PC Alert! Peanut Butter Sandwiches!!!!

It just gets funnier:

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

The comments on the article are hilarious (after all, it's HuffPo), check 'em out. From the article:

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez said, according to the Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

The PC Police are NUTS.

My kids would never eat peanut butter even though I love it.

It just gets funnier:

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

The comments on the article are hilarious (after all, it's HuffPo), check 'em out. From the article:

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez said, according to the Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

The PC Police are NUTS.

Yeah, but not because it is racist

It just gets funnier:

The PC Police are NUTS.

Yeah, but not because it is racist

I didn't know that peanut butter was a race.

By the vie, this is a very old story and has been on USMB several months back, but don't let me stop your outrage over nothing.

In a just world that principal would be immediately fired and the reason put in her personnel jacket would be "terminated for being an insufferable ****."

Hot dogs are not sexist. Bananas are a different story. The banana is slowly passed back and forth against teeth. That scrapes the banana off into a banana cream.

Forum List

Back