Panic About ISIS Is Crippling the Bill of Rights

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
ISIS in the Middle East is one thing. ISIS in the US is absolutely another. While I believe Syrian and Iraqi people are suffering, US citizens are well-protected from external threats. Therefore I don't understand the need to tighten national laws, wage the war on terror (completely ignoring international legislation) and panic in federal and local media. Some politicians are splitting American society in half with fear and Islamophobia, while we are following their manipulations.

ISIS in the Middle East is one thing. ISIS in the US is absolutely another. While I believe Syrian and Iraqi people are suffering, US citizens are well-protected from external threats. Therefore I don't understand the need to tighten national laws, wage the war on terror (completely ignoring international legislation) and panic in federal and local media. Some politicians are splitting American society in half with fear and Islamophobia, while we are following their manipulations.

I haven't met anyone who is in a "PANIC" over Isis-----

Trading freedom for security is nothing new. While the ISIS flag is spreading over the Mid East and Christians are beheaded on you tube the ignorant progs label the concern over another 9-11 and Boston Marithon bombing, "islamophobia". I wonder if the ignorant progressives called it "naziphobia" in the late 30's when Jews were being lined up and shot.

Last edited:

You must have never looked at Infowars or Glen Becks show then, as they are paranoid about pretty much everything.

You must have never looked at Infowars or Glen Becks show then, as they are paranoid about pretty much everything.

right-----I never look at INFOWARS or GLEN BECK ----as a child I read the NATIONAL ENQUIRER----while my mom did
the grocery shopping ----they used to keep those idiot periodicals on a rack in most grocery stores------I had enough. Of course there is more than enough here too. I also read the islamo Nazi
propaganda----more than enough of that here too

Not in panic maybe but still a lot of people believe ISIS is a severe threat to our national security. When it happens, people are ready to sacrifice their freedom in the name of stability and peace. What is the price? Surveillance, covert activities, rights violation to name a few. ISIS is dangerous, but there is no direct threat worth renouncing our rights.

Trading freedom for security is nothing new. While the ISIS flag is spreading over the Mid East and Christians are beheaded on you tube the ignorant progs label the concern over another 9-11 and Boston Marithon bombing, "islamophobia". I wonder if the ignorant progressives called it "naziphobia" in the late 30's when Jews were being lined up and shot.

There is no need to compare a European superpower with a group of religious fanatics. The US didn't care about Europe and all of its Jews until German defeat was already obvious. Just admit it, human rights didn't play any role in that conflict and they still don't
9/11 and Boston Marathon bombings have nothing to do with ISIS by the way.

There is no need to compare a European superpower with a group of religious fanatics. The US didn't care about Europe and all of its Jews until German defeat was already obvious. Just admit it, human rights didn't play any role in WWII and they still don't.

Not in panic maybe but still a lot of people believe ISIS is a severe threat to our national security. When it happens, people are ready to sacrifice their freedom in the name of stability and peace. What is the price? Surveillance, covert activities, rights violation to name a few. ISIS is dangerous, but there is no direct threat worth renouncing our rights.

I don't know to what "rights" you allude. I do not have a sense that my rights are being threatened by homeland security efforts. I do feel that my rights are
threatened by the fact of Islamic terrorism and that surveillance suspected persons and places is warranted -----but I have lived, in the course of my life, in targeted areas and frequently visit targeted areas. If I lived in
Oklahoma I would be into weather issues. If I lived in
California-----I would not water my grass---let it whither and not feel agrieved

There is no need to compare a European superpower with a group of religious fanatics. The US didn't care about Europe and all of its Jews until German defeat was already obvious. Just admit it, human rights didn't play any role in that conflict and they still don't

BTW 9/11 and Boston Marathon have everything to do with ISIS. ------ALL three relate to the SUNNI CALIPHATE. -------you, simply, know nothing about
ISLAAAM It is clear to me that you do not know that
the AGENDA of Al Quaida under Osama bin Laden was *)))) THE CALIPHATE ((((* His intended caliphate included Saudi Arabia the entire Levant and---
the Iberian Penninsula---etc. (he said so) ---in order to
establish his CALIPHATE he had to knock the US resistence down and INSPIRE is followers (9-11)
Boston Marathon and dozens of similar attempts are
all a result of CALIPHATE inspiration-----sorry---but it happens to be so-----feel free to ask questions

Forum List

Back