Political Correctness: The Scourge of Our Times

really? not so. I guess it is so if you don't know somebody. But why do some people insist on saying shit without facing consequences?

I say if American Jihad wants to yell out 'Niggah!' like the tea party signs said...go for it. Just make sure he does it in Watts or Compton

:eusa_shhh:

you pussy you wouldnt even go to the neighborhood........and you think it's right to hurt someone over words? are you serious????? you're a retard

Bill eliminates phrase ‘mental retardation’ in Florida law

The Associated Press
Published: April 30, 2013

Proponents of the bill have said the word "retarded" is outdated and has become offensive.

Forty-three states have already taken steps to remove the word "retarded" from their laws.

President Obama signed a law in 2010 striking use of the term in federal policy.

Bill eliminates phrase ‘mental retardation’ in Florida law | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com

Dante = PanteWaste...:eek:

They voted 119-0 for the bill

Imagine it was 118-1 or 117-2... :cool: The fear of thinking different: a pivotal element of political correctness.

Some people say that freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of your opinions... I agree 100%. But it's a completely different game when the state and the political/media machine are behind those consequences.

Last edited:
Beginning to crumble?

:eusa_eh:

It will when human nature crumbles, I suppose.

Well, it will never disappear. There will always be people who want to leverage strategic hypersensitivity to control the language, and therefore the argument. What's nice to see, though, is the pushback.

Being called a "racist" because you disagree with someone whose skin is a different color no longer has the effect that it used to. Over time, hopefully, the people who are trying to shut down a person with a different opinion will actually have to defend their opinion with reason, not with some contrived, diversionary "offense".

I TOTALLY get that people (usually CLULESS liberals) play the RACE CARD inappropriately.

Likewise people (usually clueless righties) play the COMMMUNIST CARD imappropriately.

But this propensity to LABEL people inappropriately is never going to go away, and there has always been pushback, too.

There is nothing new about political correctness.

It's about far more than just labeling people. The hardcore right's goofy "commie" thing is primarily about scaring people, creating a boogeyman, painting the "other guys" as "the enemy".

Political Correctness is also about intimidating people, punishing people for using "unacceptable" words (in America, no less), and (bottom line) controlling the language and the conversation by keeping your target on the defensive.

And finally, we're now seeing real pushback against this intellectually dishonest strategy, and it's wonderful to see.

It's about far more than just labeling people. The hardcore right's goofy "commie" thing is primarily about scaring people, creating a boogeyman, painting the "other guys" as "the enemy".

Political Correctness is also about intimidating people, punishing people for using "unacceptable" words (in America, no less), and (bottom line) controlling the language and the conversation by keeping your target on the defensive.

And finally, we're now seeing real pushback against this intellectually dishonest strategy, and it's wonderful to see.

This is a warped and so convoluted, that I'll wager most readers will not have understood what you wrote. You start by whining about offending people but the second half contrasts that, or else it is an unabridged attack on the freedom of speech. I should be able to say whatever I want as long as I'm not shouting fire in a crowed theater. Otherwise, I am not going to be silenced by a bunch of self-righteous pussies...sorry.

Last edited:

This is a warped and so convoluted, that I'll wager most readers will not have understood what you wrote. You start by whining about offending people but the second half contrasts that, or else it is an unabridged attack on the freedom of speech. I should be able to say whatever I want as long as I'm not shouting fire in a crowed theater. Otherwise, I am not going to be silenced by a bunch of self-righteous pussies...sorry.

Ironically, I don't understand your post either.

I am vehemently, maniacally, passionately anti-PC, I'm a First Amendment/Freedom of Expression purist, and I scream about that regularly here. I'm not quite sure what you think I am.

Do you you know the meaning of the word "scourge"? I already knew it, it's a kind of whip used to beat people who get uppity, like slaves and other inferior people who did not remember their place, bet you long for those days. if you consider the societal pressure to be a civilized and polite human to be a "scourge" then I wonder what you think of real things the term is supposed to apply to like disease, poverty, hunger and ignorance.

You sound like your occupied, enjoy...:D

The Liberal Mind and how it's occupied...

You sound like another jackass who wants to walk around being a total prick without risking the occasional punch in the face.

Hey we all have free speech but free speech is not free of consequences. As you say being obnoxious may cost you a few teeth. Usually rightfully so.

political-correctness-political-correct-demotivational-posters-1350703428.jpg

Political correctness -- gone too far?

6/27/13

In the past week the news media has been rife with reports relating to political correctness. More specifically, television chef Paula Deen lost her job for making racial slurs sometime in the past. Radnor High School has lost its Native American mascot. And now we hear that Kate Gosselin (the famous mother of sextuplets) has been criticized because she once imitated a Geisha.

Reminds us of the to-do in Kennett Square years back when the borough had plans for a statue of hometown hero Herb Pennock squashed because of a rumor relating to how he once referred to black Dodger superstar Jackie Robinson.

But now what is immediately close to home for the folks in southern Chester County is that two schools, Unionville and Octorara, have an Indian and a Brave respectively as their mascots.

What’s going on?
Have political activists in these districts been complaining that descendants of the country’s first inhabitants might be offended that teams have adopted their kin as symbols? We have rarely if ever heard anyone make disparaging comments about the Unionville and Octorara mascots or the people who inspired them.

First, he said the district aims to honor Native Americans, even to the point of teaching its students in the early grades the acronym for BRAVES: bold, responsible, ambitious, virtuous, energetic and selfless.

