Palin fielding 950 requests for speeches

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Hey, I'd go see her. I don't like her as a leader, but she's entertaining as hell.
I wouldn't pay for it though. Guess that defeats the purpose of her getting filthy rich, doesn't it?
Oh well, more power to her whatever she does as long as she's not in a position where she has to read a map. ;)

The former Alaska governor will visit Hong Kong to address the CLSA Investors Forum, a well-known annual conference of global investment managers, the host announced Monday.
Sarah Palin plans first trip to Asia - More politics- msnbc.com

the article does not mention if she has agreed.

Can I get a newspaper to write an article on me anytime I plan a trip to Asia? Who gives a fuck? I hope she enjoys the Great Wall of China.

ahhh...yeah. its about her giving a speech not visitng the fucking wall.

Man, I hope she does all 950. Imagine five years worth of new material for Saturday Night Live.

You are aware Palin's popularity among all voters is comparable to that of Obama now?

(Actually slightly higher: 45% vs 42%)

Yes indeed...

The former Alaska governor will visit Hong Kong to address the CLSA Investors Forum, a well-known annual conference of global investment managers, the host announced Monday.

Sarah Palin plans first trip to Asia - More politics- msnbc.com

the article does not mention if she has agreed.

"The former Alaska governor will visit Hong Kong to address the CLSA Investors Forum, a well-known annual conference of global investment managers, the host announced Monday."

From another article:

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's first major speaking engagement after leaving office won't be in Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina.

Instead, she's apparently headed to Hong Kong.

According to the Hong Kong-based brokerage firm CLSA, Palin will be the keynote speaker at their 16th annual investor's conference in September. The conference of financial heavy-hitters brings together hundreds of CEOs, CIOs and fund managers from around the world. In agreeing to speak, Palin's joining some esteemed company: past speakers at the conference have included Bill Clinton, Alan Greenspan, Al Gore and Desmond Tutu.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin to Hong Kong « - Blogs from CNN.com

She agreed.

You are aware Palin's popularity among all voters is comparable to that of Obama now?

Yes indeed...
Link to Palin/Obama polling numbers, s'il vous plais.

Zogby: Obama Approval Plummets to 42 Percent

Romney's Image Improves; Palin Well Regarded by Republican Base: Overview - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted June 10-14 among 1,502 adults reached on landlines and cell phones, finds that impressions of Sarah Palin have not changed much since the presidential campaign. Palin continues to be a divisive figure among the general public, with about as many saying they have an unfavorable impression (44%) as a favorable view (45%) of the Alaska governor.

Palin poll from earlier this summer...

Hey, I'd go see her. I don't like her as a leader, but she's entertaining as hell.
I wouldn't pay for it though. Guess that defeats the purpose of her getting filthy rich, doesn't it?
Oh well, more power to her whatever she does as long as she's not in a position where she has to read a map. ;)

Speakers usually get paid a flat fee per engagement... It's rarely a portion of the gate kind of deal...

Yes indeed...

Romney's Image Improves; Palin Well Regarded by Republican Base: Overview - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted June 10-14 among 1,502 adults reached on landlines and cell phones, finds that impressions of Sarah Palin have not changed much since the presidential campaign. Palin continues to be a divisive figure among the general public, with about as many saying they have an unfavorable impression (44%) as a favorable view (45%) of the Alaska governor.

How in the hell can you compare a poll done over two months ago (before the QUITTER even quit) to the current one you cite on Obama.

One word: Fail.

How in the hell can you compare a poll done over two months ago (before the QUITTER even quit) to the current one you cite on Obama.

One word: Fail.[/QUOTE]

It is too early to say Obama has "failed". True, his most recent approval numbers are even lower than Palin's, but he may actually regain his political footing.

Then again, he may not...

Speakers usually get paid a flat fee per engagement... It's rarely a portion of the gate kind of deal...

True, but for political figures there's usually a fundraiser involved. Which means charging enough to cover the fee and still make a profit. You don't really pay a thousand bucks for the chicken.

lots of folks willing to pay big bucks for her "you bethcas", or just curious to hear what she might say next?

$sarah-palin-hot-picture.jpg

True, but for political figures there's usually a fundraiser involved. Which means charging enough to cover the fee and still make a profit. You don't really pay a thousand bucks for the chicken.

It still ends up being a flat fee paid to the speaker... The organization pockets the gate...

Forum List

Back