Papa Obama's goals for fake global warming might mean $7/gal gas

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

Fuel Taxes Must Rise, Harvard Researchers Say

To meet the Obama administration’s targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions, some researchers say, Americans may have to experience a sobering reality: gas at $7 a gallon.

To reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transportation sector 14 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, the cost of driving must simply increase, according to a forthcoming report by researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.

The 14 percent target was set in the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget for fiscal 2010.

That would help jobs.
rickshaw-84.3.jpg

Not to worry the Chinese pretty well chopped this stick at Copenhagen.

If they do not sign on no one will.

To meet the Obama administration’s targets for cutting greenhouse gas emissions, some researchers say, Americans may have to experience a sobering reality: gas at $7 a gallon.

To reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the transportation sector 14 percent from 2005 levels by 2020, the cost of driving must simply increase, according to a forthcoming report by researchers at Harvard’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.

The 14 percent target was set in the Environmental Protection Agency’s budget for fiscal 2010.

You're going to get $7 per gal gas anyway. Just way until the economy turns around.

The Left in America has been howling for years that we should have European Petrol Prices - looks like Obama is going to grant their wish.

They will get behind this because when people are being raped by the government then they cheer.

HOLY SHIT! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Will you asshats EVER give up the fearmogering???

as long as you're at it, would you mind having a word with old rocks?

his fearmongering has gone from baroque to rococco.

thanks

Del, old boy, if things go I the scientists that I have been posting articles from say they will, then it is not fearmongering, but wise warnings.

However, we have seen all the predictions of the Tyranny that President Obama is going to impose on us. So let us see whose predictions come to pass.

The Left in America has been howling for years that we should have European Petrol Prices - looks like Obama is going to grant their wish.
I'm not from the left, and I think gasoline should be $20/gallon.

There are always outliers in any statistical sample.

I'm not in favor of the human misery that would be wrought if our struggling economy was forced to endure a major oil shock.

I'm not from the left, and I think gasoline should be $20/gallon.

There are always outliers in any statistical sample.

I'm not in favor of the human misery that would be wrought if our struggling economy was forced to endure a major oil shock.
I'm IN favor of the real innovation it would spur, quickly.

Necessity isn't just the mother of invention, it's a mother all the way around.

I'm all in favor of innovation - driven by free market forces.

We have untold $T invested in petrol-based infrastructure - I'd rather see an evolutionary approach that doesn't destroy our economy. To think we can transform an economy as large as the U.S. (or the entire world) quickly is a utopian fantasy. The cost of that revolution would be incredibly bloody and destructive to human lives (with the poorest being most vulnerable).

I'm all in favor of innovation - driven by free market forces.

We have untold $T invested in petrol-based infrastructure - I'd rather see an evolutionary approach that doesn't destroy our economy. To think we can transform an economy as large as the U.S. (or the entire world) quickly is a utopian fantasy. The cost of that revolution would be incredibly bloody and destructive to human lives (with the poorest being most vulnerable).
To believe our economy is that fragile is alarmist nightmare.

Forum List

Back