People are poor because (not what the Leftists tell you).

Three Simple Rules Poor Teens Should Follow to Join the Middle Class

It has nothing to do with oppression, race, religion, etc.

Follow three simple rules and you will not be poor:

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#3) Don't become a single parent.

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

I welcome all your thoughts. Even the crazy Leftist ones.

What other Country would you rather be poor?

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

And so the right pushes to ban abortions... states with strongest anti abortion laws have most unwed mothers. Ouch.
That would not surprise me a bit. Is it true? Would not feel pissed or slighted with a yes or no from somebody, but would rather have citation or link.
https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/02/mapping-unwed-motherhood/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...d-which-are-enacting-protections/?arc404=true

Join the military and they pay for college
Many, many poor people join the military
Most end up in their old neighborhood with no job prospects when they get out

I'm guessing that you just made that up, based on nothing but the fact it gave you a chance to put down the military and America.
Sad, but true
The jobs and careers are not there for ex military

They used to be

Really? Cause the ex-military I know, are doing pretty well for themselves. And the number of times that it would have benefited me, to have those points....

You are just assuming what you said, because it fits with your general negativity about America, did you not?

Veterans Struggle to Find the Right Fit in a Tight Job Market
Your article says that unemployment rate is better for veterans than Americans in general? You just literally contradicted yourself.

abortion was never meant to be used as birth control.

It's far easier and safer to take steps to not become pregnant in the first place
That’s true, but no birth control is 100% effective.

So she uses contraception and he uses contraception

And then what are the odds of getting pregnant?
Haha. Good luck trusting the guy on that.

LOL....you think a guy in the ghetto wants to be tied down with a kid and have child payments for those kids?
You're a fuken dumbass.
You are pretty dumb if you think most guys are paying those child payments. If that was the case we'd have a lot less unwed mothers.

Again. You're a complete dumbass,or you live in a blue state which I guess is the same thing.
Here in Texas they'll hang your ass out to dry if you dont pay child support....ask my dumbass brother.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

And so the right pushes to ban abortions... states with strongest anti abortion laws have most unwed mothers. Ouch.
That would not surprise me a bit. Is it true? Would not feel pissed or slighted with a yes or no from somebody, but would rather have citation or link.

apparently it is true

Stats of the States - Births to Unmarried Mothers

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Inane sophistry – as naïve as it is ridiculous.

Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – a fact rightwing simpletons clearly don’t understand.

"Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – "

agreed

but

however

I contend....

ONE reason we have so much poverty is because we have so many jobs BELOW the poverty level!

If you are a CEO

but all the CEO jobs are taken

and they have their buddies in all the top level exec positions so there is no place for you...

so you go to an employment agency and find the only jobs available are delivering pizzas or car parts.....

hello poverty!
You’re just babbling. What do you do for work?

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – a fact rightwing simpletons clearly don’t understand.

"Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – "

agreed

but

however

I contend....

ONE reason we have so much poverty is because we have so many jobs BELOW the poverty level!

If you are a CEO

and they have their buddies in all the top level exec positions so there is no place for you...

so you go to an employment agency and find the only jobs available are delivering pizzas or car parts.....

hello poverty!

ha ha ha

I imagine that's what a monkey thinks when a superior human is talking to him.

I'm truly sorry you are not intelligent enough to understand my intelligent reply.

but not surprised.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

agreed

but

however

I contend....

If you are a CEO

hello poverty!

ha ha ha

I imagine that's what a monkey thinks when a superior human is talking to him.

I'm truly sorry you are not intelligent enough to understand my intelligent reply.

but not surprised.
Opinions vary. Why dodge the question? What do you do for work. I can easily find laborers job in New England making $15/hr and that’s before OT. So I ask again what do you do for work?

Lot of 'em hiding out in construction, waiting for that 'big break' Joe

One particular young man, who was well built for it , slipped around me with a few ten $$$ words on a job

Inquiring he reveled sheepishly to me that he had a degree, and was waiting for his 'dream job' as a librarian

I heard through his Dad (also const wrkr) that he finally got it

Point? i don't dump on the kids , just see them living in a different world than i grew up in, w/different problems

I'm not dumping on the kids, so much as pointing out that we've created a situation where we tell them to get degrees and better themselves... and in a lot of cases, that never comes. Which would be bad enough, except now we expect them to spend enough money to buy a couple of brand new cars in the process.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

To an extent you are correct

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace
The mistake they made was going back to the old neighborhood they joined the military to get away from

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

abortion was never meant to be used as birth control.

It's far easier and safer to take steps to not become pregnant in the first place
That’s true, but no birth control is 100% effective.

So she uses contraception and he uses contraception

And then what are the odds of getting pregnant?
Haha. Good luck trusting the guy on that.

LOL....you think a guy in the ghetto wants to be tied down with a kid and have child payments for those kids?
You're a fuken dumbass.
You are pretty dumb if you think most guys are paying those child payments. If that was the case we'd have a lot less unwed mothers.
Child support orders have nothing to do with the marital status of the parents

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Cite a source, please. You can't just say shit, you've got to cite a source.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace

I am under the impression that lots of low end, low paying jobs exist.

If I graduate from high school but can't afford college
so I get a job (low paying)
I'm only going to be making 8-12 an hour
for LESS than 40 hours (by todays method)

call it 36 hours at $10.per....

360 a week.....minus 60 for taxes and crap

300 X 4 = 1200 a month

rents start at 1000....
gotta eat
lights
heat
cell phone

sounds like a whole lot of no fun!

And ya still can't afford education
so you will never rise much higher than you are
which means for your whole life you'll be making less than what you need to get married and raise a family

bleak
And all the while that you endure that grind you feel like it will never change...which leads to substance abuse and poor decisions

Quite a circle

Wtf are you talking about? Don’t hijack the thread. No wonder you’re childless.

Because I never wanted kids?

Anyway... just because you didn't understand the point doesn't mean it's not there.
Yeah. Likely story. The universe didn’t want you reproducing. Thankfully. You’re going to die a lonely old man and soon. Good riddance.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

I am under the impression that lots of low end, low paying jobs exist.

If I graduate from high school but can't afford college
so I get a job (low paying)
I'm only going to be making 8-12 an hour
for LESS than 40 hours (by todays method)

call it 36 hours at $10.per....

360 a week.....minus 60 for taxes and crap

300 X 4 = 1200 a month

rents start at 1000....
gotta eat
lights
heat
cell phone

sounds like a whole lot of no fun!

And ya still can't afford education
so you will never rise much higher than you are
which means for your whole life you'll be making less than what you need to get married and raise a family

bleak
And all the while that you endure that grind you feel like it will never change...which leads to substance abuse and poor decisions

Quite a circle
Wrong again Herr Lesh.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

The mistake they made was going back to the old neighborhood they joined the military to get away from

It happens
You go back to your friends and family after you get out

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

It happens
You go back to your friends and family after you get out
Point is there is a map to get out and all one needs to do is follow it.

Forum List

Back