Parents of Teens!~

I have two teenagers, and they are exact opposites of each other, thankfully they are spending the weekend at there Dad's house so I can have a break.

She's taller than me though.....5'11" to my 5'10"............

Holy shit!

Our second daughter will be twelve soon. She hit puberty early though, and I feel like we are already past some of the difficult pre-puberty stuff (a year ago was *much* harder than now, in terms of adolescent angst.) I know we have a long way to go, but for her sake I am really glad that she is learning how to work through the ups and downs of the menstrual cycle. Who am I trying to kid, there are very few ups, but you know what i mean. :)

She definitely is typical, about the music etc and especially FASHION, which apparently I have none of (who'd have known?) but yeah I think she definitely values mom and dad's point of view.

I am somewhere around 5'3" and daughter #2 has almost passed me, not quite but close.

Our first daughter passed away as a baby, but she would be thirteen now. Echo, when did your daughter turn thirteen, if you don't mind me asking? We may have been preggers together!

I notice that too. Whatever is going on with teens today, I think they are having in general a more positive experience than previous generations.

I agree. The Science Olympiad was announced at school a few days ago and apparently all the kids want to participate. :) I am regularly impressed with these kids. I wonder if our parents were secretly impressed with us? <puzzled>

Holy shit!

Our second daughter will be twelve soon. She hit puberty early though, and I feel like we are already past some of the difficult pre-puberty stuff (a year ago was *much* harder than now, in terms of adolescent angst.) I know we have a long way to go, but for her sake I am really glad that she is learning how to work through the ups and downs of the menstrual cycle. Who am I trying to kid, there are very few ups, but you know what i mean. :)

She definitely is typical, about the music etc and especially FASHION, which apparently I have none of (who'd have known?) but yeah I think she definitely values mom and dad's point of view.

I am somewhere around 5'3" and daughter #2 has almost passed me, not quite but close.

Our first daughter passed away as a baby, but she would be thirteen now. Echo, when did your daughter turn thirteen, if you don't mind me asking? We may have been preggers together!

First, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

My daughter missed being a Fourth of July Baby by an hour and ten minutes, even though I went into labor on the 4th at 6 am! :eek: (thank you drugs, thank you............)

I find it interesting that on here, there are so many of us that have children all around the same age, and that you all are so wonderful! It's good to talk to other mothers about our children. I teach with 5 other gals who all have 13 year old daughters too, you should hear us at lunch! :lol:

Well, you beat me to parenthood by three months, but it's nice to think we were reading the same books (What to expect etc) at the same time. :)

I agree about talking with other parents, and usually moms, it sounds cliche but there is a lot of support from moms to moms because we understand how challenging this can be. At this point just having to be the one responsible for the family's meals, day in and day out, for twelve years running,,,, It's so tiresome! I can certainly appreciate things like hamburger helper in ways that i never could before. I think if I were a mom in the seventies I would have bought one of those meal-a-day type programs.....

Well, you beat me to parenthood by three months, but it's nice to think we were reading the same books (What to expect etc) at the same time. :)

I agree about talking with other parents, and usually moms, it sounds cliche but there is a lot of support from moms to moms because we understand how challenging this can be. At this point just having to be the one responsible for the family's meals, day in and day out, for twelve years running,,,, It's so tiresome! I can certainly appreciate things like hamburger helper in ways that i never could before. I think if I were a mom in the seventies I would have bought one of those meal-a-day type programs.....

Yep! Just letting off steam helps, and that others are going through the same things. Plus, a sense of humor is what gets me through the day, and a big old bottle of vicodin! (just kidding!)

PS-Love your sig! :cool:

LOL I cannot look at the jonas brothers.

Thank goodness my daughter is past that phase, it lasted until they got popular. She 'hates' anything that is mainstream, she says she doesn't want to be a 'sheeple' lol.

She's into classic rock and bands I've never heard of, which is cool. Now my niece who is 11 LOVES the Jonas Brothers....I sent her the cover of my Rolling Stone they were on. (and why in the hell were they on the cover anyway? :confused:)

Last edited:
Must have been pride week.

They claim to wear their little virginity rings until they get married, but as Bill Maher says, unless they live in California or Massachusetts, (just Massachusetts now), they're not getting married anytime in the near future. ;)

Forum List

Back