He also pointed out that the statue of the Brave in front of the high school is holding a diploma, not a weapon.

And who knows? Are they going to complain about the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians or even the University of Southern California?

We’re hoping that modern day Scandinavians don’t take offense with teams being called “Vikings,” or that sons of sons of sailors don’t object to a team being called “Pirates” …. or Quakers. They might be the next ones to lose their mascots.

Lighten up. There are worse things than being called a Brave or a Viking or a Demon.

Political correctness -- gone too far? - Southern Chester County Weeklies

political-correctness-political-correct-demotivational-posters-1350703428.jpg

Political correctness -- gone too far?

6/27/13

In the past week the news media has been rife with reports relating to political correctness. More specifically, television chef Paula Deen lost her job for making racial slurs sometime in the past. Radnor High School has lost its Native American mascot. And now we hear that Kate Gosselin (the famous mother of sextuplets) has been criticized because she once imitated a Geisha.

Political correctness -- gone too far? - Southern Chester County Weeklies

And yet, still no objections to the "N" word in cRap songs.

"Fuck off Bitch" has always carried the risk of a prompt ass whipping. "Fuck off Bitch" is under the category of "Fighting Words".

"Fuck off, Bitch" is a very poor example of the type of Political Correctness that is threatening freedom of speech today.

That poor Southern cook is a victim of Political Correctness as it exist today. What did she do?

Told the truth. Admitted that, on a single occasion twenty-seven years ago, she used a racial slur when angry. Obama was doing lines of cocaine 27 years ago.

Tsarnaev, Hasan and Deadly Political Correctness

July 12, 2013 By Lloyd Billingsley

On Wednesday Dzhohkar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty to 30 counts in the Boston Marathon bombings and jury selection began in the case of U.S. Army Major Nidal Hasan, accused of murdering 13 at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009. The Hasan and Tsarnaev cases emerged the same day in testimony before the House Homeland Security Committee, where the first witness, Rudy Giuliani, said that political correctness hinders efforts to stop terrorists before they strike.

Guiliani, mayor of New York during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, told the committee “You can’t fight an enemy you don’t acknowledge.” To confront the terrorist threat effectively, “we have to purge ourselves of the practice of political correctness when it goes so far that it interferes with our rational and intellectually honest analysis of the identifying characteristics that help a discover these killers in advance.”

According to the Times reporters, some law enforcement authorities “contend that if the local murder investigation had been more vigorous it could have led to his [Tamerlan’s] apprehension well before the bombings left 3 dead and more than 260 wounded — in short, that the bombings might never have happened.”

Tsarnaev, Hasan and Deadly Political Correctness | FrontPage Magazine

367D8BFF-520F-439F-A31A-5DE7DE338808_mw1024_n_s.jpg

Political correctness led to the Fort Hood massacre

9/13/13
By BRIAN LOUTREL

“Political correctness” means language, ideas, or policies which address discrimination against or alienation of politically, socially or economically disadvantaged groups. The term was originally coined in the 1970s and its intent was admirable.

But today the American left uses political correctness to shut down any rational debate with those who disagree with them on any topic, especially Islamic extremism in America. Army Maj. Nidal Hasan’s murder of 12 unarmed U.S. soldiers, a civilian and an unborn child at Fort Hood in 2009 is a perfect example of the tragic consequences of the left’s political correctness.

The Fort Hood massacre could have been prevented — but the left’s political correctness regarding Muslims allowed serious warning signs about Hasan to be ignored.

The Senate Committee on Homeland Security issued a report in 2011 on Hasan that demonstrated how political correctness and willful blindness led to the Fort Hood massacre and the subsequent refusal by Barack Obama and the Defense Department to label the murders what they were — an Islamic terrorist attack.

The report detailed how the Army grossly misrepresented Hasan’s skill and character as glowingly positive under “promoting diversity within the Service.” Hasan’s evaluations by his superior officers called him a “star officer” and how he was “illuminating the role of culture and Islamic faith within the Global War on Terrorism.” He was even designated as an authority on Islam.

Disgracefully, the mainstream media’s coverage of this trial has been minimal to non-existent. And where are the celebrity lobbyists and high-profile advocating for Hasan’s victims?

This is what political correctness has brought — the tragic plight of 13 adults and one unborn child murdered in cold blood by a deranged Islamic fanatic — is ignored.

The victims of Hasan’s attack — our soldiers and civilians — deserve better.

Political correctness led to the Fort Hood massacre - phillyburbs.com: Guest

I agree that the conditioning known as political correctness is a form of brainwash, and while I was not aware of the circumstances outlined in the OP it does make sense to me. What I find most interesting about the degree to which the objective of political correctness has been successful is the degree to which the majority of Americans have succumbed to it.

I agree that the conditioning known as political correctness is a form of brainwash, and while I was not aware of the circumstances outlined in the OP it does make sense to me. What I find most interesting about the degree to which the objective of political correctness has been successful is the degree to which the majority of Americans have succumbed to it.

It was shoved down our throats by education k to C and all kinds of media pushed by the progressive/liberals, google it...:eusa_angel:

PC has a lot to do with this also ---> http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/265116-pussification-of-america.html

Last edited:

It was shoved down our throats by education k to C and all kinds of media pushed by the progressive/liberals, google it...:eusa_angel:

PC was adopted by the US military in 1948.

PC was adopted by the US military in 1948.

Would you happen to have a link, I'm curious to see if they used the term PC in 48...:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back