Penn State: Removing 9 ft statue of beloved coach.

Sorry bout that,

I haven't seen the evidence but from the way they are acting it is like Paterno raped those boys.

I don't disagree with what they are doing. It is sad that a man's life-long work is being erased from the program that he built from scratch.
However - he admitted to knowing his assistant was molesting children...and kept him on because he did good work. That was a H_U_G_E moral mistake that cannot be ignored. Unforgivable.

Paterno....a great and successful coach. Paterno, might have had that opportunity, had he been forthright and truthful. Had he reported all he knew, he might have been able to build his winning career but it would have been on a truth and not a lie. Then statue, stays

Meanwhile:

Statue...down. Joe, you sold out your integrity and lost your nobility. There is always a price. May you rest in peace. Your conscious killed yourself.

1. No sweetness, not you too,:confused:.....you can't pretend to know him that well, he reported it, thats all he had to do, and he did it.
2. Nothing else should of been required, the Penn State Administration failed to act, its that simple, they fumbled the ball, to use a football term.
3. Joe has been improperly wronged, and has had his named dragged through the mud, his integrity is intact sweetness, never doubt me.
4. This man's name shall be cleared up, and those who have abused his name shall feel the excrement flow towards them.
5. It won't take long before this whole thing backs up into their plates.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
On this thread an ultra-Conservative is mad at Liberals for trying too hard to assure justice for the little kids that got raped, and on another thread(s) we've got another ultra-Conservative mad at us for promoting the abuse of women and being baby-killers.

Not surprisingly, both CWN and KG are complete dishonest assholes when it comes to admitting they were wrong. :dunno:

Gee Bob, everybody's out of step but you, huh. :rolleyes:

Do you agree with CWN here?
I'm with the 44,000 students at Penn State that are being humiliated by an over-zealous NCAA. There is only one criminal here, and he's a pedophile who snookered everybody else, betraying students, his coach, other members of the staff he was on, the University, the University Board, the NCAA, and the whole nine yards.

The way I see it Joe Paterno was in a Catch-22. If he squealed, he knew it would hurt 44,000 students. If he murdered the pedophile, they'd throw him in prison. Meanwhile, he was just trying to do his job as well as he could, and he did. He didn't do the crime and may not have known the extent of it as pedophiles are very crafty human beings with a sociopathic outlook and will use any promise, excuse, or crime to convince others they have stopped their behavior as they put their bible on the seat in the limousine on Sunday after church on the way to Monica's apartment.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

I don't disagree with what they are doing. It is sad that a man's life-long work is being erased from the program that he built from scratch.
However - he admitted to knowing his assistant was molesting children...and kept him on because he did good work. That was a H_U_G_E moral mistake that cannot be ignored. Unforgivable.

Paterno....a great and successful coach. Paterno, might have had that opportunity, had he been forthright and truthful. Had he reported all he knew, he might have been able to build his winning career but it would have been on a truth and not a lie. Then statue, stays

Meanwhile:

Statue...down. Joe, you sold out your integrity and lost your nobility. There is always a price. May you rest in peace. Your conscious killed yourself.

1. No sweetness, not you too,:confused:.....you can't pretend to know him that well, he reported it, thats all he had to do, and he did it.
2. Nothing else should of been required, the Penn State Administration failed to act, it that simple, the fumbled the ball, to use a football term.
3. Joe has been improperly wronged, and has had his named dragged through the mud, his integrity is intact sweetness, never doubt me.
4. This man's name shall be cleared up, and those who and abused his name shall feel the excrement flow towards them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

^ Thinks it's just fine if you've reported a sexual predator and he's still out there, because hey, you reported it. :thup:

Gee Bob, everybody's out of step but you, huh. :rolleyes:

I'm with the 44,000 students at Penn State that are being humiliated by an over-zealous NCAA. There is only one criminal here, and he's a pedophile who snookered everybody else, betraying students, his coach, other members of the staff he was on, the University, the University Board, the NCAA, and the whole nine yards.

