People getting fired

[Q
Good question in court. In the public arena? Not so much. I'm going to address this further in the next post

So we grant the Gestapo press the power to destroy anyone at any time for any reason they choose?

Are you sure you've thought this through?

Who exactly is being destroyed by this 'Gestapo'?

The system which the left has put into place is any accusation made is picked up by the leftist press and used to destroy the career and lives of the accused, regardless of evidence. Because the leftist press is irresponsible and without a shred of integrity, no vetting of accusations ever occurs.

I find two ex-wives and one ex-girlfriend telling the same story to be evidence.

What's unfortunate is how this standard by the media is only for one party while Democrats are held to no standard[/QUOTE]

Trump was accused of all sorts of things and got elected president.[/QUOTE]
And public opinion said he wasn’t guilty. Isn’t that the leftist new policy public opinion rules no matter what facts are? Why are you still talking about it?

The system which the left has put into place is any accusation made is picked up by the leftist press and used to destroy the career and lives of the accused, regardless of evidence. Because the leftist press is irresponsible and without a shred of integrity, no vetting of accusations ever occurs.

I find two ex-wives and one ex-girlfriend telling the same story to be evidence. We're talking about whether he should be in the White House. Jail is a different discussion.

What's unfortunate is how this standard by the media is only for one party while Democrats are held to no standard.

Franken would still be in the US Senate other than that he botched his handling of the accusations. All he had to do was hunker down and ride it out, and he didn't. He seemed to grasp that at the end, but he couldn't undo what he'd already said
So you never argued with your significant other? Interesting

How do you possibly get that out of my post?

I find two ex-wives and one ex-girlfriend telling the same story to be evidence. We're talking about whether he should be in the White House. Jail is a different discussion.

What's unfortunate is how this standard by the media is only for one party while Democrats are held to no standard.

Franken would still be in the US Senate other than that he botched his handling of the accusations. All he had to do was hunker down and ride it out, and he didn't. He seemed to grasp that at the end, but he couldn't undo what he'd already said

Franken had pictures of him groping a women - he was in the act. Quite a different situation.

Porter was forced to resign not because the evidence was compelling, but because the Gestapo press could use it as a club to harm the administration.

We have become a nation governed by demagoguery - it is a dangerous proposition. There are no safeguards against this, it is the Salem witch trials on a national level.

You said if two wives and a girl friend said so it must be true. I asked if you never argued with your significant other. If you do, then you are as guilty as him. That’s the slippery slope you’re on

Franken had pictures of him groping a women - he was in the act. Quite a different situation.

Porter was forced to resign not because the evidence was compelling, but because the Gestapo press could use it as a club to harm the administration.

We have become a nation governed by demagoguery - it is a dangerous proposition. There are no safeguards against this, it is the Salem witch trials on a national level.
They are on a slippery slope

Just want to be sure you realize your point on Frankin supports my point, it doesn't contradict it. Frankin was a Democrat and the press was protecting him. If he'd simply ridden it out a little longer, the story would have been gone.

The press only reported on the Rice / Slick meeting for 12 days. Frankin wasn't a politician and didn't know how to play the game.

I find three accusers to be sufficient to believe that the guy is at a minimum verbally abusive to his partners, which sickens me. I just want Democrats held to the same standard. And they are held to no standard by Democrats.

The particularly pathetic ones are the ones like Coyote, OldLady and Bodecea who claim to support women, yet only support leftist women and hang the rest out to dry. They do support on the other hand leftist men.

The thing is that there's actual abuse out there, and they are protecting them by turning all accusations into a left/right issue.

I look at Porter and ask if I believe him. His party isn't part of that question. And the answer is no, I don't believe him. Just like I didn't believe Frankin

You said if two wives and a girl friend said so it must be true. I asked if you never argued with your significant other. If you do, then you are as guilty as him. That’s the slippery slope you’re on

You think the issue is people think Porter "argued with" his wives and girlfriend? Seriously? That's what you are getting out of the discussion?

Just want to be sure you realize your point on Frankin supports my point, it doesn't contradict it. Frankin was a Democrat and the press was protecting him. If he'd simply ridden it out a little longer, the story would have been gone.

The press only reported on the Rice / Slick meeting for 12 days. Frankin wasn't a politician and didn't know how to play the game.

I find three accusers to be sufficient to believe that the guy is at a minimum verbally abusive to his partners, which sickens me. I just want Democrats held to the same standard. And they are held to no standard by Democrats.

The particularly pathetic ones are the ones like Coyote, OldLady and Bodecea who claim to support women, yet only support leftist women and hang the rest out to dry. They do support on the other hand leftist men.

