Police cars in Jefferson County, Illinois will now say "In God We Trust".

Time for a lawsuit. Once again mixing government and religion.
Who's the plaintiff?
Whoever wants to file the lawsuit. This is a quite obvious case of violation of church and state.
You have no idea how this works. Who is being discriminated against? Who is aggrieved by this?
I already explained this to you. ANYONE that is not a christian is being discriminated against for starters. Secondly its against separation of church and state.
No such thing as separation of church and state. Why is it you idiots claim that when Christianity is proclaimed but if it said "in Allah we trust" you idiots would praise it?
""Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States."
separation of church and state. - Google Search

You've heard of the First Amendment I assume? Or at least, the Second?

Who's the plaintiff?
Whoever wants to file the lawsuit. This is a quite obvious case of violation of church and state.
You have no idea how this works. Who is being discriminated against? Who is aggrieved by this?
I already explained this to you. ANYONE that is not a christian is being discriminated against for starters. Secondly its against separation of church and state.
No such thing as separation of church and state. Why is it you idiots claim that when Christianity is proclaimed but if it said "in Allah we trust" you idiots would praise it?
""Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States."

A statement by Jefferson, not in constitution. I have a copy of it. The first Amendment says government shall not establish a religion and people are free to worship as they please. Something you retarded commie libs hate.

You stupid fucks carry around with you in God we trust in your wallet, how does that make you feel?

Lmao

You stupid fucks carry around with you in God we trust in your wallet, how does that make you feel?

Lmao
Pissed off as we are, or are supposed to be, a secular nation. How does the fact that they left God out of the founding document of the nation make you feel, Christian?

A statement by Jefferson, not in constitution. I have a copy of it. The first Amendment says government shall not establish a religion and people are free to worship as they please. Something you retarded commie libs hate.
Using public funds to say you believe in God, or allowing such a thing, even if paid for privately, on what is publicly owned is establishment.

This mantra, “Separation of Church & State,” is NOT an actual Law of the Land but rather was coined by Thomas Jefferson in his reply to the Danbury Baptists of Rhode Island assuring them that the State would NEVER interfere with Christians public expression of Christianity in the public square.

Lmao
Pissed off as we are, or are supposed to be, a secular nation. How does the fact that they left God of the founding document make you feel, Christian?

America is a Christian country; always has been, always will be.
Nope. America is a nation of Christians, not a Christian Nation. Christian nations don't ban, by law, their ability to say they are a Christian nation, they just say it.

This mantra, “Separation of Church & State,” is NOT an actual Law of the Land but rather was coined by Thomas Jefferson in his reply to the Danbury Baptists of Rhode Island assuring them that the State would NEVER interfere with Christians public expression of Christianity in the public square.
Not quite, and placing an acknowledgment of God on a police car, which is the state, breaches the Wall...

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson s Letter to the Danbury Baptists June 1998 - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Using public funds to say you believe in God, or allowing such a thing, even if paid for privately, on what is publicly owned is establishment.
Only in a retards mind, retard.
Nope: Oklahoma Supreme Court reaffirms order to remove Ten Commandments monument Christian News on Christian Today

Yet now, distorting the original intent of “Separation of Church & State,” not a December goes by without the ACLU litigating against some small American town forcing it to remove all symbols of Christmas displayed in its parks and streets.

For instance, recently an ACLU attorney by the name of Katie Schwartzmann threatened to sue the Town of Ponchatoula, Louisiana unless it removed a Christmas Cross annually displayed in the center of the town.

The mayor was forced to acquiesce, explaining to a local TV station: “We don’t have the money to fight the ACLU. These kind of lawsuits are very expensive.”

But where is the ACLU when the 40 foot Hanukkah Menorah is put up on the White House Lawn every year, and even accompanied by the US Air Force Band playing “I Have A Little Dreidel?”

No, not a peep out the ACLU. No “intolerance” cited by the ACLU’s favorite lie, “Separation of Church & State.”

Last edited:
They haven't though this through too well, since Americans have little faith in their legal system and local police.

In God We Trust is true, as we can't trust the police to do their job or for the courts to treat everyone fairly. ;)

The sheriff is misguided.

Very possibly, but he has the right to be misguided and if he really fucks up, people can kick him out.

I'm not sure why you believe that I think he doesn't have the right to do what he did. I simply stated that his contention that our nation was built on "In God We Trust" is misguided.

Oh, I don't disagree with you. But playing devil's advocate can be so fun!!!

Time for a lawsuit. Once again mixing government and religion.
Who's the plaintiff?

Damn. You are stupid.

Who gives a shit?

If it's on our money why can't it be on police cars?

More atheist faux outrage

It shouldn't be on our money.

But it is and it won't be going away any time soon

Hey I'm an atheist but I'm not going to get my boxers in a twist over in god we trust as far as I'm concerned it's about as meaningful as in Mickey Mouse we trust

It's going away at some point. You are an odd Athiest, then.

I'm not interested in having religion represented in any government function. I'll leave that to nations that don't separate church and state.

Why get upset over something you believe is a fiction?

So the fuck what if it says in god we trust on a hundred dollar bill, it spends the same no matter what slogan is on it.

I don't get upset over prayer in school or donated monuments with a religious undertone.

IMO it's no more offensive than a cartoon character

A cartoon character? Are you equating Jesus with Daffy Duck....as in both are imaginary?

I think you are rationalizing. Why? Because you agree with religious nutjobs on many issues.......so you are not willing to offend them by suggesting that their beliefs don't belong anywhere near our system of government.

You say that you don't believe in any god......but you are fine with others making a belief in their god a requisite for being an American?

I pledge allegiance to the flag "quack-quack"...........

How can you say belief is a prerequisite for being an American? No one is telling you that you have to believe or have your citizenship revoked.

How does the slogan in god we trust on a dollar bill force you to do anything if you think it's meaningless?

Or are you such a sheep that you are afraid that you will believe what other people believe just because they are around you?

IDGAF about the sensibilities of religious people. I just don't get myself in a tizzy over things that are meaningless

BTW I haven't said the pledge of allegiance in over 30 years and I don't see myself saying it in the future

Forum List

Back