People who lie to you

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.

I work on the theory that all men are lying SOBs. That way I am never disappointed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,never looked at it that way.

Believe it or not, there are some out there with good character and honor, who would rather jump off a cliff than lie to someone.

Well I'd rather lie than jump off a cliff, or even the roof of my house, or get poked by a sharp stick.

However, I've generally become to lazy to lie.

One of my favorite lies have been those of omission: What people don't know, won't hurt'em.

Whats the actual lie Mud?

The most recent and obvious one that comes to mind is their claims of Transparency.

Yeap they took the easy way out on that one but is that why you hated Obama from day one?

You saw into the future that he would not keep this promise?

Where is all the lies ( you know plural) that you guys always claim?

Obama told some whoppers during the campaign. Even the other Democrats were making fun of him. He just wasn't realistic in what he said he could do.

I didn't trust Obama once I started looking into his background before he won the nomination.

I used to think he was a nice guy.... that Hillary was making up lies about him. Turns out he has a worse past then Hillary. I almost feel sorry for Hillary right now......almost.

Last edited:
I used to think he was a nice guy.... hthat Hillary was making up lies about him. Turns out he has a worse past then Hillary. I almost feel sorry for Hillary right now......almost.

I thought making outrageous promises was the function of every politician.

I used to think he was a nice guy.... hthat Hillary was making up lies about him. Turns out he has a worse past then Hillary. I almost feel sorry for Hillary right now......almost.

Seems that's what people want.....at least those on the left.

Tell me this....if they tell bigger and bigger lies does it make you want to vote for them more and more.

Seems that's what people want.....at least those on the left.

Tell me this....if they tell bigger and bigger lies does it make you want to vote for them more and more.

McCain Lost.

Mud, do you REALLY WANT the TRUTH?

Would you vote for a guy that said something like: "Hey, I wanna be President. I really won't have much power to change anything about your lives, but I promise not to interrupt you regularly scheduled TV programs with a lot of long boring speechs."

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.

I work on the theory that all men are lying SOBs. That way I am never disappointed.

No, not all men are liars or SOBs. There are some whose word I would trust with my life without question - even if they tell me my ass doesn't look big in "this" when I know damn well it does. :lol:

But I remember a time when I felt like you do. Hope you can say the same one day!

No, not all men are liars or SOBs. There are some whose word I would trust with my life without question - even if they tell me my ass doesn't look big in "this" when I know damn well it does. :lol:

But I remember a time when I felt like you do. Hope you can say the same one day!

I have no interest in being able to say the same. I'm not some airhead who believes in that crap. If you do, that's your choice. I prefer not to.

What were some of his lies?

One strike and you're out. Trick me once, your fault...trick me twice, my fault.

If you tell one lie to a friend, you will tell another. Once you lie, you are a liar. Telling lie's is never a good thing to do....unless of course it's the wife asking if the dress makes her look fat! :lol:

Hey asaratis, the trick me once line is close but this is the real saying.:razz:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovQj9vNq8I&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovQj9vNq8I&feature=related[/ame]

I would still rather Bush than Osamaba.

That's true. Some people are just liars. Period. They can't seem to tell the truth even when the truth would work better than a lie. I knew a guy like that once who was from Ireland and was a charming as anyone could imagine.

It became obvious that he was lying SOB pretty quick, but there was not a person on Earth more fun to have a beer with. As long as you know what the source is and what the statement is worth, being around a liar's not so bad. Don't expect that loan to be paid back or depend on him for an appointment.

He never gained my trust in big things. That would be a swindle and would be very bad. I had been burned before, though, and didn't expect much from those around me beyond a laugh and beer.

Now, I'm just too old and tired to waste my time on guys like that.

I'm sure we've all been lied to by people we thought we could trust.

I try to give someone one more chance if they've lied to me, if there is a good reason behind it. But...........if it happens more than once, then it's hard for me to trust them again.

What are your thoughts about being lied to by someone you trust?
I think Shakespeare said it best:

Trust not him that hath once broken faith; he who betrayed thee once, will betray thee again.
- Shakespeare.

Forum List

Back