Peyton Manning going home....any predictions?

On the other hand, the problem with the NFL is that it isn't about who is the best team. It's about who's the best team on one particular day.

Because the other sports are able to play more games, and have best-of playoff series, they do a much better job of finding out who the best team in a given year is.

Also, no football game will ever match the intensity of a good game 7. It's like an NFL playoff game, only with a bunch of buildup! :lol:

Yes, hockey in warm-weather places is kind of weird, but it's not like air conditioning is new technology. :tongue:
Saints are the best team in football this year.

Really? No way they sache' thier way into the CLink and go home happy.

NO is a good team....don't get me wrong..."The Best?" Top 4 in the NFC is thier "Best".

At this time with many of the injuries that plagued the Seahawks to a 6-1 record are healed and Percy Harvin is suited up ready to shred Defenses.... The Hawks are the strongest team in the NFC. Strongest team in the NFL? The Superbowl will decide that.

It certainly isn't the Colts. Beating an injury ridden Hawks by six at home in a game that they were extremely lucky to have won doesn't make them the best team either although one would thing they won the Superbowl against Denver to hear Bleacher report tell it. They did play well in SF.. but every team that faced the Seahawks this year was so beat up and demoralised that they have ALL lost the next game.

I hope the Colts and Lucky Luck make it to the big dance. THEN we shall see fo show what's what and who is who.

On the other hand, the problem with the NFL is that it isn't about who is the best team. It's about who's the best team on one particular day.

Because the other sports are able to play more games, and have best-of playoff series, they do a much better job of finding out who the best team in a given year is.

Also, no football game will ever match the intensity of a good game 7. It's like an NFL playoff game, only with a bunch of buildup! :lol:

Yes, hockey in warm-weather places is kind of weird, but it's not like air conditioning is new technology. :tongue:

NO is a good team....don't get me wrong..."The Best?" Top 4 in the NFC is thier "Best".

At this time with many of the injuries that plagued the Seahawks to a 6-1 record are healed and Percy Harvin is suited up ready to shred Defenses.... The Hawks are the strongest team in the NFC. Strongest team in the NFL? The Superbowl will decide that.

It certainly isn't the Colts. Beating an injury ridden Hawks by six at home in a game that they were extremely lucky to have won doesn't make them the best team either although one would thing they won the Superbowl against Denver to hear Bleacher report tell it. They did play well in SF.. but every team that faced the Seahawks this year was so beat up and demoralised that they have ALL lost the next game.

I hope the Colts and Lucky Luck make it to the big dance. THEN we shall see fo show what's what and who is who.

Do you know that the Niners are the only team Seattle has beaten that currently has a winning record?

The Colts have beaten Seattle, SF, and Denver.

I'm not saying the Colts are a better team, especially now that Reggie Wayne is out for the year, but there's certainly some argument there.

KC is the only unbeaten team, so they have to be in the conversation, too.

I just looked, Seattle and San Fran each have only 2 games remaining against teams that currently have a winning record. The Saints and each other. They could both easily end up with 12+ wins if the competition remains as poor as the records indicate.

I think Denver is a good team, but I see 13-3 or 12-4. KC and Denver will probably split the home and home. I'm still not convinced that they are a Super Bowl team.

NO, Seattle and San Francisco are Super Bowl teams and the Broncos and the Colts in the AFC.

a couple years from now when Manning is gone the chiefs could be a superbowl team but yeah,not now.

The loser of the NFC West is the big loser. Finishing 2nd in the NFC West, even with a 13-3 or 12-4 record drops one down to the #5 seed. For SF it would probably mean playing back to back playoff matchups with New Orleans and Seattle, an impossible task. The wildcard teams have had luck recently in the playoffs, but with Seattle and New Orleans in the hunt with their tough home records, home field advantage is huge.
WTF do you know? I'm a Rams fan! That means I know..............that means I know
.................shit, I'll get back to you on what I know!

Don't you find it strange that a team would move away from a large market like LA and settle for a mid size market? The Raiders did the same and no one wants to put a team in LA, the second biggest market in the country. Never understood that.

i know that was retarded.The NFL is a disgrace for allowing the Rams to move away.Oakland yeah because they dont belong there,Oakland is where they always belong so they are back where they belong now.better stay there.LA RAIDERS was a name that just did not fit,not near as retarded as st louis rams but still.pretty stupid.how the NFL allowed those two teams especially the rams to move out of LA,was idiotic.

except they are going to be 2nd best when they got up to seattle and lose and lose home filed advantage in the process.:D

Do you know that the Niners are the only team Seattle has beaten that currently has a winning record?

