Peak Wind

Indeed. And we can not find any new sources because we are told none exist. There can only be one wind source. It must be the ultimate wind source since all others either are non existent or produce minimally in comparison to the one wind to rule them all.

Hmm.. One wind, one ring, both fantasy....

Great comparison mdn... :eusa_whistle:

According to industry experts, in the United States, we have reached peak wind, every easy accessible site has been developed.

All the best sites for wind development are already exploited.

Sorry to let the air out of the bag.

There are stories on the web I can link to if people take interest in this thread.

It is a fact, all the good sites are taken, peak wind has arrived, so much for being renewable.

No amount of technology can help develop wind.

According to industry experts, in the United States, we have reached peak wind, every easy accessible site has been developed.

There are stories on the web I can link to if people take interest in this thread.

It is a fact, all the good sites are taken, peak wind has arrived, so much for being renewable.

All the best sites for oil and coal development are already exploited.

Sorry to let the air out of the (wind)bag.
Bullshit.

America is the Saudi Arabia of coal....We have enough *known* reserves to burn for the next 500 years.

Great thread, BTW. :lol:

I am tired, my Hotel bed is killing me, I am working 12 hours a night, I slept three yesterday, four the day before, I am beat, this morning I will sleep on the floor and see if that helps.

Sorry, boy, I wish I was right because I feel a bit foolish. I did scratch my head and thought that did not sound right,

Last edited:

That is common sense, oil exploration has largely been achieved with very old technology, now the newer technology is finding oil that is harder to find.

So are you thinking we will find a new technology to find windier areas?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/95777-steam-can-no-longer-be-ignored.html

But but but...! This COULD work! :rolleyes:

Hope for those struggling to accept Peak Wind.

Hmmm...... And we have not even started to develop the wind potential in South Eastern or South Central Oregon. Going to be a while doing that. It is quite extensive, and the area is also prime for geo-thermal and solar.

Banks Rush to Finance GE 845 MW Wind Project

Exclusive: Banks Rush to Finance 845 MW GE Wind Project
General Electric, at a time when funding remains tight, is having no problem attracting funders to support the construction of a massive wind farm it is developing in the Pacific Northwest.

GE and partner Caithness Energy are on track to close financing supporting the construction of its 845-megawatt, Shepherds Flat wind farm in Oregon in the next couple of weeks.

Last week West LB Securities and Citi launched the $1.385 billion debt financing supporting project construction. An industry source tells G.E.R. the deal has been well received and will likely be over-subscribed.

Hmmm...... And we have not even started to develop the wind potential in South Eastern or South Central Oregon. Going to be a while doing that. It is quite extensive, and the area is also prime for geo-thermal and solar.

Banks Rush to Finance GE 845 MW Wind Project

Exclusive: Banks Rush to Finance 845 MW GE Wind Project
General Electric, at a time when funding remains tight, is having no problem attracting funders to support the construction of a massive wind farm it is developing in the Pacific Northwest.

GE and partner Caithness Energy are on track to close financing supporting the construction of its 845-megawatt, Shepherds Flat wind farm in Oregon in the next couple of weeks.

Last week West LB Securities and Citi launched the $1.385 billion debt financing supporting project construction. An industry source tells G.E.R. the deal has been well received and will likely be over-subscribed.

Banks rush to provide financing with TARP and Federal bailout money. I wonder how many banks would be "rushing" to provide the financing had they not been bailed out by us taxpayers. What we do not see behind the scenes is what we need to know. So much for transparency.

General Electric is Obama, think MSNBC owned by General Electric, huge campaign donations and hundreds of hours of free campaigning by MSNBC, now we see the payoff.

Thanks to Oregon and California making it the law, you must have federal subsidized wind energy, you must pay the higher costs, there is nothing the public can do.

