Palestinian children tortured, used as shields by Israel: U.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel is accused of abusing Palestinian children– again

"Today, the U.N. Committee*on the Rights of the Child**accused Israeli forces of torturing Palestinian children.The report (pdf)comes within a year of three other reports: a*UNICEF reporton children in military detention last winter; a British report of a year ago,Children in Military Custody, which gained*wide attention*for its assertion that Israel was torturing children by holding them "routinely and for substantial periods in solitary confinement;" and*this Breaking the Silence report*last summer on Israeli soldiers' abuses of Palestinian children, which included many reports of children getting beaten "to a pulp."" *Israel is accused of abusing Palestinian children-- again. There are weekly reports of torture and abuse, too. Is there enough paper to write down all the abuses against the child Israel carries out?

SherriMunnerlyn, et al,

All wars have horror stories. There is nothing worse than the tragedy suffered by the innocent; especially children. It is an expected, if unintended consequence of conflict.

I was just reading an article written about a doctors experiences and observations about Gaza, he worked in Gaza providing medical aid to the people there doing Cast Lead. He speaks about the children, like a little girl evacuated out of Gaza in January 2009, named Samar 'Abd Rabbo. She was the little girl who the IDF shot in the back, as her two sisters were killed on the spot. She was sent to Brussels for rehabilitation, and is paralyzed from the nipples down. He says other children are staying behind in Gaza, needing rehabilitation. He points out Gaza has a population now of 1.6 million people and 60%, approximately, are 18 and below. In 2012, he speaks of the lack of psychosocial and psychological rehabilitation mas perhaps being one of "the most devastating effects of the very deliberate, very cynical, very in detail, planned siege of Gaza." *Dr. Mads Gilbert has described his experience in Gaza during Cast Lead as "the “most horrific experience” of his life, a grim honor previously held by Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon, which Gilbert also witnessed."
(COMMENT)

That is an interesting observation. Only 40% of the population is adult?

Age Structure[edit]
  • 0-14 years: 44.7% (male 343,988/female 325,856)
  • 15-64 years: 52.7% (male 403,855/female 386,681)
  • 65 years and over: 2.7% (male 16,196/female 23,626) (2008 est.)

The "lack of psychosocial and psychological rehabilitation" has been an auxiliary factor for most wars in history. It has only been in the last century that consideration was even given any real attention; and that only on the margin.

Gilbert spent over two weeks as one of the only foreign doctors in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead, and worked at Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. He told the grandfather of Jumana Samouni he was going to the US when he was in Gaza And asked what do you want me to say to them there and he was told, “tell them your tax money is killing us.”
(COMMENT)

Yes, this is a double edge sword: “tell them your tax money is killing us.”

There are very few wars that don't result in death and destruction; and the heart breaking stories - like the one illuminated here. But having said that, the Operation Cast Lead was less than a month in duration, with a clear military objective of interdicting rocket fire into Israel and curtailing illicit small arms and light weapons traffic.

The proximate cause of the particular operation was rocket fire and illicit weapons trafficking; and that was in the hands of the Gazian.

• Who bought the rockets?
  • Who was trafficking in small arms and light weapons?

The elimination of these two factors as a cause, would have also eliminated the consequence of Operation Cast Lead.

Most Respectfully,
R

SherriMunnerlyn, et al,

All wars have horror stories. There is nothing worse than the tragedy suffered by the innocent; especially children. It is an expected, if unintended consequence of conflict.

I was just reading an article written about a doctors experiences and observations about Gaza, he worked in Gaza providing medical aid to the people there doing Cast Lead. He speaks about the children, like a little girl evacuated out of Gaza in January 2009, named Samar 'Abd Rabbo. She was the little girl who the IDF shot in the back, as her two sisters were killed on the spot. She was sent to Brussels for rehabilitation, and is paralyzed from the nipples down. He says other children are staying behind in Gaza, needing rehabilitation. He points out Gaza has a population now of 1.6 million people and 60%, approximately, are 18 and below. In 2012, he speaks of the lack of psychosocial and psychological rehabilitation mas perhaps being one of "the most devastating effects of the very deliberate, very cynical, very in detail, planned siege of Gaza." *Dr. Mads Gilbert has described his experience in Gaza during Cast Lead as "the “most horrific experience” of his life, a grim honor previously held by Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon, which Gilbert also witnessed."
(COMMENT)

That is an interesting observation. Only 40% of the population is adult?

Age Structure[edit]
  • 0-14 years: 44.7% (male 343,988/female 325,856)
  • 15-64 years: 52.7% (male 403,855/female 386,681)
  • 65 years and over: 2.7% (male 16,196/female 23,626) (2008 est.)

