Palin Book Goes Platinum

NEW YORK – "Going Rogue" has gone platinum.

HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis said Tuesday that just two weeks after publication, Sarah Palin's memoir has sold 1 million copies. The print run for "Going Rogue" has been increased again, to 2.8 million copies. The original printing was 1.5 million, then moved up to 2.5 million.

"Going Rogue" joins a select club of million-selling political memoirs that includes Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," Hillary Rodham Clinton's "Living History" and Bill Clinton's "My Life."

Palin book goes platinum - Yahoo! News

Irregular Times: News Unfit for Print » Blog Archive » Even Before Release Date, Sarah Palin’s Book Hits the Bargain Bin

A few questions for you conservative Wasilla Chihuahua leash holders..........(I call you that because ALL of you are drooling over the chance that one day, you might get to walk with the Pale One)...........

First............how much did Obama's book start out at, and, what was the price of it a month later?

Second.........how much did the Wasilla Chihuahua's book start at, and what's it's price now?

'Nuff said.

A few questions for you conservative Wasilla Chihuahua leash holders..........(I call you that because ALL of you are drooling over the chance that one day, you might get to walk with the Pale One)...........

First............how much did Obama's book start out at, and, what was the price of it a month later?

Second.........how much did the Wasilla Chihuahua's book start at, and what's it's price now?

'Nuff said.

Third.... I have 14 apples at @ 5 cents each. How many orangutans can I buy for $1.52?

'Nuff said.

Third.... I have 14 apples at @ 5 cents each. How many orangutans can I buy for $1.52?

Don't confuse him with your higher math. :lol:

'Nuff said.

Don't confuse him with your higher math. :lol:

My bad. :lol::lol::lol: He stupid. :eusa_shhh:

Zona, honey, you're making an idiot of yourself. News Max aren't 'giving them away for free'... they are using a sought after product as a hook to get people to buy other things - namely magazine subscriptions. They aren't just handing them out to anyone who asks for one. It's a marketing tactic, sweetpea. They are using Palin's book BECAUSE it is so popular, not because no one wants it.

I apologize for interjecting facts into your rant. Carry on.

My point is, sweety...they bought truck loads of them...TRUCKLOADS...and you wonder why its number one? LOL. Are you new to this game?

You do know they are reduced to 8 bucks at walmart and i believe amazon has them for less than 12.

What was the original price?

Well, there you go.

When did they do this? I just bought a copy last week for $20.

old, but...

Walmart.com dropped price from list price of $28.99 to $10, then to $9 and below as other retailers matched it. On October 15, Walmart.com began offering preorders of Going Rogue, along with nine other new book releases, for $10. After Amazon.com reportedly matched the price, Walmart.com "str[uck] back, slashing its prices to $9" [AOL Daily Finance, 10/16/09]. Amazon also dropped its price to $9 [Buzzflash.com, 10/19/09]. Target.com joined in the price war, prompting Walmart.com to drop its price further [The New Yorker, 11/9/09]. By November 5, Walmart.com was selling the book for $8.98, Target.com was selling it for $8.99, and Amazon was selling it for $9. The respective retailers were still selling the book at those prices as of November 16. All three retailers give the book's list price as $28.99. Screen shots of the November 5 prices are below:

And lets not forget, its free on newsmax....No wonder its number 1?

Major retailers reportedly selling Palin's Going Rogue below cost | Media Matters for America

'Nuff said.

palin-iquitarod.jpg

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."

2. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."

3. The response to the "gotcha question" .. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

4. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan."

There are people out there who actually defend this dolt.

My point is, sweety...they bought truck loads of them...TRUCKLOADS...and you wonder why its number one? LOL. Are you new to this game?

You do know they are reduced to 8 bucks at walmart and i believe amazon has them for less than 12.

What was the original price?

Well, there you go.

When did they do this? I just bought a copy last week for $20.

old, but...

Walmart.com dropped price from list price of $28.99 to $10, then to $9 and below as other retailers matched it. On October 15, Walmart.com began offering preorders of Going Rogue, along with nine other new book releases, for $10. After Amazon.com reportedly matched the price, Walmart.com "str[uck] back, slashing its prices to $9" [AOL Daily Finance, 10/16/09]. Amazon also dropped its price to $9 [Buzzflash.com, 10/19/09]. Target.com joined in the price war, prompting Walmart.com to drop its price further [The New Yorker, 11/9/09]. By November 5, Walmart.com was selling the book for $8.98, Target.com was selling it for $8.99, and Amazon was selling it for $9. The respective retailers were still selling the book at those prices as of November 16. All three retailers give the book's list price as $28.99. Screen shots of the November 5 prices are below:

And lets not forget, its free on newsmax....No wonder its number 1?

Major retailers reportedly selling Palin's Going Rogue below cost | Media Matters for America

Damn, wish I had picked on up at the pre-order price. Good deals. As of today:

Target.com $20.99 New Releases : Books : Target

Walmart.com $14.49 Walmart.com: Going Rogue: An American Life, Palin, Sarah: Biography & Memoirs

Amazon.com $14.50 [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Going-Rogue-American-Sarah-Palin/dp/0061939897/ref=pd_ts_zgc_b_books_1_i?ie=UTF8&s=books&pf_rd_p=475709271&pf_rd_s=right-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=283155&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=014DVP5MS4VYSB71TFKM]Amazon.com: Going Rogue: An American Life (9780061939891): Sarah Palin: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back