Peanut butter and jelly is now "racist"

Absolutely not, They are Luhya Tribe people. Now why would you assume they were Somali?

Because you were responding to the Principal's comment about Somalis. Derp.

I thought we were talking about Peanut Butter. and Jelly. The fact I threw something else in there wasnt too much of a problem was it? When ever I think of those Markets like the Nakomat, and the other one I cant remember the name........ I remember that they have guards at all the entrances with metal detecting wands to check for weapons, they have had to do that for years now. Sorry if my humor bothered you, but it was based in a little reality as well

Huh? Don't worry about your humor, its non-existent.

I'm trying to figure out what on Earth PB&J's in Kenya has to do with anything and how the heck your friends eating PB&J in Kenya makes a Principal in Oregon a "Fing idiot". That makes no sense. Who gives a shit what your friends eat? Was the Principal supposed to say "Somalis might not eat sandwiches, but there is this guy on the internet who knows a guy in Kenya who likes PB&J" ?

She says that the school must, “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance,” in order to cancel out all the “white privilege.”
thats the quote i read, as far as Africans liking peanut butter and jelly? well yes, it doesnt mean that much. Its just a little context. Other people besides whites eat peanut butter and jelly, But I realize there is a stereotype about that.

So in your opinion, the school should have teaching practices that lower minority performance?

George Washington Carver didn't invent peanut butter BTW

Absolutely not, why would I want to do that? maybe there needs to be a little clarification though. Is Peanut Butter and Jelly on White bread the only item on the menu or what? because, as I posted earlier, if it is, then they have other problems. eating A sandwhich once in a while is not going to lower anyone's performance. And really, is peanut butter and jelly white privilage? i really dont think so.

And if Kenyans who were raised on Ugali and Sukumaweki can eat that food and have absolutely no problems studying, so can Somali kids once in a while, its not the end of the world

Because you were responding to the Principal's comment about Somalis. Derp.

I thought we were talking about Peanut Butter. and Jelly. The fact I threw something else in there wasnt too much of a problem was it? When ever I think of those Markets like the Nakomat, and the other one I cant remember the name........ I remember that they have guards at all the entrances with metal detecting wands to check for weapons, they have had to do that for years now. Sorry if my humor bothered you, but it was based in a little reality as well

I'm trying to figure out what on Earth PB&J's in Kenya has to do with anything and how the heck your friends eating PB&J in Kenya makes a Principal in Oregon a "Fing idiot". That makes no sense. Who gives a shit what your friends eat? Was the Principal supposed to say "Somalis might not eat sandwiches, but there is this guy on the internet who knows a guy in Kenya who likes PB&J" ?

She says that the school must, “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance,” in order to cancel out all the “white privilege.”
thats the quote i read, as far as Africans liking peanut butter and jelly? well yes, it doesnt mean that much. Its just a little context. Other people besides whites eat peanut butter and jelly, But I realize there is a stereotype about that.

So in your opinion, the school should have teaching practices that lower minority performance?

Absolutely not, why would I want to do that? maybe there needs to be a little clarification though. Is Peanut Butter and Jelly on White bread the only item on the menu or what? because, as I posted earlier, if it is, then they have other problems. eating A sandwhich once in a while is not going to lower anyone's performance. And really, is peanut butter and jelly white privilage? i really dont think so.

On what menu?

And if Kenyans who were raised on Ugali and Sukumaweki can eat that food and have absolutely no problems studying, so can Somali kids once in a while, its not the end of the world

Huh? WTF are you even babbling about?

It seems like you think this is all about the literal lunch room menu at the school. Are you a moron?

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/nutrition/March_2013.pdf

Menus - Nutrition Services - Portland Public Schools

Scott School - Portland Public Schools

I looked up the Scott School menu and the food looks pretty decent to me, I dont see there what would cause kids to under perform, or think White privillage was really a dietary problem.

Seriously, stop being a fucking moron.

If its not theh Fucking Litteral menu , than what the fuck is Gutierrez babbling about? Oh I see then we just dont take her litteraly. Shes not really talking about the food the kids are eating ..... ahh shes bitching about Peanut and Butter sandwiches in the 'Abstract'

o_O

"Principal Verenice Gutierrez, of the Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland, has labeled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as racist. Apparently, in a move distinguished by the superintendant of the school, an effort was made to, “improve education for students of color....”

...The principal states that certain students that belong to minorities, take for example, “Somali or Hispanic students,” may not have culturally eaten bread, but instead used things like torta, or pitas....

...She says that the school must, “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance,” in order to cancel out all the “white privilege....”

Peanut Butter and Jelly Deemed Racist
Nothing more than a right wing lunatic spin job.

Schoolio.....you seem to be up on all things racist. If we serve peanut butter & jelly on dark bread....is that not racist?

dark-rye-bread-crumbshot.jpg

Or is serving peanut butter & jelly on white even more racist? Come on Schoolio....help a brutha out. :afro:

breadsliced.jpg

The real question, is using apple jelly more racist than using grape or strawberry? Is it less racist if you use blackberry jelly? Or is blackberry a banned PC term now?

I'm sorry...blackberry is now banned. :( The correct term is "transgender berry" or "a berry of color."

An email is being sent to your pm box.

But, but, but all berries have color, how do you distinguish between them if the term is berry of color? Oh I get it, you're not supposed to.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/nutrition/March_2013.pdf

Menus - Nutrition Services - Portland Public Schools

Scott School - Portland Public Schools

I looked up the Scott School menu and the food looks pretty decent to me, I dont see there what would cause kids to under perform, or think White privillage was really a dietary problem.