The way I see it Joe Paterno was in a Catch-22. If he squealed, he knew it would hurt 44,000 students. If he murdered the pedophile, they'd throw him in prison. Meanwhile, he was just trying to do his job as well as he could, and he did. He didn't do the crime and may not have known the extent of it as pedophiles are very crafty human beings with a sociopathic outlook and will use any promise, excuse, or crime to convince others they have stopped their behavior as they put their bible on the seat in the limousine on Sunday after church on the way to Monica's apartment.

There's really only one "right" thing to do when one of the facets to the story is stopping a sexual predator....it's mind-numbing that this has to be explained.

There's no catch-22, the kid is molesting children in the shower. If he had exposed Sandusky from the start like someone should have, this whole thing could have been more or less avoided. Instead he took the wrong path.

It's pathetic that people are sticking up for this behavior.

Sorry bout that,

Meanwhile:

2. Nothing else should of been required, the Penn State Administration failed to act, it that simple, the fumbled the ball, to use a football term.
4. This man's name shall be cleared up, and those who and abused his name shall feel the excrement flow towards them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Thank you Sir James. I hope you are right and I am wrong. I want so badly to see his image restored but only if he is deserving. :)

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

He knew. I don't see how you could argue against his own testimony under oath. :thup:

How this was handled so 'in-house' without notifying any law enforcement is just one of the sick twists to story.

1. Its right there in red, he reported it to the proper school authorities, the Penn State administration fucked up, and didn't take action, so instead of taking *full responsibility* they shifted the blame back to *Joe*, which is just like a bunch of fucking liberal *****!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

A guy's diddling boys in the shower and all you do is report it to your superior?

Seeing as nothing obviously was done about it for nearly ten years, don't you feel someone should have done the proper thing, notify law enforcement?

HELLO? Are you retarded? :dunno:

1. There is a *chain of command* and all educational systems have them.
2. He followed procedure, when he reported it to the main office, he did his job in this matter.
3. They failed to follow up, the administration, and then when it blew up in their faces the first time, they immediately threw *Joe* under the bus.
4. Thats the truth.
5. And the truth is, this administration has sacrificed *Joe's* good name so they may remain.
6. Brings to mind another good man who was wronged and made to die for the sins of others, I think *Joe* should be put up for *Saint Hood*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Again it's just incredible that people like, now let's say freedombecki, will fight to the death for something that is less than handful of cells, but is willing to overlook Paterno's lack of action in regards to young teens, born and living, getting raped.

Just ironic is all. :dunno:

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Its right there in red, he reported it to the proper school authorities, the Penn State administration fucked up, and didn't take action, so instead of taking *full responsibility* they shifted the blame back to *Joe*, which is just like a bunch of fucking liberal *****!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

A guy's diddling boys in the shower and all you do is report it to your superior?

Seeing as nothing obviously was done about it for nearly ten years, don't you feel someone should have done the proper thing, notify law enforcement?

HELLO? Are you retarded? :dunno:

1. There is a *chain of command* and all educational systems have them.
2. He followed procedure, when he reported it to the main office, he did his job in this matter.
3. They failed to follow up, the administration, and then when it blew up in their faces the first time, they immediately threw *Joe* under the bus.
4. Thats the truth.
5. And the truth is, this administration has sacrificed *Joe's* good name so they may remain.
6. Brings to mind another good man who was wronged and made to die for the sins of others, I think *Joe* should be put up for *Saint Hood*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Paterno could have brought this all out to light back in the late 90's, and it would have done nothing but make him look like a hero.

Are you that much of a coward that you'd knowingly turn a blind eye to a report from a staff member about a coach molesting a boy in the shower? That reporting it to your superior is adequate, even is nothing is ever done about it? Paterno certainly was...he was more worried about his and the school's legacy.

There's really only one "right" thing to do when one of the facets to the story is stopping a sexual predator....it's mind-numbing that this has to be explained.

There's no catch-22, the kid is molesting children in the shower. If he had exposed Sandusky from the start like someone should have, this whole thing could have been more or less avoided. Instead he took the wrong path.

It's pathetic that people are sticking up for this behavior.
I'm not sticking up for his behavior. I merely showed you his options. He did his life, not some poster on a message board a year after he died.

