Peace Keepers, what a joke

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
This happens ever time the UN or anybody sends troops to places that are fighting and then ties their hands or leads them to believe they are not potential targets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/02/w...ff3e9684828ca4&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

It is a war zone, there is no "peace" to enforce. Troops there are nothing more than targets waiting to be attacked, especially when they have the attitude that they are not targets because of their mission.

Sending more troops will accomplish little if they arrive with rules that prevent them from acting in a WAR ZONE. Further they need heavy weapons and proper artillery and heavy vehicle support.

This happens ever time the UN or anybody sends troops to places that are fighting and then ties their hands or leads them to believe they are not potential targets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/02/w...ff3e9684828ca4&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

It is a war zone, there is no "peace" to enforce. Troops there are nothing more than targets waiting to be attacked, especially when they have the attitude that they are not targets because of their mission.

Sending more troops will accomplish little if they arrive with rules that prevent them from acting in a WAR ZONE. Further they need heavy weapons and proper artillery and heavy vehicle support.
Peacekeepers? you mean those Camp-fire Girls who are sent over there to direct traffic??? Yah, I know it is a bit more than that, but that is the general Idea, A security force would be a much better Idea.

And your solution would be what exactly RGS?

Don- They can't send in a security force. Not without violating state sovreignity.

we are losing this war because of bureaucratic red tape.
Let the soldiers do what they were trained to do.
I do not care if Iraqi women and children are shot to shreds.
If they carry guns, they are fair game.

Fine, then disband the UN and forget "Peace Keeping" . Simple solution.

Awesome...that will really help the situation...as well as all the other situations around the world where people appeal to the UN because there is no other group that does anything at all.

we are losing this war because of bureaucratic red tape.
Let the soldiers do what they were trained to do.
I do not care if Iraqi women and children are shot to shreds.
If they carry guns, they are fair game.

a denial of any good that this country might have achieved. You have drawn a conclusion of guilt for a situation that you only third and fourth hand.

It is a very good thing that you are not in charge.

Give your statement some very serious thought. If you have some religious conviction that allows such an act then that religion is no better than the great evil that you seem to find worthy of horrific death.

I AM

Awesome...that will really help the situation...as well as all the other situations around the world where people appeal to the UN because there is no other group that does anything at all.

Better than sending targets and victims into a war zone with out the means to protect themselves or the mission to protect the people they are there for. You insist giving them the right to do these things violates the Countries right to rule it self, Guess what? If the UN is there, they agree the Country is NOT ruling it's self properly and they ARE intervening in the Sovreinity of said country. Rather than half ass it, do the damn thing right, admit what is needed and provide the force to DO whats needed. Or stay the hell out.

a denial of any good that this country might have achieved. You have drawn a conclusion of guilt for a situation that you only third and fourth hand.

It is a very good thing that you are not in charge.

Give your statement some very serious thought. If you have some religious conviction that allows such an act then that religion is no better than the great evil that you seem to find worthy of horrific death.

I AM

He is nothing more than one of the several far right embarrassments that have recently joined this board.

Better than sending targets and victims into a war zone with out the means to protect themselves or the mission to protect the people they are there for. You insist giving them the right to do these things violates the Countries right to rule it self, Guess what? If the UN is there, they agree the Country is NOT ruling it's self properly and they ARE intervening in the Sovreinity of said country. Rather than half ass it, do the damn thing right, admit what is needed and provide the force to DO whats needed. Or stay the hell out.

No, they aren't. Sudan allowed to let some peacekeepers in...hence it is NOT an infringement of their authority. The UNSC needs to vote on sending a force in for that to happen, and that has not happened here.

Besides the not so subtle fact that these weren't UN peacekeepers....

He is nothing more than one of the several far right embarrassments that have recently joined this board.

and you're one of the many liberal embarrassments in this country.

Dog, I wish I were in charge,things would actually get done right.
Let the Blackwater group do what the forefathers wanted.
It seems the far left wants to give America to terrorists.

TO LATE, we already ARE the terrorists. WE need to STOP.

TO LATE, we already ARE the terrorists. WE need to STOP.

please back up your claim with facts.
So far, we got rid of a known dictator, and his sons and deaths in Iraq are down 50%.
What would you do differently?

Dispense with the rhetoric.

please back up your claim with facts.
So far, we got rid of a known dictator, and his sons and deaths in Iraq are down 50%.
What would you do differently?

Dispense with the rhetoric.
Mine i s an opinion. Your's is stupidity.

Hussan supported terrorists. but the US Effort is constant and ongoing, especially regarding support of Israel.

Just about everyone on this board is left of you, as well as probably 97 percent of the US population. Do hang out with the racist on this board that share your opinions.

Calling me a liberal is hilarious.

Just about everyone on this board is left of you, as well as probably 97 percent of the US population. Do hang out with the racist on this board that share your opinions.

Calling me a liberal is hilarious.
Haven't you yet realized that to people like him EVERYBODY is a liberal.

I honestly couldnt have said it any better myself, your a genius man :)

No, they aren't. Sudan allowed to let some peacekeepers in...hence it is NOT an infringement of their authority. The UNSC needs to vote on sending a force in for that to happen, and that has not happened here.

Besides the not so subtle fact that these weren't UN peacekeepers....

Yes, ignore the fact the UN IS trying to send in 20000 UN troops to add to the 7000 troops from Africa already there. Usual semantics on your part.

Yes, ignore the fact the UN IS trying to send in 20000 UN troops to add to the 7000 troops from Africa already there. Usual semantics on your part.

Pssst...the 27k UN troops to be sent in are NOT peacekeepers. That means they will have a much stronger mandate and can actually fight militia groups. And they aren't being added to the AU troops they are replacing them.

And the difference between AU troops and UN troops is not "semantics". You think it is because you are ignorant of the differences between the organizations. But there are very important differences...a key one being that the AU is not authorized to do what the UN is currently doing with the sending in of troops.

Pssst...the 27k UN troops to be sent in are NOT peacekeepers. That means they will have a much stronger mandate and can actually fight militia groups. And they aren't being added to the AU troops they are replacing them.

And the difference between AU troops and UN troops is not "semantics". You think it is because you are ignorant of the differences between the organizations. But there are very important differences...a key one being that the AU is not authorized to do what the UN is currently doing with the sending in of troops.

Yes, I see, and can you provide ONE example EVER of the UN sending troops in blue helmets to FIGHT anyone? There are 2 examples of UN allowing combat of course, Korea and Kuwait. But they are NOT saying or doing anything except calling the mission to this place a "Peace Keeping" mission.

Please feel free to enlighten me Mensa boy, provide a transcript of the mission statement for the mission, be sure to highlight the part that allows offensive action, since . after all I am to stupid to ever find it myself. Do your civic duty and teach me.

Forum List

Back