The thing is that there's actual abuse out there, and they are protecting them by turning all accusations into a left/right issue.

I look at Porter and ask if I believe him. His party isn't part of that question. And the answer is no, I don't believe him. Just like I didn't believe Frankin
You saw what fraken did. You didn’t see what porter did. Two totally different situations. Again, you’ve never had an argument? If you did, you are no different than porter

You saw what fraken did. You didn’t see what porter did. Two totally different situations. Again, you’ve never had an argument? If you did, you are no different than porter

No one is criticizing Porter because they think he had an argument with anyone. That's what you thought was the issue?

And we're discussing White House jobs, we're not discussing criminal proceedings. Not even civil proceedings

You're intentionally missing the point.
Rather than crying over spilt milk, accept that sometimes you have to make a decision on your own.

What does this have to do with the topic? The OP stated that due process should be ended, that an accusation is all the proof of guilt that is ever needed. You agree with that, I do not.
My point is that a man with credible accusations of domestic violence against him was working in the WH for a year while it was being "investigated" or "ignored," depending on who you listen to. There IS no court of law decision to rely on, so what does the administration do? You SEEM to be saying, if there is no court decision and there is no hope of one, just ignore the allegations, credible or not.
No, I don't agree with that.

it is the Salem witch trials on a national level.
You can't fairly lump together every allegation of sexual harassment or domestic violence as a "witch hunt." Listen to both sides and feel fortunate if you don't have to make the decision on ending a man's job, possibly career.

Yeah, Franken had a photo because HE HAD IT TAKEN. It was meant as a (very bad) joke.
I'd like to remind, you, too, that the Almighty Courts that you keep crying for to make these decisions for you are the ones who sent those witches in Salem to their graves. Courts aren't everything.

You can't fairly lump together every allegation of sexual harassment or domestic violence as a "witch hunt." Listen to both sides and feel fortunate if you don't have to make the decision on ending a man's job, possibly career.

Here's you defefending that Frankin doesn't need to resign.

I voted yes because he annoys me and always has, plus he's not funny and hey the guy is a pervert.

..POLL: Should U.S. Senator Al Franken resign?

Yes, Franken must go. By Mich McConnel’s non standard as demonstrated by his stance on Roy Moore. Frankin must go.if he stays then Moore gets to stay.
The allegations are not remotely equivalent, so why would the decision be?

That's odd for someone who isn't a Democrat, switching sides when the parties switched. BTW, there were no pictures of Moore groping people in their sleep.

Should they go?

Moore
kaz- yes
oldlady - yes

Frankin
kaz - yes
oldlady - no

Porter
kaz - yes
oldlady - yes

And I said you were driven by party. Nailed it ...

Yeah, Franken had a photo because HE HAD IT TAKEN. It was meant as a (very bad) joke.
I'd like to remind, you, too, that the Almighty Courts that you keep crying for to make these decisions for you are the ones who sent those witches in Salem to their graves. Courts aren't everything.

So a guy says hey, let me grope this woman in her sleep. I call that sexual assault. You call that "a very bad joke." Oh, and you're angry at the idea anyone would ask how you disagree with Democrats, what an unreasonable question to even ask you.

Why do you hate women so much that you would actually defend a woman who was sexually assaulted by calling it a "very bad joke" instead of what it was, a sexual assault?

Would you say that about your daughter? Oh, it's OK dear. Yes, it was a "very bad joke," that's all. He even posed for the the photo of groping you. He's only guilty of a bad sense of humor. I'm capitalizing that because it's so important to the point that he didn't do anything really wrong, just in poor taste.

I'd be calling the police.

You'd switch to talking Porter and since we switched parties, you'd switch sides

Last edited:

There never are "both sides."

The Gestapo press are demagogues, they don't present "both sides."

It was meant to humiliate his victim.

The courts of Salem, like the "court of public opinion" depended on accusations and public reaction, not on evidence or fact.

It was meant to humiliate his victim.

The courts of Salem, like the "court of public opinion" depended on accusations and public reaction, not on evidence or fact.

Bitch turned him down. It was payback.

The idea that a woman would defend a sexual assault by calling it a "very bad joke" is just staggering to me. Yes, I know Democrats all do that. Still, I can't get over when they actually do it.

Porter, OldLady says no mercy. Frankin. Oh, it was a joke. But there was the stinging rebuke that it was a "very bad" joke.

He groped the woman in her sleep. How can any so called "liberal" rationalize that? Unbelievable

Last edited:

You think the issue is people think Porter "argued with" his wives and girlfriend? Seriously? That's what you are getting out of the discussion?
So you won’t answer . That happens a lot in here

Forum List

Back