I hate rapists and pedophiles far more than you, bobcollum. Don't you tell me I'm sticking up for somebody. I don't know the details, but I don't think Mr. Paterno was in very good health, what medications he was taking that interfered with his reasoning nor the load of demands and expectations he endured as head coach in a school that is larger than many cities where people don't know each other any more.

I am privy to what coaches go through, though.

If you think people put pressure on coaches, you should see what they would do to umpires if there weren't cops around to stop them.

But I think fireballing punitive measures onto the heads of 44,000 impressionable young men and women for the sins of one sociopath is way over the top.
Deal with the sociopath. Don't destroy 44,000 students and the accompanying faculty, who may be guilty of nothing. They didn't do anything. It's an outrage to punish people who are innocent of a crime they did not commit, nor even know about for that matter.

Again it's just incredible that people like, now let's say freedombecki, will fight to the death for something that is less than handful of cells, but is willing to overlook Paterno's lack of action in regards to young teens, born and living, getting raped.

bobcollum, I do not know and am not privy to knowing what Paterno did or didn't do, what he knew, when he knew it, nothing. I do know he committed no act of pedophilia, that was his assistant coach.

You're hitting watermelons all over the room with a sledge and a broad brush. Are you having fun yet? :rolleyes:

You've got nothing but shitty excuses freedombecki, it's pretty ridiculous.

How exactly are they destroying the students and faculty?

if my kid went to penn state, i'd pull him/her out.

they're sick people, and the only thing i can think of that's sicker is defending them.

You're throwing haymakers in the air, bobcollum.

The NCAA has put restrictions on the student body of 44,000 impressionable students from engaging in competitive sports to win with other schools in the NCAA.

Why don't they just take a goddamned match to the whole school and burn it to the ground to get even with the assistant coach.

You see, this isn't about anything but a pedophile's wrongdoing. Those students have suffered enough degradation. Four more years of degradation? What did one of those 44,000 students do to deserve that? Will you tell me, because I do not know.

bobcollum, I do not know and am not privy to knowing what Paterno did or didn't do, what he knew, when he knew it, nothing. I do know he committed no act of pedophilia, that was his assistant coach.

You're hitting watermelons all over the room with a sledge and a broad brush. Are you having fun yet? :rolleyes:

The problem is that you're mistaking what he's being punished for.

Nobody has ever stated that he was a pedophile, or that he committed any of those acts.

He's merely complicit in the fact that he had knowledge of their occurrences and only reported it to his superior, which as I've said is the bare-minimum thing you could do in this situation. It equates to covering your own ass. There's more info than that as well, I'd suggest reading the Freeh report.

To say that he should be cleared of any complicity because he reported it to his supervisor, which is CWN's shitty point, is a scary thought. It should be to you as well.

He knew it was happening and he knew nothing was being done about it. He's was Joe Paterno, don't tell me he didn't have knowledge of whatever he wanted on that campus.

Sorry bout that,

1. I understand this investigation isn't over, when the whole truth comes out, I will be standing here, standing, standing and laughing at those who attempted to make this whole thing *Joe's* responsibility.
2. When heads begin to roll, I will be standing and watching and laughing at them heads, a rolling and tumbling down the street.
3. Its a metaphor.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

paterno knew and did nothing. he was a criminal.

you're not reading the report doesn't change the facts.

Sorry bout that,

if my kid went to penn state, i'd pull him/her out.

they're sick people, and the only thing i can think of that's sicker is defending them.

1. Not a bad idea now, if the whole student faculty walked, that would end the need of a fucked up administration who has rail roaded *Joe*
2. The last student to leave should lock the doors. :badgrin:
3. Del, thats about as close of agreement we will ever likely have, celebrate it dude,lol!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

paterno knew and did nothing. he was a criminal.

you're not reading the report doesn't change the facts.

1. I never read the report, wasn't it the administrations guy who wrote it?????
2. I wonder why it turned out so fucked up for *Joe* huh??/
3. Hummm,........

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Football is a game.

Raping kids is just wrong all the way around.

I think the NCAA left the door open on this one by not using the death penalty.

Forum List

Back