People who lie to you

I dont trust anybody so I take everything with a grain of salt until I can verify it.

People who cannot trust are often untrustworthy.

However I can see why some are that way.

Get your nuts kicked enough and you soon learn not to trust.

I am the most honest person you might ever meet(if we ever actually met) I grew up with a junkie for an older brother and junkies and con men and thieves all around me, you tend to not trust people and see lies coming from miles away in such an environment.

The biggest lie I have ever heard in my life:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

The second biggest lie I have ever heard in my life - usually told just before getting my ass beat by my father:

"This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you."

One of the biggest lies I've heard lately is "The health care bill negotiations are gonna be broadcast on CSPAN".

I'm sure we've all been lied to by people we thought we could trust.

I try to give someone one more chance if they've lied to me, if there is a good reason behind it. But...........if it happens more than once, then it's hard for me to trust them again.

What are your thoughts about being lied to by someone you trust?

What about the dreaded "Does this make me look fat?" question?

To lie or not...

Dude....not....

There are lies of omission and lies of commission; white lies and mean spirited lies, hateful lies and self serving lies. All lies betray trust, but the unassailable truth about a lie, it can in a moment destroy the credibility of its author for ever.
See Colin Powell and his moment before the UN for evidence.

I trust first and when I spot a lie then I stop trusting.

I have told car salesmen that and they always lie to me at Some point.

I still will tell the next one the same.

You never know who is going to be dishonest until they actually lie.

There are lies of omission and lies of commission; white lies and mean spirited lies, hateful lies and self serving lies. All lies betray trust, but the unassailable truth about a lie, it can in a moment destroy the credibility of its author for ever.

See Obama and the Democrats for a more recent example.

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.
That is true. I find the distrust to be gender biased...I don't trust women much. I suppose it's because the most traumatic lie told me came from a woman.

I embellish stories now and then but there's no lying going on and no harm can come of it. I tell my grandchildren their art work is great whether it's mediocre or not. I tell people they look good when I really don't think so. Those are not lies...those are inconsequential suspensions of the rules for the sake of happiness, tranquility and development of confidence and friendship.

I've lied many times to many people. Those that I want to forgive me have done so.

After 32 years of marriage I learned that when they ask "Do I look fat in this" you never say "YOU BETCHA".

Nor do you volunteer any further information such as "No it is the extra 100 lbs that does it".

See most of your posts for prime examples.

I was married to the world's biggest liar. I didn't find out about all of the lies until after I was married and had a little baby, but then I said, "Enough!" and left his lying ass.

Being lied to by someone you THOUGHT you could trust with your life is the worst. And it's hard to trust others again.

I work on the theory that all men are lying SOBs. That way I am never disappointed.

See most of your posts for prime examples.

See all of yours for confirmation.

I work on the theory that all men are lying SOBs. That way I am never disappointed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,never looked at it that way.

Believe it or not, there are some out there with good character and honor, who would rather jump off a cliff than lie to someone.

Some women [not you] make it next to impossible for a man to be 100% honest with them.

Maybe it's because some of them [not you] aren't realistic.

Forum List

Back