The party of small government strikes again

So you don't see the problem with participation trophies?

Depends on the age of the ones receiving them.

I see nothing wrong with 6 year old's getting an award at the end of a season of learning soccer or basketball.

But even if I thought they were the end of the fucking world as we know it, it still would not be the job of the government to outlaw them.

You spun bs and told shit here's more proof for ya

But don't let that stop your TDS
Good grief man. From your own link. 11 million b/d PRODUCTION is still no where near close to what we were consuming. Which was about 19 million b/d. So if we're not producing as much as we're using how TF can we be energy independent?

main.svg

Even the graph (from your link) even shows the consumption was higher than production. Peak consumption fell in 2020, at a time where US oil companies were importing a LOT of oil because Russia and Saudi has the oil prices down from their oil price war.
The number they're showing (18 million b/d) isn't US PRODUCTION. US oil producers have never produced any more than 13 million b/d.

This is simple math. Not political jargon, leaving important factors out to make some false claim.

"If you have to lie to make a point (as politicians do daily), then you really don't have a point. "

Depends on the age of the ones receiving them.

I see nothing wrong with 6 year old's getting an award at the end of a season of learning soccer or basketball.

But even if I thought they were the end of the fucking world as we know it, it still would not be the job of the government to outlaw them.
Setting aside the idiotic notion that government should have any say on this, I look at it like this. Kids aren't idiots. They know what a trophy means. They know the difference between a participation trophy and the championship trophy.

A trophy is just a token recognizing an accomplishment. And for some kids, depending on their circumstances, just playing every game might be a real victory. I don't see why cons have their panties in a twist over this.

Good grief man. From your own link. 11 million b/d PRODUCTION is still no where near close to what we were consuming. Which was about 19 million b/d. So if we're not producing as much as we're using how TF can we be energy independent?

main.svg

Even the graph (from your link) even shows the consumption was higher than production. Peak consumption fell in 2020, at a time where US oil companies were importing a LOT of oil because Russia and Saudi has the oil prices down from their oil price war.
The number they're showing (18 million b/d) isn't US PRODUCTION. US oil producers have never produced any more than 13 million b/d.

This is simple math. Not political jargon, leaving important factors out to make some false claim.

"If you have to lie to make a point (as politicians do daily), then you really don't have a point. "
First graph, first link Shows in 2018 we produced more than we consumed. Your TDS just won't let you accept the truth

Do any Trumpsters even pretend to be advocates of limited government these days?

It used to be the case that Republicans would push back against social engineering by saying, "the government shouldn't be doing social engineering!". Now it's just, "Democrats shouldn't be doing social engineering.... Gimme that thing".

Last edited:
Amazing how our "conservatives" flipped from war-loving, corporation-protecting, government-hating absolutists to anti-war, corporation-distrusting, government-pushing populists in one single day. Escalator Day.
Neither party has much in the way of genuine values regarding political ideology. Most voters today are voting purely on the culture war bullshit. It's simple, immediate, and freaks people out, so naturally the party leaders are all for it. They heartily fan those flames.

As long as it's an effective means of selling their product (as long as we keep falling for it), they'll keep playing this game.

Neither party has much in the way of genuine values regarding political ideology. Most voters today are voting purely on the culture war bullshit. It's simple, immediate, and freaks people out, so naturally the party leaders are all for it. They heartily fan those flames.

As long as it's an effective means of selling their product (as long as we keep falling for it), they'll keep playing this game.
Well, the cultural issues have been at the very foundation of the Left's overall agenda now for, what, 40 years at least. And during that time, the resentment for those issues was building on the right, fed and stoked by its media. So I guess this was going to erupt whenever a "Republican" came along who was shameless enough to tap it. And the Left still refuses to admit the role that they played in this.

Our current system incentivizes and rewards this madness.

And you're on the side of the very thing you rail against

1678409945588484.jpg

1680798444864096.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back