Pelosi: Health Care 'Public Option' needs New Name....Orwell Lives!

snowe-epic-fail.jpg

I suppose in the land of the GOP brainwashed moron a public option does = total socialized medicine but there are people who can think for themselves.

Orwellian

definition: To describe something as "Orwellian" is to say that it brings to mind the fictional totalitarian society of Oceania described in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

In Orwell's novel
, all citizens of Oceania are monitored by cameras, are fed fabricated news stories by the government, are forced to worship a mythical government leader called Big Brother, are indoctrinated to believe nonsense statements (the mantra "WAR IS PEACE, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"),

.:eek:

gee thanx but I read 1984 in 6th grade.

102609tt.jpg

so now the public option is a big conspiracy to the far-right?......I must have missed that episode of the X-Files.

snowe-epic-fail.jpg

I suppose in the land of the GOP brainwashed moron a public option does = total socialized medicine but there are people who can think for themselves.

Jay you cant think for yourself if something you dont want is forced upon you and you then have to take whats there......

snowe-epic-fail.jpg

Orwellian

definition: To describe something as "Orwellian" is to say that it brings to mind the fictional totalitarian society of Oceania described in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

In Orwell's novel
, all citizens of Oceania are monitored by cameras, are fed fabricated news stories by the government, are forced to worship a mythical government leader called Big Brother, are indoctrinated to believe nonsense statements (the mantra "WAR IS PEACE, SLAVERY IS FREEDOM, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH"),

You forgot the message, read it again.

Harry, it's called democracy....maybe you should form your own country if you don't like how the rest of your nation votes?

Gotta love the Dems, everytime their ideas are rejected, they just rename them and throw them back out there as if nobody will notice.

Orwellian

In Orwell's novel

You forgot the message, read it again.

I doubt you have read it after the conservatives had it removed it from the U.S schools reading curriculum.....if they hadn't removed it no doubt you would be here bitching about Obama trying to indoctornate kids with it.

I doubt you have read it after the conservatives had it removed it from the U.S schools reading curriculum.....if they hadn't removed it no doubt you would be here bitching about Obama trying to indoctornate kids with it.

WTF are you talking about? I read it in HS and so have my kids. You just making shit up now Maple Leaf boy?

WTF are you talking about? I read it in HS and so have my kids. You just making shit up now Maple Leaf boy?

102609dh.jpg

that is called sarcasm - look it up. Seriously folks can U.S schools afford to buy books for kids to read?

Harry, it's called democracy....maybe you should form your own country if you don't like how the rest of your nation votes?
Democracy is mob rule, Canucklehead.

America was set forth to be a representative republic.

oh you poor little bitch..... does last Nov. 4th still sting your Mangina?
I'm not a neocon, Canstupidfuck...I'm a libertarian.

Not like anyone would mistake you for someone who would know what you're talking about to begin with.

........of course you are. You can be whatever you want to be sweetheart! - that is the beauty of posting here.

Gotta love the Dems, everytime their ideas are rejected, they just rename them and throw them back out there as if nobody will notice.

Why pretend this is a partisan issue? Terminology has been key for quite a while. Let's see.....there was "Mission Accomplished," "Insurgents," and not an escalation of war by sending in more troops but only a "surge."

All politicians have to carefully choose their language. After all, their primary job is to see how much money they can get from us before we go "Doh!"

Why pretend this is a partisan issue? Terminology has been key for quite a while. Let's see.....there was "Mission Accomplished," "Insurgents," and not an escalation of war by sending in more troops but only a "surge."

All politicians have to carefully choose their language. After all, their primary job is to see how much money they can get from us before we go "Doh!"
Quit true. A great example was the renaming the Department of War ot the Department of Defense.

However, I've not seen such a rapid fire change in the semantics to reframe the same crappy program....ever.

Rejected by whom? YOu wingnuts. Heck, you all believed there were 'death panels' in the bill. Why should ANYONE listen to you ID 10 T's. Besides, I guess you're unaware that 57% of the public wants a public option aka Medicare Part E......

Rejected by whom? YOu wingnuts. Heck, you all believed there were 'death panels' in the bill. Why should ANYONE listen to you ID 10 T's. Besides, I guess you're unaware that 57% of the public wants a public option aka Medicare Part E......
If your bogus poll numbers held any water, nobody would have to keep renaming the turd known as socialized medicine...I mean single payer...I mean universal coverage...I mean public option...I mean competitive option.....

Forum List

Back