Biden admin withholding key funding for schools with hunting, archery programs

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The Biden administration is blocking key federal funding earmarked under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 for schools with hunting and archery programs.

According to federal guidance circulated among hunting education groups and shared with Fox News Digital, the Department of Education determined that, under the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) passed last year, school hunting and archery classes are precluded from receiving federal funding. The interpretation could impact millions of American children enrolled in such programs.

"It's a negative for children. As a former educator of 30-plus years, I was always trying to find a way to engage students," Tommy Floyd, the president of the National Archery in the Schools Program, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "In many communities, it's a shooting sport, and the skills from shooting sports, that help young people grow to be responsible adults. They also benefit from relationships with role models."

"You've got every fish and wildlife agency out there working so hard to utilize every scrap of funding, not only for the safety and hunter education, but for the general understanding of why stewardship is so important when it comes to natural resources," he continued. "Any guidance where it's even considered a ‘maybe’ or a prohibition for shooting sports is a huge negative."

According to Floyd, his organization boasts 1.3 million students from nearly 9,000 schools across 49 states who are enrolled in archery courses. Some of those schools have already canceled plans to include archery or hunting education courses in their curriculum due to the Education Department guidance.

Damn, when I was in school every HS had a rifle team with the ammo costs borne by the feds through the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program). They also supplied ex-.mil .22 training rifles.

Now they don't even want to fund archery.

The dems are not trying to even hide their distain for shooting sports of any kind.

The Biden Administration is trembling in the thought that young Americans could rise up and form a dangerous army with bows, arrows, shields, swords, daggers and catapults to fight the Marxist administration.

It is a key issue for me as to who I vote for. It's common sense education that has a positive impact on young kids. The ''Ds'' don't like it only because the ''Rs'' do like it.

It is a key issue for me as to who I vote for. It's common sense education that has a positive impact on young kids. The ''Ds'' don't like it only because the ''Rs'' do like it.
When I was on my HS shooting team I suspect many parents had just made the switch from D to R but I bet a full half were still Solid South dems.

Of course we never had a hunting class because most everyone already hunted.....The first day of deer season was a "holiday" in my AO. We did have a required 3-day hunter's safety course in middle school taught by the game warden......I still have my Safe Hunter patch. ;)

Like this one:

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
The Biden Administration is trembling in the thought that young Americans could rise up and form a dangerous army with bows, arrows, shields, swords, daggers and catapults to fight the Marxist administration.

Think of the horror that could result if former US slaves learned bow hunting skills and wiped out the buffalo herds of North America. Oh, wait, too late for that,

The Biden administration is blocking key federal funding earmarked under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 for schools with hunting and archery programs.

According to federal guidance circulated among hunting education groups and shared with Fox News Digital, the Department of Education determined that, under the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) passed last year, school hunting and archery classes are precluded from receiving federal funding. The interpretation could impact millions of American children enrolled in such programs.

"It's a negative for children. As a former educator of 30-plus years, I was always trying to find a way to engage students," Tommy Floyd, the president of the National Archery in the Schools Program, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "In many communities, it's a shooting sport, and the skills from shooting sports, that help young people grow to be responsible adults. They also benefit from relationships with role models."

"You've got every fish and wildlife agency out there working so hard to utilize every scrap of funding, not only for the safety and hunter education, but for the general understanding of why stewardship is so important when it comes to natural resources," he continued. "Any guidance where it's even considered a ‘maybe’ or a prohibition for shooting sports is a huge negative."

According to Floyd, his organization boasts 1.3 million students from nearly 9,000 schools across 49 states who are enrolled in archery courses. Some of those schools have already canceled plans to include archery or hunting education courses in their curriculum due to the Education Department guidance.

Damn, when I was in school every HS had a rifle team with the ammo costs borne by the feds through the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program). They also supplied ex-.mil .22 training rifles.

Now they don't even want to fund archery.

The dems are not trying to even hide their distain for shooting sports of any kind.
We had archery as an after-school activity in the grade school I attended in Phoenix, AZ. In bright blue WA, they don't offer it, but our local grange does as an after-school program. Fuck the democrats.

The latest on this issue. Both Reps and Dems agree to oppose Biden . The list of Dems going with the Reps on this one may surprise some members of USMB . It is good to see it happening.

Forum List

Back