Pete Buttigieg: America Isn’t ‘Much Of A Democracy’ Because Of That Electoral College Thing

Someone should inform BootyJudge that we have never been a democracy. Presidential candidates should know these things.
You should watch his announcement speech from yesterday. Then you wouldn't sound so miserably uninformed.

Why is it that America is the only place where the candidate with fewer votes wins the election?
Maybe so the states that produce our food have representation.
Are you denying California agriculture?

I deny that I eat much of anything grown in that state, so I don't care!
Have some lettuce or some almonds or garlic or pistachios or some citrus or strawberries or tomatoes or most anything else else.

The amount of food grown in California would stagger you.

And what on earth does agriculture have to do with the EC?

Someone should inform BootyJudge that we have never been a democracy. Presidential candidates should know these things.
You should watch his announcement speech from yesterday. Then you wouldn't sound so miserably uninformed.

Why is it that America is the only place where the candidate with fewer votes wins the election?

Have some lettuce or some almonds or garlic or pistachios or some citrus or strawberries or tomatoes or most anything else else.

You brought it up dumbass!

I get any of those things I like from states in my backyard. Have a nice day!

And nationally in spite of winning more votes
You just marginalized a whole lot of states with smaller populations that produce food.
No. I recognize every state has an agricultural industry within them.

Why did you bas your point on that? What does food production have to do with the Electoral Dollege?
Why don’t you research why the FF came up with the EC?
It was very clever and centuries ahead of it’s time.
What percentage of the population lived on farms or in small towns when the EC was adopted? What percentage of the population lived in cities then?

Do those percentages apply today?

The EC was designed to prevent states like Pennsylvania and Virginia from always winning the presidency and it actually failed miserably in the beginning. Look at how many Presidents came from Virginia, which was the largest state until 1810 when replaced by New York and they have had the 3rd highest number of Presidents at 5. By contrast, Pennsylvania has only had one elected.
And yet a state a president comes from does not hold sway over the government.

Count all the votes. Determine who won the most and inaugurate that person.

If only you had read all my posts s and responses.

Then you wouldn’t come off so utterly simpleminded

You just marginalized a whole lot of states with smaller populations that produce food.

Why did you bas your point on that? What does food production have to do with the Electoral Dollege?
What percentage of the population lived on farms or in small towns when the EC was adopted? What percentage of the population lived in cities then?

The EC was designed to prevent states like Pennsylvania and Virginia from always winning the presidency and it actually failed miserably in the beginning. Look at how many Presidents came from Virginia, which was the largest state until 1810 when replaced by New York and they have had the 3rd highest number of Presidents at 5. By contrast, Pennsylvania has only had one elected.

You are too fucking stupid to breathe! You either did not read, or could not process the facts I stated above.

Where you are from does have an impact of the election. That is why there is an exception in the electoral college voting rules which normally prevents candidates for president and vice president being from the same state. Surely, you slept through your government classes if they had not thrown you out before you got to that grade!

If only you had read all my posts s and responses.

Then you wouldn’t come off so utterly simpleminded

The only reason I read your posts is morbid curiosity, to see how bad you can screw up!

I am rarely disappointed.

BTW, simple minded is two seperate words. You should have known that as many times as I am sure that has been applied to you.

The 2020 Dem race is to see who can outstupid each other.

AMERICA IS A REPUBLIC
And rightard dumbarses neither use dictionaries nor think dictionaries apply to themselves.

democracy 1 a form of government in which the people govern themselves or elect representatives to govern them.

And it is true in the US some people are more represented than others because of the way representatives are apportioned.

Because they had the majority of votes in more states

Prairie votes count more than people's.

Translation: the democrat Party can only win by cheating in big cities, wahhhh, not fair that our democrat cheating big cities dont have even more influence, wahhhhh

Because we want Democratic slums dictating our nation.

Because like the last election the candidate with the most votes would have been a disaster for America.
Take your head out of your Fox hole. Let the American voters elect a president, not some right wing "pundit"!
We elected a president, not a crooked lying commie like hildabeast.

I want Americans dictating our nation. Government for, by and of the people. Never one party rule, and never disparaging the majority.

Because like the last election the candidate with the most votes would have been a disaster for America.
Take your head out of your Fox hole. Let the American voters elect a president, not some right wing "pundit"!
We elected a president, not a crooked lying commie like hildabeast.
Crooked and lying? And you put your faith in a reality TV game show host?

I want Americans dictating our nation. Government for, by and of the people. Never one party rule, and never disparaging the majority.
One party rule?
The bottom line is that if you don’t get 100% of what you want, you do what most people do...throw a hissy fit.

One party rule?
The bottom line is that if you don’t get 100% of what you want, you do what most people do...throw a hissy fit.
Dissent is not a 'hissy fit'. And pique is not a standard for governance.

One party rule?
Dissent is not a 'hissy fit'. And pique is not a standard for governance.
Uh huh.
I read your posts and I know of what I speak.

I want Americans dictating our nation.

Great! Me too!

Cast out the Democrats from all positions of power.

Forum List

Back