People are poor because (not what the Leftists tell you).

Three Simple Rules Poor Teens Should Follow to Join the Middle Class

It has nothing to do with oppression, race, religion, etc.

Follow three simple rules and you will not be poor:

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#3) Don't become a single parent.

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

I welcome all your thoughts. Even the crazy Leftist ones.
To an extent you are correct

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace
Join the military and they pay for college
Many, many poor people join the military
Most end up in their old neighborhood with no job prospects when they get out
The mistake they made was going back to the old neighborhood they joined the military to get away from

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It happens
You go back to your friends and family after you get out
So if you go back the shitty neighborhood what do you think will change?

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

And so the right pushes to ban abortions... states with strongest anti abortion laws have most unwed mothers. Ouch.
That would not surprise me a bit. Is it true? Would not feel pissed or slighted with a yes or no from somebody, but would rather have citation or link.
https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/02/mapping-unwed-motherhood/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d-which-are-enacting-protections/?arc404=true
Thanks for the links. Read them both. I have just been pissed off on another thread for awhile. Abortion is quite often a bad idea, the least of which being the supposedly Christian ethic of people not directly involved at the time. I don't like it, but I think the government should keep their nose out of it, not funding it, but not enforcing draconian measures as a one size penis fits all.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

And so the right pushes to ban abortions... states with strongest anti abortion laws have most unwed mothers. Ouch.
Cite a source, please. You can't just say shit, you've got to cite a source.
Already done, read the thread.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

That would not surprise me a bit. Is it true? Would not feel pissed or slighted with a yes or no from somebody, but would rather have citation or link.
Mapping Unwed Motherhood
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d-which-are-enacting-protections/?arc404=true
Thanks for the links. Read them both. I have just been pissed off on another thread for awhile. Abortion is quite often a bad idea, the least of which being the supposedly Christian ethic of people not directly involved at the time. I don't like it, but I think the government should keep their nose out of it, not funding it, but not enforcing draconian measures as a one size penis fits all.
That's about where I am at. It should be avoided as much as possible, but the reality is young people do dumb things and no birth control is 100% effective. I go small government on this one and think they should just stay out of it.

To an extent you are correct

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace
The mistake they made was going back to the old neighborhood they joined the military to get away from

It happens
Point is there is a map to get out and all one needs to do is follow it.
Easy to say

It happens
Easy to say
Again my parents came here with $100 and didn’t speak the language. Anything is possible. Don’t be such a sally.

It happens
Easy to say
Again my parents came here with $100 and didn’t speak the language. Anything is possible. Don’t be such a sally.
There is a map, but the road is much harder depending on who you are. Sure it's possible, but its getting harder and harder....

It happens
Easy to say
I'd guess it was a very different country then. Sure is different just from when I was a kid.

It happens
Easy to say
There is a map, but the road is much harder depending on who you are. Sure it's possible, but its getting harder and harder....
Depends on what you want. First generation labor through and maybe have one kid. Next generation the kid goes to college and third generation they are wealthy. It doesn’t happen over night.

It happens
Easy to say
I'd guess it was a very different country then. Sure is different just from when I was a kid.
It was 40 yrs ago not 100. Funny you support small government when it comes to abortion but you support big govt when it comes to minimal wage. I consistently say stay the F out.

It happens
Easy to say
White?

It happens
Easy to say
White?
Yes. Jews from the old Soviet Union. Doesn’t mean their road was easy. Don’t dismiss their struggles. The language barrier is difficult to overcome.

It happens
Easy to say
It was 40 yrs ago not 100. Funny you support small government when it comes to abortion but you support big govt when it comes to minimal wage. I consistently say stay the F out.
When did I say that I support minimum wage? I want to see changes so we have good capitalism again. We need to throw out non competes and do something about all these near monopolies we have. We need to get rid of right to work and unions need to strengthen again. We need to end all this corporate welfare and cronyism. We sure don't need the government meddling around with trade.

Easy to say
When did I say that I support minimum wage? I want to see changes so we have good capitalism again. We need to throw out non competes and do something about all these near monopolies we have. We need to get rid of right to work and unions need to strengthen again. We need to end all this corporate welfare and cronyism. We sure don't need the government meddling around with trade.
Unions are part of the problem not the solution

Easy to say
Worker wages, benefits and job security have diminished since the demise of unions

Worker wages, benefits and job security have diminished since the demise of unions
Unions were not all positive they created a lot of issues too.

Yes they did

But workers were better off with strong unions

Yes they did

But workers were better off with strong unions
Some not all. Example: A restaurant was being built in Boston and the CFO went non union because it was cheaper. Union protested by blocking and distracting but using the union would have cost the owner 2x the amount. Crazy. Unions aren’t all great.

Easy to say
Yeah and that's how we got here. The republican war on good paying jobs. Remember when repubs told us about how great it would be when unions were gone? Well they are mostly gone and it sucks.

Forum List

Back