People who lie to you

Nobody lies to me (anguille). Cuz that would be wrong (anguille). And I really despise calling people liars when they're just misguided (anguille).

Not that I would EVER know anyone like that.:lol:

ok.

Would we live in a "better world" if people did not lie, or have to lie?

Would you want to live in a world without deceit?

Could you live in a world without deceit or deceivers?
The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution.
- J K Rowling

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.

At least something good came out of it.

We have a commercial running here...a bunch of dudes playing basketball, a Championship basketball game...the ball got knocked out of bounds, the rep called it on going out via the hand of one team, but a player of the other team really knocked it out...and this player FESSED UP and said, "I touched the Ball" and all of his fellow players came down on him, really nasty and hard...saying, what the heck are you doing telling the TRUTH, basically....

But the kid told the truth and stuck by it, even against peer pressure....

Then in the end, the kid's coach told him, that he did the right thing, and thanked him...

and a voice over came on saying something like, "There is more to SPORTS than just winning...."

I was surprised that there had to be a TV commercial/ad TO TEACH young adults that telling the TRUTH was important, more important than winning a Sports game and part of sportsmanship...

Perhaps because we know we all lie, we are giving Lying a break, that it doesn't deserve.... :(

We should always try to strive to tell the truth and should teach our offspring such imo...

I'm glad to here there is an ad like that. My nephew's youth hockey coach told the kids he was going to sneak a kid who had been banned from the next game for fighting on the ice into the next game by having him wear the jersey of another team player. He claimed it was a white lie since the team wasn't contenders of any sort for the championship. So not only did this coach teach the kids that cheating and lying is okay, he taught them that attacking another kid with your hockey stick is okay too.

That is JUST HORRIBLE....is this a teacher as well? Can he be turned in to the principle? What a terrible role model! :(:(:(

Sometimes, I think people here act in the same way....all in the name of Politics....it's sad to see this so acceptable in today's world........? So I guess the cliche of "Honesty, is the Best Policy" is null and void now?

Has the "internets" just made this world of deceit ok?

care

Care it is not just the nets, think about all the poopular sickcoms and such and all the deception going on in them. TV taught us deception is ok.

I'm sure we've all been lied to by people we thought we could trust.

I try to give someone one more chance if they've lied to me, if there is a good reason behind it. But...........if it happens more than once, then it's hard for me to trust them again.

What are your thoughts about being lied to by someone you trust?

I smile and nod, make a mental note, and go about my merry way. Life is short: fuck em running.

Forum List

Back