People who lie to you

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I'm sure we've all been lied to by people we thought we could trust.

I try to give someone one more chance if they've lied to me, if there is a good reason behind it. But...........if it happens more than once, then it's hard for me to trust them again.

What are your thoughts about being lied to by someone you trust?

It depends on the lie and why it was made.

I really dont like lies and have eliminated from my life people for one lie.

I try to give someone one more chance if they've lied to me, if there is a good reason behind it. But...........if it happens more than once, then it's hard for me to trust them again.

If they were just too afraid to tell me the truth the first time, I usually don't care.

One strike and you're out. Trick me once, your fault...trick me twice, my fault.

If you tell one lie to a friend, you will tell another. Once you lie, you are a liar. Telling lie's is never a good thing to do....unless of course it's the wife asking if the dress makes her look fat! :lol:

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.

Thinking the person you are listening is always telling the truth is pushing it a tad too. I take everything with a grain of salt as it were. No point in setting yourself up.

That is true. I find the distrust to be gender biased...I don't trust women much. I suppose it's because the most traumatic lie told me came from a woman.

I embellish stories now and then but there's no lying going on and no harm can come of it. I tell my grandchildren their art work is great whether it's mediocre or not. I tell people they look good when I really don't think so. Those are not lies...those are inconsequential suspensions of the rules for the sake of happiness, tranquility and development of confidence and friendship.

I've lied many times to many people. Those that I want to forgive me have done so.

The why of the lie is very important.

If you lie to protect your bad behavior you are a scumbag.

If you lie to keep your mother in law from knowing you hate her cooking than you are not trying to harm someone.

There is the Lie and there is the violation of the trust. We all lie at some point. Welcome to the reason for the New Testament. We are not perfect beings, that however is not license to be hurtful, or unfaithful. You learn from experience, get over it, grow from it, and learn to trust but verify. Violation of trust sits very heavy with me and has consequence. It does with most of us.

To cut off every lier is to end up with a circle of none. To cut off hurtful people results in peaceful sleep.

That is true. I find the distrust to be gender biased...I don't trust women much. I suppose it's because the most traumatic lie told me came from a woman.

I embellish stories now and then but there's no lying going on and no harm can come of it. I tell my grandchildren their art work is great whether it's mediocre or not. I tell people they look good when I really don't think so. Those are not lies...those are inconsequential suspensions of the rules for the sake of happiness, tranquility and development of confidence and friendship.

I've lied many times to many people. Those that I want to forgive me have done so.

After 32 years of marriage I learned that when they ask "Do I look fat in this" you never say "YOU BETCHA".

The biggest lie I have ever heard in my life:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

The second biggest lie I have ever heard in my life - usually told just before getting my ass beat by my father:

"This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you."

What about the dreaded "Does this make me look fat?" question?

To lie or not...

I dont trust anybody so I take everything with a grain of salt until I can verify it.

People who cannot trust are often untrustworthy.

However I can see why some are that way.

Get your nuts kicked enough and you soon learn not to trust.

I think that it is also a matter of seeing through your own eyes, your own realization as opposed to being spoon fed. The kind of acceptance you refer to needs to be earned. No offense in validating.

What about the dreaded "Does this make me look fat?" question?

To lie or not...

Tender white lie.

Forum List

Back