• Yes in all cases

• No, never

• Yes with kids before middle school

• Yes with kids up to middle school

Results are only viewable after voting.
as did ours.

Brother 'participated' in all 3.

and only Varsity got a letter.

Did your Freshman and JV teams get letters?

I am not sure here since my kids did not do sports, but when I was in high school many many moons ago the JV people got a smaller letter.

I am not sure here since my kids did not do sports, but when I was in high school many many moons ago the JV people got a smaller letter.
It depends on where you live. Either the school or the “league“ the school plays in determines the criteria for “lettering” in any given sport.

Unkotare

Whats there to disagree with? If your school is hand ing out varsity letters to kids on the football team just because they made the squad they are in the minority.

Varsity players on the varsity squad. It's right in the name.
That doesnt mean you get a Varsity letter. Being on the Varsity Squad is the first and lowest hurdle. There are typically play time requirements, behavioral considerations, academic requirements, there's coaches discretion etc. Just making the squad doesn't equate to a letter.

Very few schools are handing out varsity letters just for making the varsity team. If they are they are undermining the significance of the letter.

That doesnt mean you get a Varsity letter. Being on the Varsity Squad is the first and lowest hurdle. There are typically play time requirements, behavioral considerations, academic requirements, there's coaches discretion etc. Just making the squad doesn't equate to a letter.

Very few schools are handing out varsity letters just for making the varsity team. If they are they are undermining the significance of the letter.

This is not my experience, and my kids were in schools in 4 different states as well as this is not the way it was when I was in high school way back in the late 70s. Anyone that made the varsity team got the letter

Do you even have kids?

you know damn good and well thats not what the problem is with the participation trophy issue,

but please continue showing what a dumb mother fucker you are,,,

I know what the wording of the proposed law for the state of NC is.

Sorry that you cannot keep up with the topic of the thread, but you are beyond help

Yes they are. That's why it's called that.

This is not my experience, and my kids were in schools in 4 different states as well as this is not the way it was when I was in high school way back in the late 70s. Anyone that made the varsity team got the letter

Do you even have kids?

Not in Ohio, PA, Md, Tx, NC, Florida, Hawaii. All states where I have either had children earn varsity letters or I myself earned them. Again if your school is handing out varsity letters to kids for just making the team they are diminishing the meaning of the letter. Good luck with that.

Not in Ohio, PA, Md, Tx, NC, Florida, Hawaii. All states where I have either had children earn varsity letters or I myself earned them. Again if your school is handing out varsity letters to kids for just making the team they are diminishing the meaning of the letter. Good luck with that.

The whole point of a varsity letter is to indicate you made the team. That is literally the name of the damn thing

You are just making shit up now.

The whole point of a varsity letter is to indicate you made the team. That is literally the name of the damn thing

a minute ago you said it was for completing a whole season,,

now you say its for making the team,,

which is it??

For fuck sakes. Google Varsity Letter requirements and tell me what you find out. You routinely do stupid shit like this. You hold on to things that are easily disproven. I even gave you an out with the "it depends on where you live" comment.

Im sure there are schools that do what you are saying but they are the exception not the rule. Nor should they be. It does and should mean more than just making the team.

Students who do not maintain their grades and stay in good standing cannot stay on my team.

Forum List

Back