This is pure tyranny, people in Oregon get to sit on their lazy asses while we poor billions into worthless projects that benefit General Electric. Funny how all these wind turbines and generators are made in China where GE does not have to worry about pollution and the profits can be safely ticked away overseas.

GE and the Hudson river, how about that, when will GE clean the PCB's in the Hudson river.

Do you realize that if we put up too many windmills we may stop the wind entirely?

Last edited:

*correction*
All the best sites for oil and coal have been leased - not necessarily exploited.
:cool:

Nevermind the fact that it's completely off topic
:eusa_whistle:

Yep, wind power is so great a billionaire oil man is bailing out because without subsidies they are a loser....

Major investor pulls out of wind power | Marketplace From American Public Media

And he wants to foist off his turbines in Canada where they have a law that says they have to use them... yep that's "free market enterprise" at work for you!:lol:

T. Boone Pickens Plans Giant Wind Project In Canada - Eco-nomics - Stories from the Mother Nature Network - Forbes

At present, because of the amount of wind power already cited in Texas, there is often an oversupply of power from them. Even as the East Coast is in need of power. You see, Texas is on a seperate grid from from the rest of the US, and there is inadaquete interconnects to ship the excess power in Texas to where it is needed on the East Coast. There is a very good article on this in the November 2010, Scientific American.

Yep, wind power is so great a billionaire oil man is bailing out because without subsidies they are a loser....

Major investor pulls out of wind power | Marketplace From American Public Media

And he wants to foist off his turbines in Canada where they have a law that says they have to use them... yep that's "free market enterprise" at work for you!:lol:

T. Boone Pickens Plans Giant Wind Project In Canada - Eco-nomics - Stories from the Mother Nature Network - Forbes

At present, because of the amount of wind power already cited in Texas, there is often an oversupply of power from them. Even as the East Coast is in need of power. You see, Texas is on a seperate grid from from the rest of the US, and there is inadaquete interconnects to ship the excess power in Texas to where it is needed on the East Coast. There is a very good article on this in the November 2010, Scientific American.

Yes I am sure there is a very good article in SA. However Pickens calculated that wind becomes viable when the price of gas rises to 9 bucks per million btu produced. Wind costs around 7 bucks per million btu. Gas on the other hand can produce 1 million btu for right around 4 bucks. And, here is the kicker, the gas reserves are more than ample to keep things churnin along for the next couple of decades. One highly regarded analyst figures the price of gas won't even begin to rise till after 2016 and that only if the commodities traders get their hands in it.

Pickens is no fool. He invested a few million and figured he could use the wind power to further his gas programs. He found out after spending a few more million bucks that it is a loser so he's bailing.

Cause and effect.

Anyone that thinks the wind has "peaked" needs only to step out on to my front porch! :D

We have a constant 30+mph wind going on right now....

:cool:

As long as Fox and talk radio is around we will never reach peak wind.
Oh aren't YOU the moderate one! As long as we have democrats there won't be peak wind? Is that moderate enough for you? :rolleyes: Hyperpartisan namby pamby.

Many interesting figures in this article. The instant that carbon capture is considered, the cost of coal and gas far exceed most alternatives.

Cost of electricity by source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following figures arise for the costs of electricity production in newly constructed power plants in 2010:[citation needed]

Energy source Costs of electricity production €/MWh Costs of electricity production €ct/kWh
Nuclear Energy 107.0 – 124.0 10.70 – 12.40
Brown Coal 88.0 – 97.0 8.80 – 9.70
Black Coal 104.0 – 107.0 10.40 – 10.70
Domestic Gas 106.0 – 118.0 10.60 – 11.80
Wind Energy Onshore 49.7 – 96.1 4.97 – 9.61
Wind Energy Offshore 35.0 – 150.0 3.50 – 15.00
Hydropower 34.7 – 126.7 3.47 – 12.67
Biomass 77.1 – 115.5 7.71 – 11.55
Solar Electricity 284.3 – 391.4 28.43 – 39.14

Forum List

Back