PC Alert! Peanut Butter Sandwiches!!!!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

It just gets funnier:

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

The comments on the article are hilarious (after all, it's HuffPo), check 'em out. From the article:

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez said, according to the Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

The PC Police are NUTS.

It just gets funnier:

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

The comments on the article are hilarious (after all, it's HuffPo), check 'em out. From the article:

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez said, according to the Tribune. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

The PC Police are NUTS.

I especially love this one:
ArepoSator

2 Fans
I totally agree with Gutierrez on this, but not for the reasons he states. I see PBJ as emblematic of the continued enslavement of African Americans and other minorities by the White racist hegemony. What is, after all, a PBJ but a dollop of peanut butter, the contribution to our culture by the noted African American scientist, inventor, botanist, and educator George Washington Carver, enslaved between two slices of WHITE bread, a symbol of how minorities in our country remain hidden, surrounded, and generally consumed as a part of the caucasian staple. And need I mention the sexist component of strawberry jam, the invention of Isabella Beeton, the proto-feminist who died long before the 19th Amendment was ratified. Shameful.

It just gets funnier:

The PC Police are NUTS.

I especially love this one:
ArepoSator

2 Fans
I totally agree with Gutierrez on this, but not for the reasons he states. I see PBJ as emblematic of the continued enslavement of African Americans and other minorities by the White racist hegemony. What is, after all, a PBJ but a dollop of peanut butter, the contribution to our culture by the noted African American scientist, inventor, botanist, and educator George Washington Carver, enslaved between two slices of WHITE bread, a symbol of how minorities in our country remain hidden, surrounded, and generally consumed as a part of the caucasian staple. And need I mention the sexist component of strawberry jam, the invention of Isabella Beeton, the proto-feminist who died long before the 19th Amendment was ratified. Shameful.

Would wheat bread be considered mexican?

George Washington Carver the inventor of racist peanut butter.

who-invented-peanut-butter-carver.jpg

And this sort of thing is right out of the liberal playbook.
The majority are the ones who should change because a couple people may be offended.

It just gets funnier:

The PC Police are NUTS.

Digging deep for more stories to feign the hate.

Forum List

Back