pics of the muttos

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i got two dogs...thor the proud but not too bright doberman...he is a blue ...and yes that is an accepted color...you have 4 accepted colors...black, blue, red, fawn or isabella....the albinio is not an accepted color and should unfortuately be destroyed or at least neutered.
the blue and fawns are color dilutes of the black and reds but i digress.

this is thor, big and goofy till he needs to be otherwise...he likes kids...but he tends to be like a big old bowling ball in a pack of kids..small kids fly up and out...he doesnt mean to be that way he is just so happy and starts to wiggle and then kids start to fly..

IMG_0078.jpg

the blonde is jake, he is a rescue and is junkyard at heart...he is alpha male...managing to bully the dumb pup into falling for it. when it comes to food...jake reverts to starved junkyard dog..while thor has never been hungry...guess who wins?

IMG_0067.jpg

No, actually, he's really well behaved and easy to control. He obeys well to commands.

He's also a bit of a chicken. A couple of times, he has escaped from the fence and I've come home to find him sitting at the front door.

I have six dogs...ranging from 3 to 16 in age...this one is Abby, she's a sweetheart, a total cake-dog :)
abby7-2000.jpg

and this one is Cowboy, he's an Australian Shepherd....
cowboystock3-07j.jpg

Last edited:
I love dogs and I would dearly love to own one. Unfortunately, at the moment that's not a possibility. Made plenty of doggy friends in Afghanistan though. There's always loads of strays abandoned by their owners when they flee the fighting and if you 'adopt' one of these, you've a friend for the duration.

These pups were born to a stray our boys rescued in Nowzat in 06.

You can read about it here:
Mayhew International - Places - Afghanistan - Nowzad Dogs

Nowzadpups.jpg

Juju. He's an Australian Shepherd.

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

A red Aussie is just one of the most beautiful dogs in the world to me.

I got a pound puppy 13 years ago and she was a three month old, black and white Aussie mix pup.

I knew nothing about Aussies and have been treated to the most wonderful dog a person can own. I think she may be an Aussie Border collie mix.

She is brilliant. She understands so much human speak its is unbeliveable. I can talk to her in full sentances and she understand just what I'm saying. When we are out front I can tell her to "get out of the street" just like she was a child and she will step back up onto the sidewalk.

She a little old lady now and is getting milky eyed and has trouble getting up after laying down for awhile.

I just dont know what I will do without her.

I think I may have to look at the pound for a red Aussie. They are just soooo beautiful.

Forum List

Back