Seriously, stop being a fucking moron.

If its not theh Fucking Litteral menu , than what the fuck is Gutierrez babbling about? Oh I see then we just dont take her litteraly. Shes not really talking about the food the kids are eating ..... ahh shes bitching about Peanut and Butter sandwiches in the 'Abstract'

I asked you once to stop being stupid. Why do you insist?

'Peanut butter and jelly is now "racist"'

Another ridiculous lie from the right.

No the huffypuffypost is reporting it so it must be true.

She didn't actually say that. But facts don't matter to morons.

From the link I posted:

The sandwich was reportedly mentioned in a lesson plan last year. Verenice Gutierrez from the Harvey Scott K-8 School used it as an example of a subtle form of racism in language, according to the report.

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

PB&J = racism in language or to use the proper new leftist term, micro-aggression. These fucking commies should be fired.

So your friend in
o_O

"Principal Verenice Gutierrez, of the Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland, has labeled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as racist. Apparently, in a move distinguished by the superintendant of the school, an effort was made to, “improve education for students of color....”

...The principal states that certain students that belong to minorities, take for example, “Somali or Hispanic students,” may not have culturally eaten bread, but instead used things like torta, or pitas....

...She says that the school must, “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance,” in order to cancel out all the “white privilege....”

OH NO! The microaggression is rampant, where is it written that you can't put PB&J on a tortilla or in pita bread? Damned "white privilege".

How's this site for RW spin?

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

The Principal is an Fing idiot. While visiting friends in Kenya a couple years ago for about a month and spending time with them in their house, I got to tell you. I got sick of eating peanut butter and jelly on toast for breakfast, every morning. Im not a PB&J person but I was grateful for the hospitality, anyway, thats what they like to eat there. hahah in Africa. Even if you go west to the border of Uganda in the farm country of Bungoma, they have these Nakomat grocery stores now (when they are not being attacked by muslum terrorist from Somalia) And believe me when I say.

They eat peanut butter and jelly on their wheat and white bread there too.

The Principal is a retard, people like to eat what they like. No its NOT right wing spin. Its an infection of the mind thats been spreading , definatley of Left wing origin

I just face booked my sister. She spent 6 months working in Kenya. She says pb&j isn't that popular. But I guess she must be stupid, because your one friend in Kenya likes it.

When my second-oldest boy was two years old, I made him a PBJ and placed it on the table in front of him.

He burst out crying.

I asked him what was the matter and he cried out "You made it upside down"!

...and thus began our family's spiral into the pit of racism.
Lolololol

o_O

Looks like I was right. Total bullshit.

"To clarify: I never said peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist."
Dr. Verenice Gutierrez Addressing the peanut butter and jelly debacle...

Aww, they fell for another republican "translation". Daddy told them it was true and they believed it and lashed out because....Obama made them. Damn Obama, you keep driving a wedge between the races!

On what menu?

It seems like you think this is all about the literal lunch room menu at the school. Are you a moron?

Well, if that is the actual school menu, it brings up a question or two either about the principal or about the content article itself . And btw your the one who asked me in your post 39 -

"So in your opinion, the school should have teaching practices that lower minority performance?"

it prompted me to look up what the kids are really eating there. Obviously their school doesn't offer a diet that would cause hispanics or somalis to lower their performance do to some sort of discrimination

So your friend in
o_O

OH NO! The microaggression is rampant, where is it written that you can't put PB&J on a tortilla or in pita bread? Damned "white privilege".

The Principal is an Fing idiot. While visiting friends in Kenya a couple years ago for about a month and spending time with them in their house, I got to tell you. I got sick of eating peanut butter and jelly on toast for breakfast, every morning. Im not a PB&J person but I was grateful for the hospitality, anyway, thats what they like to eat there. hahah in Africa. Even if you go west to the border of Uganda in the farm country of Bungoma, they have these Nakomat grocery stores now (when they are not being attacked by muslum terrorist from Somalia) And believe me when I say.

The Principal is a retard, people like to eat what they like. No its NOT right wing spin. Its an infection of the mind thats been spreading , definatley of Left wing origin

I just face booked my sister. She spent 6 months working in Kenya. She says pb&j isn't that popular. But I guess she must be stupid, because your one friend in Kenya likes it.

No, i dont think your sister is stupid, but I do know their entire Family in Mombasa like PB&J on bread. and so does their family in western kenya. obviously its a big country, and believe me i know about what they eat there. My point was that, peanut butter and jelly is not a white thing.
Just like water mellon is not a black thing just a stereotype

So your friend in
o_O

No, i dont think your sister is stupid, but I do know their entire Family in Mombasa like PB&J on bread. and so does their family in western kenya. obviously its a big country, and believe me i know about what they eat there. My point was that, peanut butter and jelly is not a white thing.
Just like water mellon is not a black thing just a stereotype

Right, white people don't have culture, we're just normal.

On what menu?

Well, if that is the actual school menu, it brings up a question or two either about the principal or about the content article itself . And btw your the one who asked me in your post 39 -

"So in your opinion, the school should have teaching practices that lower minority performance?"

it prompted me to look up what the kids are really eating there. Obviously their school doesn't offer a diet that would cause hispanics or somalis to lower their performance do to some sort of discrimination

What about "teaching practices" makes you think of the lunch lady instead of a teacher? Is your brain mis-wired?

If the Government serves Black Forest Ham at school.....is that racist?

Maybe we should call Black Forest Ham......Ham of color? :)

Forum List

Back