Police State: Cop Drags Woman, 77, From Car After ID Refusal...

Texas Law states that Officers can't write tickets unless a City Population is ABOVE 50,000 or a County is ABOVE 200,000.

Do you know where that stop was? Do you know where the Cop is from? Of course you don't, but I do. Keene, Texas.

Keene Texas. Population 6,167.

They have no authority to write tickets under Texas State Law.

PLUS, under Texas State Law in order for a person to be arrested for "failure to show License" they must have been previously Lawfully Arrested.

What was she previously Arrested for? Nothing! The Cop is in violation of the Law. She has a good case against the officer and the city of Keene.

CONservative. Dumbest Poster EVAH!

Traffic Ticket Warrants | dallasattorney.com

When you receive a traffic ticket, the police officer requests that you sign it. Your signature is not a plea of "guilty" to the charge. It is simply your promise to appear in court, on or before the appearance date. If you fail to take any action on your traffic ticket, a warrant can be issued for your arrest. You are subject to arrest anywhere in the State of Texas, at any time. The police may come, unannounced, to your home, or even your place of business, and take you into custody in front of your friends, family, or co-workers. In addition, by not taking action on your ticket in a timely fashion, the State of Texas may file an additional criminal charge of failure to appear. You may not even aware that this charge has been filed against you, because the State of Texas has the ability to file this case "at large." In other words, since you are not available for an officer to issue you a citation, the "failure to appear" charge can be file against you with the court, in your absence. To make matters worse, an additional warrant can be issued pursuant to this new charge.

For traffic tickets, there are two types of warrants: alias warrants and capias warrants. If you receive a traffic ticket and take no action, at some point, the court will issue an alias warrant for your arrest. Also, if you set your case for court and fail to appear, an alias warrant will be issued. On the other hand, if you take action on your case (i.e., if you have previously entered a "guilty" or "no contest" plea, requested defensive driving, or asked for a payment plan) and have not follow through on the agreement that you made with the court (e.g., you didn't take defensive driving, or pay the fine you agreed to pay), the court will issue a capias warrant. A capias warrant cannot be removed by the posting of an attorney bond. However, if you have spent time in jail since the capias warrant issued for your arrest, we may be able to have the court give you back time credit (i.e., allow you to credit the time you spent in jail to satisfy the fine). If so, we may be able to assist you so that you don't have to pay the fine that you owe.

If you have been issued a traffic citation, and taken no action on or before the appearance date, a warrant has probably been issued for your arrest!
Gee... look at that. A Texas law firms website, talking about all the many ways you can be arrested in Texas in regards to traffic tickets.

I guess Mad was... lying.

Where did Mad go? Maybe he's searching for a link to something that proves his asinine contention that police in Texas can't arrest people.

Come on back, Mad. Show us that link! I posted several already that prove you're a complete jackass, liar and hack. What you got to counter my links?

Dipshit.

The whole Authority-Worship thing really is baffling to me. The Police-Worship stuff is especially creepy. Why do so many Americans subscribe to the Authority-Worship mentality? What happened to them? How and why did it happen?

The whole FUCK-THE-POLICE, FUCK-AUTHORITY thing really is baffling to me. The FUCK-AUTHORITY stuff is especially creepy. Why do so many Americans subscribe to the FUCK-AUTHORITY mentality? What happened to them? How and why did it happen?

By the way anarchist, abiding by the law does not equal "authority worship".

They're old. Isn't that enough reason to be a bit cranky? This cop didn't need to over-react like this. Jail is not where this old lady belongs. This is why our Police Force needs to be retrained on how to properly deal with fellow Citizens. They do work for us after all.

It is astounding what an absolute kook you sound like. You make Ron Paul sound almost rational.

Since when does being old make someone "cranky"? I've got news for you, I've known HUNDREDS of old people who couldn't have been any more pleasant.

Furthermore, where is it written that being "cranky" is authorization to violate the law? No matter how many times you attempt to use "old" and/or "cranky" as an excuse (the absolute worst excuse ever), it doesn't change anything. It just makes you sound like a bigger idiot/asshole each time.

The law is the law, and it doesn't alter based on the opinion of paulitician that someone was "old" or "cranky".

LMAO! Why do you insist on just making shit up? You're talking out of your ass and you sound like an ignorant hillbilly.

Tell you what hillbilly, the next time you are pulled over, refuse to show your license, ask if you are under arrest, and then just drive away before the officer is finished. Let me know how it goes... :lol:
I already did it at a DUI Checkpoint in Gettysburg muther f*cker.

Do you actually know the Laws of the State in which you live or do you just hope that the Police will act within the Law?

I'll bet you know the staring lineup of your favorite Sports Team but you haven't a clue what the 7th Amendment is without looking it up.

Riiiight... :lol:

Guess what hillbilly, you don't have to pay your taxes either...

Actually you're both wrong. There are in fact rules where the police cannot prevent you from disengaging them. What MS seems to be missing is this woman was stopped because she committed a crime. And a traffic citation is an arrest. So no she could not just leave.

If this tape had a young black man in it instead of an old white woman you guys would be cheering

Because, TM, to the radical right, not only are cops peons and worthless uses of tax money, but they are also....GASP....government workers, and thus evil beyond belief.

The right wing Ron Paulies and TP'ers have turned hostile towards police officers. Plain and simple.

So.............

If cops dont treat everyone the same, they are bias, racist pigs.

If cops treat everyone the same, they are heartless asshole govt workers who should be fired.

You people are amazing.

HEY I KNOW!! Raise your precious taxes, and pay them more so they can attract better recruits, and retain the good ones they already have.

