Palin Book Goes Platinum

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
NEW YORK – "Going Rogue" has gone platinum.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis said Tuesday that just two weeks after publication, Sarah Palin's memoir has sold 1 million copies. The print run for "Going Rogue" has been increased again, to 2.8 million copies. The original printing was 1.5 million, then moved up to 2.5 million.

"Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life."

Palin book goes platinum - Yahoo! News

Sold is a relative term since lost of those are still on shelves and in boxes in the back of the book store.

Yes Palins book "Going Rouge" will be a good seller for a while and then fizzle out pretty quick.

where will all the copies that were purchased in mass bulk by right-wing groups to inflate sales end up?

1.5 million to 2.5 million to 2.8 million printing. She just keeps going and going and going. Hey look, "Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life." :lol: :lol:

“Going Rogue” sold 7 times as many copies at the book stores as “The Audacity Of Hope” sold in its first week, Nielsen reported.

I bought mine yesterday. I want her to die a fabulously rich woman. and it's all because of the demons,, I love it when conservatives get rich off the demons bitching..

That's gonna piss off the NYT again. Their best seller list is always topped by the right. It's because lefties don't read - they get their information via their single borg brain.

palin-claus.jpg

perhaps even stocking stuffers for that teabagger on your list?

That's gonna piss off the NYT again. Their best seller list is always topped by the right. It's because lefties don't read - they get their information via their single borg brain.

LOL. I am a very prolific reader. Had a library card since I was 6.
My collection is about 2,000 books. And all the library workers know me.

I tend to read about 2 -3 books a week.

There is no need to justify yourself to an anonymous poster on an internet forum. How very sad for you that you feel the need to validate yourself to me. It's like you think I give a shit how many 'books' you do or do not read. :lol:

Actually, it's because the imprints sell copies to right-wing book clubs to pump the sales figures.

Yep.. Palin, Beck, Huckabee, and O'Reilly all on the list!

There is no need to justify yourself to an anonymous poster on an internet forum. How very sad for you that you feel the need to validate yourself to me. It's like you think I give a shit how many 'books' you do or do not read. :lol:

good point, thanks. I will from now on pay you the attentiion that you deserve as an anonymous internet poster.

4676afd40ae73353.jpg

doesn't really count

good point, thanks. I will from now on pay you the attentiion that you deserve as an anonymous internet poster.

Besides, how can they read when they say "dat dur book learnin'" is what creates liberals?

4676afd40ae73353.jpg

doesn't really count

LMAO

Hell it does not matter. Actually I have been reading Dr Seuss to my youngest grandchild for a couple of months now. I think I have the complete Seuss collection in my library.

I do need to get a copy of "My Pet Goat" though.

Last edited:

Actually, it's because the imprints sell copies to right-wing book clubs to pump the sales figures.

keep drinking that kool aid.. friends of al franken :eek:

Look at the best seller list on any given week. Most of those right-wing titles that are near the top will have a dagger beside them to signify those bulk purchases.

For the record, this isn't the case with Palin's book. It has actually been popular on it's own.

Forum List

Back