I'm not saying the Colts are a better team, especially now that Reggie Wayne is out for the year, but there's certainly some argument there.

I just looked, Seattle and San Fran each have only 2 games remaining against teams that currently have a winning record. The Saints and each other. They could both easily end up with 12+ wins if the competition remains as poor as the records indicate.

It's crazy how this season has played out. When the schedules were released it looked like Seattle and SF had horribly difficult matchups. Who could have guessed that teams like the Giants and the Texans and Atlanta and the Vikings would have losing seasons? It sure looks a lot better for Seattle and SF from here on out than it did in early September.

Crazy too because the Texans have the best defense on paper right now... Seattle is second.

Stranger still is that the second best team in the NFC West could easily have a record of 13-3 at the end of the season and be a wild card team. It may very well take a 14-2 record to win the NFC West. That should be good enough also for a home field advantage in the playoffs.

Crazy too because the Texans have the best defense on paper right now....
Are you dating James Watt?

Shit, I thought that thread about you liking "man ass" was bullshit?

SHHHHhhhh.......!!!!! I was trying to keep it a secret.

What is it with you and the sexual references lately? Get yourself a girlfriend/boyfriend and satisfy your fantasies in a more appropriate theater.

All this slap, pinch and tickle in a sports forum is not only off topic...it's kinda creepy.

I'm truly sorry for you Rams fans on how this season is playing out. My sympathy line is way short of trading gushy pillow talk with you to sooth your pain.

It's crazy how this season has played out. When the schedules were released it looked like Seattle and SF had horribly difficult matchups. Who could have guessed that teams like the Giants and the Texans and Atlanta and the Vikings would have losing seasons? It sure looks a lot better for Seattle and SF from here on out than it did in early September.

Crazy too because the Texans have the best defense on paper right now... Seattle is second.

Stranger still is that the second best team in the NFC West could easily have a record of 13-3 at the end of the season and be a wild card team. It may very well take a 14-2 record to win the NFC West. That should be good enough also for a home field advantage in the playoffs.

sure IS crazy.who would have thunk that the CHIEFS would be undefeated at this point in the season and not just undefeated,but the only undefeated team and the Giants would be winless.:confused:

HUG i just checked the rest of the colts schedule and the only game I see them losing to is possibly the bengals in cincy so if im right,they would get homefiled advantage over the donkeys if the donkeys lost in kc which i think they will and both went 14-2.here is their remaining schedle for the colts.

HOUSTON-AT HOME,YOU KIDDING?

RAMS AT HOME-YOU KIDDING?

AT TITANS-YOU KIDDING?

AT CARDS-YOU KIDDING?

HOME-TITANS-YOU KIDDING?

AT BENGALS-COULD POSE A PROBLEM BUT I JUST DONT SEE THEM GOOD ENOUGH YET TO BEAT THE COLTS.

HOME-TEXANS-YOU KIDDING?

AT KC-COULD POSE THEM PROBLEMS WITH THE CROWD AND DEFENSE,BUT UNLIKE THE BRONCOS,THE COLTS HAVE A GOOD DEFENSE AND WILL KEEP THE CHIEFS OFFENSE ON THE SIDELINES ALL DAY LONG WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY WEAR DOWN THEIR DEFENSE AND THE COLTS COME AWAY WITH A VICTORY.

HOME TO JAGS.YOU KIDDING?

SO that would give them a 14-2 record and home field advantage over donkeys if donkeys go 14-2 as well only losing to the chiefs at home which i dont see them winning cause the noise factor and the defense will be too much for manning to handle.

AND REMEMBER,THE CHARGERS APPEAR LIKE THEY HAVE TURNED THE CORNER IN BECOMING A CONTENDER THE FACT THEY MANHANDLED THE COLTS SO THEY MAY CAUSE THE DONKEYS PROBLEMS AS WELL WHEN THE DONKEYS FACE THEM IN CALIFOR-NIA.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back