Palin Book Goes Platinum

You know........if I'd originally started by stating I was going to sell my book for 30 bucks, and then drop it down to 4.95, I'd sell a lot of books too!

Throw behind it all the GOP 'tards that have bulk purchased it, well........there ya go.

Remember, Pet Rocks sold a lot when they first came out as well...........

That $4.95 price is with a subscription for a magazine. Can't think of it now . . .saw that advert yesterday on the tube.

The book is going for $20 at Walmart and Target.

Not to mention that is isn't Sarah selling it. Damn, the ignorance around here is impressive!

The book is owned by the publisher. It's not fucking vanity publishing - it's a standard publishing contract which, while the terms may vary slightly, means that the rights to the book are owned by the publishers - with probably a percentage of profits going to Sarah after the publishers have recouped their costs.

Just so we're all clear.... it would be great to argue on facts instead of fiction!

Right. Even though she's doing a book tour, and standing up fans.

The book may be owned by the publisher, but intellectual rights go to the author.

That $4.95 price is with a subscription for a magazine. Can't think of it now . . .saw that advert yesterday on the tube.

Not to mention that is isn't Sarah selling it. Damn, the ignorance around here is impressive!

The book is owned by the publisher. It's not fucking vanity publishing - it's a standard publishing contract which, while the terms may vary slightly, means that the rights to the book are owned by the publishers - with probably a percentage of profits going to Sarah after the publishers have recouped their costs.

Just so we're all clear.... it would be great to argue on facts instead of fiction!

Right. Even though she's doing a book tour, and standing up fans.

The book may be owned by the publisher, but intellectual rights go to the author.

Oh, good God, AGay, even you are not that stupid. Yea, owned by publisher. IP rights may or may not be owned by Sarah - often book deals involved the IP rights being signed over so, without sight of the contract, that is unknowable.

However, what we do know - at least those of us who have not destroyed our intellect with drug use - is that the PUBLISHER organized the book tour. They decided how long Palin spent in each location - the fault - if there is actually any fault - is with the publisher. However, if you feel you need s straw to beat Palin with, please do continue - at the expense of your own credibility.

Lord knows, Palin gives anyone with the capacity to think, plenty of ammunition to shoot at her, I fail to understand why the obsession over something that was, in fact, nothing to do with her.

Yeah, but he's thinking of things like this.
Conservative Book Club: Get 3 Conservative Books for $1.00 each!
Easy to see why Beck's book is in the top ten when you can pick it up for a buck.

(note: Palin's book is not available there, before anyone feels the need to point that out)

Is that one of those sites where you get to buy so many for a buck with the agreement that you have to buy so many more for full price? They're making bucks fo' sho.

Still comes out a lot cheaper on average.

NEW YORK – "Going Rogue" has gone platinum.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis said Tuesday that just two weeks after publication, Sarah Palin's memoir has sold 1 million copies. The print run for "Going Rogue" has been increased again, to 2.8 million copies. The original printing was 1.5 million, then moved up to 2.5 million.

"Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life."

Palin book goes platinum - Yahoo! News

Wow! :clap2:

Good for her.

NEW YORK – "Going Rogue" has gone platinum.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis said Tuesday that just two weeks after publication, Sarah Palin's memoir has sold 1 million copies. The print run for "Going Rogue" has been increased again, to 2.8 million copies. The original printing was 1.5 million, then moved up to 2.5 million.

"Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life."

Palin book goes platinum - Yahoo! News

Wow! :clap2:

Good for her.

Yes it is.

1.5 million to 2.5 million to 2.8 million printing. She just keeps going and going and going. Hey look, "Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life." :lol: :lol:

Someone's been listening to Rush lol.

I've never listened to Rush. Saw him on the tube once. I was just quoting from the OP, which was from the AP. ;)

I guess Rush was quoting AP then too; that is pretty much word for word what he said (same order, even). Not surprised he didn't attribute the source.

I wonder if her ghost-writer gets royalties r/t sales, or is it just a flat-rate kinda thing ?

Depends on the contract. If the ghost-writer was smart and had a good agent, she would of gone for the royalties based on sales. However, I'm sure Palin might of strongarmed it for a flat-rate.

Though to be quite honest, if Twilight can sell a lot of books, no doubt in my mind that Going Rogue can.

And they have more in common with each other than meets the eye. :lol:

I bought mine yesterday. I want her to die a fabulously rich woman. and it's all because of the demons,, I love it when conservatives get rich off the demons bitching..

Oh com'n Willow Tree, you didn't buy that book, fess up, it would be toooooooooooo much for that liberal brain of yours to take if you actually read some TRUTH and FACTS about the woman you love to denigrate. You do know that her book has been FACT CHECKED by 11 different Associated Press Journalists, Obama's two books have never been fact checked.

God forbid that liberals buy her book, then they might actually start posting an intelligent criticism of her, that may even be based in FACT.:lol:

where will all the copies that were purchased in mass bulk by right-wing groups to inflate sales end up?

I bought a million all on my own, just to make sure that you will do more than just choke down the feathers of that whole crow that you will be swallowing soon.:lol::lol:

For 2 weeks straight they advertised on the tv that the book was being sold by newsmax I believe, for just $4.95 cents...less than what a paperback book costs!

Why would the price of it drop so much? down from $20 bucks, I had thought???

Care to prove that statement????????????????? Yeaaaaaaaaaaah suuuuuuuuuuuuure he didn't. In fact. would you care to prove that Palin had one.:lol::lol::lol:

Lynn Vincent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarah Palin picks conservative author to assist on memoir | StarTribune.com

He shoots and he scores!

Only you could consider that a score. It's common knowledge that Palin had a ghostwriter. At least she made it public, rather than lying about it.

Forum List

Back