But no.....not raise taxes one damn cent, but then demand better service. The insanity of the right.

Don't let Cops in your house! Unless they have a "Search Warrant" they can't come in. An "Arrest Warrant" ISN'T a Search Warrant either.

You should know the differences between the two.

[youtube]z_ckcdtQ95w#![/youtube]

HAHAHAHA!!! You dumbass.

You've not read much about "exigent circumstances" have you?? A search warrant is NOT required at all times.

Go smoke some more dope idiot.

The whole Authority-Worship thing really is baffling to me. The Police-Worship stuff is especially creepy. Why do so many Americans subscribe to the Authority-Worship mentality? What happened to them? How and why did it happen?

The whole FUCK-THE-POLICE, FUCK-AUTHORITY thing really is baffling to me. The FUCK-AUTHORITY stuff is especially creepy. Why do so many Americans subscribe to the FUCK-AUTHORITY mentality? What happened to them? How and why did it happen?

By the way anarchist, abiding by the law does not equal "authority worship".

Yes, please save us from the 'Anarchy!' These dastardly 77yr. old Grandmothers will be the death of America for sure. Seriously, take a break from all that Goose Stepping. You've bleepin lost it.

Don't let Cops in your house! Unless they have a "Search Warrant" they can't come in. An "Arrest Warrant" ISN'T a Search Warrant either.

You should know the differences between the two.

[youtube]z_ckcdtQ95w#![/youtube]

HAHAHAHA!!! You dumbass.

You've not read much about "exigent circumstances" have you?? A search warrant is NOT required at all times.

Go smoke some more dope idiot.

Why would you cheer and gloat over that? Man, i'll never get you Gestapo-Bots.

If it were a black man you would have cheered the action

Yes, you've repeated that on this thread about 10 times or so. But you still haven't given any proof or even a shred of a logical argument for your assertion. In fact, all you've done is defend the Gestapo on this. You really do strike me as a very confused and irrational person. But i'm a fair person, so i'll give you another chance to redeem yourself.

Where did Mad go? Maybe he's searching for a link to something that proves his asinine contention that police in Texas can't arrest people.

Come on back, Mad. Show us that link! I posted several already that prove you're a complete jackass, liar and hack. What you got to counter my links?
Dipshit.
I asked you to start a thread entitled "This is why Mad Scientist is the Dumbest Poster Here" and then link back to my statement. I know you saw it because you were on the list of "people viewing this thread" after I wrote it. The pussy is you.

First off, I said the Police in that city cannot give citationsunless that city has a population of 50,000 or a county has a population of 200,000. Texas State Law Title 37, Part 1, Chapter 4, Subchapter B, Rule §4.13:
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=37&pt=1&ch=4&rl=13
Municipal police officers from any of the following Texas cities meeting the training and certification requirements contained in subsection (b) of this section and certified by the department may stop, enter or detain on a highway or at a port of entry within the municipality a motor vehicle subject to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 644:

(A) a municipality with a population of 50,000 or more;
Keen has a population far less than 50,000.
This is because the Police are supposed to be monitoring and regulating Commercial Traffic. You know, big rigs and other business related transportation?
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=37&pt=1&ch=1&rl=2
The mission of the Texas Department of Public Safety (Cops) is:
(1) to supervise traffic on rural highways;

(2) to supervise AND regulate commercial and "for hire" traffic;
Supervise means "watch". Regulate means "control and enforce laws and issue citations".

If you live in Texas and you get a ticket you can probably get out of it by citing these Laws. Why don't more people do it? Because they're lazy, they trust the Police too much, and they'd rather stay at home and watch MFL Footsbawl. (Or masturbate to Dr. Who videos. :D)

EDIT: I don't know why the links don't work. Here is the Texas State Code:
Secretary of State Site Index
Go to the following chapters under "Uniform Commercial Code" (Or would that be too much for you to handle?):

Title 37, Part 1, Chapter 1, Subchapter A, Rule §1.2 The DPS can only REGULATE commercial and "for hire" traffic.

Title 37, Part 1, Chapter 4, Subchapter B, Rule §4.13 – Subsection (a) population & location requirements, Subsection (b) training & cert. requirements.

Nice how Police treat our eldery huh? Imagine this being your Grandmother? 'To protect and Serve?' Yeah, i think most Americans just laugh at that thought nowadays. Most of our Police Force is made up of roided-up power-mad assholes. We need revolutionary change in how our Police are trained.

Texas Cop Drags 77-year-old Grandmother from Car - YouTube

I would have tazed her dumbass.
Then you would have been in court fighting an "Excessive Use of Force" charge.

Have your papers people, have your papers. This is a new America.

It is a law in this state to have a drivers license and insurance and to produce said documents during a traffic stop. It has been that way for quite a long time.

It's nothing new you moron!

Nice how Police treat our eldery huh? Imagine this being your Grandmother? 'To protect and Serve?' Yeah, i think most Americans just laugh at that thought nowadays. Most of our Police Force is made up of roided-up power-mad assholes. We need revolutionary change in how our Police are trained.

I would have tazed her dumbass.
Then you would have been in court fighting an "Excessive Use of Force" charge.

I doubt it.

The woman was belligerent from the get go. Had she just given the required drivers license and the required insurance none of that would have happened. You are a typical Paultard. Actually a little worse. Diss the cops till you need one then you cower, piss all over your self and kiss their feet. You, and your ilk make me sick.

While I agree the cop jumped the gun a bit... She certainly didn't help herself in that situation.

Forum List

Back