Zone1 Participation Awards.

Do you support Participation Awards.

• Yes in all cases

• No, never

• Yes with kids before middle school

• Yes with kids up to middle school

Results are only viewable after voting.
The thread is irrelevant in that it doesn't mention that the participation awards most people are against, are those given purely based on identity.

This has nothing to do with identity.

But awards should not be freely given out based on race ethnicity, or gender. Those are the types of awards people have issues with.

This is not about that. This is about all kids getting a trophy/award whether they win or lose

Nobody cares, unless they get a trophy for not playing. There's nothing to debate in this thread.

That is not what the new law being proposed in NC says.

And you know this considering all the time you spent in the other thread

do you understand yet?

The WHOLE team didn't get letters, you had to make the VARSITY to get one,

(I'm betting you still don't understand)

The whole team is VARSITY.

Either you made VARSITY or you were not on the team.

Why is this so confusing for you?

Then there are sports like Track and Field that do not have VARSITY, either you make the team or you do not.

Then there are sports like Track and Field that do not have VARSITY, either you make the team or you do not.
I knew you wouldn't understand, and I don't know how to make it any plainer.

I understand you are very confused.
case in point

older brother played football all 4 years of HS

Despite 3 years of 'participation', He did not get his Varsity Letter til he was a senior, WHEN HE MADE THE VARSITY team.

That is not what the new law being proposed in NC says.

And you know this considering all the time you spent in the other thread

The proposed NC law states "Awards provided in connection with the activity, if any, shall be based on identified performance achievements." So if the law passes, those participating in sports may or may not get letters, depending on the school's policies.

And seeing how I don't live in NC, this has little relevance to me. But I did respond to the thread to bump up my post count.

case in point

older brother played football all 4 years of HS

Despite 3 years of 'participation', He did not get his Varsity Letter til he was a senior, WHEN HE MADE THE VARSITY team.

So he was only on the varsity team once.

The other 3 years he was on different teams.

Our local high school has 3 football teams, Freshman, JV and Varsity.

Each is a distinct team with their own games.

They get the letter for participating in the sport for a whole season.

How is that not a participation award?
Varsity letters have not traditionally been viewed as a participation award. Or an award at all for that matter. It's like a hashmark. And not everyone on the team gets a varsity letter anyway. I might make the varsity football team but that doesn't mean I'll earn a letter. I will agree that some places have expanded (loosened) the criteria to get your letter and I think that's a mistake. Doesnt change what it is or represents.

The NC law just says "awards".
A state passing a law about this is fucking stupid. Doesnt change my personal opinion of giving children participation awards but whoever is spearheading this nonsense in the NC Congress should be slapped and told to do some actual work.

So he was only on the varsity team once.

The other 3 years he was on different teams.

Each is a distinct team with their own games.

as did ours.

Brother 'participated' in all 3.

and only Varsity got a letter.

Did your Freshman and JV teams get letters?

Most sports have a varsity squad and a JV squad.

All the players are on the varsity team. Not all the players get a varsity letter.

All Greyhounds are dogs, but not all dogs are Greyhounds.

Don't worry, G.G., I have no plans on rescinding any of the participation awards I have given you here for the enthusiasm you show for talking about things beyond your comprehension, and I have no plans on limiting them in the future.

To show my sincerity in this, here you go:

6c3cb40efdb5d4eab849b52c66d192e8.jpg

Forum List

Back