The "lack of psychosocial and psychological rehabilitation" has been an auxiliary factor for most wars in history. It has only been in the last century that consideration was even given any real attention; and that only on the margin.

Gilbert spent over two weeks as one of the only foreign doctors in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead, and worked at Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. He told the grandfather of Jumana Samouni he was going to the US when he was in Gaza And asked what do you want me to say to them there and he was told, “tell them your tax money is killing us.”
(COMMENT)

Yes, this is a double edge sword: “tell them your tax money is killing us.”

There are very few wars that don't result in death and destruction; and the heart breaking stories - like the one illuminated here. But having said that, the Operation Cast Lead was less than a month in duration, with a clear military objective of interdicting rocket fire into Israel and curtailing illicit small arms and light weapons traffic.

The proximate cause of the particular operation was rocket fire and illicit weapons trafficking; and that was in the hands of the Gazian.

• Who bought the rockets?
  • Who was trafficking in small arms and light weapons?

The elimination of these two factors as a cause, would have also eliminated the consequence of Operation Cast Lead.

Most Respectfully,
R

Nothing you write justifies Israels deliberate abuses of and torture of the Palestinian child. These are not accidental and unfortunate occurences, they are deliberate and intentional acts designed to hurt and abuse and violate legal rights and human rights of the child. We have a population in Gaza that is over 60 percent of which is children. We watched Cast Lead and we watched deliberate attacks on this civilian population and on these children. 344 children were deliberstely massacred by the IDF in CL, there is no justificatiom for that.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b2QhQQpHck&list=PL9E476573C29E7B93]Australian in Palestine account of children suicide bombers - YouTube[/ame]

RAMALLAH, 11 June 2009] – "Today, DCI-Palestine is releasing a*report*which documents the widespread ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children at the hands of the Israeli army and police force –*Palestinian Child Prisoners: The systematic and institutionalised ill-treatment and torture of Palestinian children by Israeli authorities.The release of the report comes just days after an*article*was published in*The Independent newspaper reporting the testimonies of two Israeli soldiers which detail the deliberate abuse of Palestinian children. One soldier is reported as saying that in an incident that occurred in a Palestinian village in March, he saw a lot of soldiers ‘just knee (Palestinians) because it's boring, because you stand there for 10 hours, you’re not doing anything, so they beat people." This report concludes this widespread/systematic abuse occurs with Impunity; 600 complaints were made for alleged ill-treatment/ torture, and there was not a single criminal investigation ever conducted. And disturbingly, the report finds illegally obtained confessions are regularly used as evidence in the military courts to convict around 700 Palestinian children every year with the most common charge against these children being for throwing stones. Once sentenced, the children who gave these testimonies were mostly imprisoned inside Israel in violation of The Fourth Geneva Convention and were unlawfully denied family visits and education. http://www.dci-pal.org/english/display.cfm?DocId=1162&CategoryId=1

Last edited:
I just have to laugh at all this Hasbara Propaganda about suicide bombers. They stopped years ago and your video is a Zionist Hasbara lie . Deal with Today and Israels deliberate war crimes against children in Palestine.

I just have to laugh at all this Hasbara Propaganda about suicide bombers. They stopped years ago and your video is a Zionist Hasbara lie . Deal with Today and Israels deliberate war crimes against children in Palestine.

The wall and checkpoints have minimized them together with extremely stringent security measures. After all Israel's main responsibility is to look after its citizens, both Jewish and Muslim.

What you don't understand though is the real cruelty is coming from those childrens' own communities using them as a means to attack soldiers and citizens and then crying "foul" when the children are taken into questioning to find out who put them up to the crimes.

I have yet to find proof about any claims you have posted Sherri, so it is not surprising you are ignored.

The argument seems to be; it's okay to brutalise Palestinian kids because six Israel kids have also been hurt.
Not much of an argument.

The thread is about Israeli government/IDF crimes and opinions about those crimes; not justification because six Israeli kids have been hurt over a span of 13 years.

Yes, children being hurt is always bad news but the fact a few have been hurt on one side is hardly excuse for hurting kids on the other.

That shows what sort of nasty people are posting on here.

Since no supporter of Israel in this thread has suggested what you are claiming they have stated - it actually shows what kinds of foul turds are floating about the cesspit of your own mind, nobody else's.

Perhaps if you weren't so married malignant meme that 'Zionism is racism', you might be able to see that?

The wall and checkpoints have minimized them together with extremely stringent security measures. After all Israel's main responsibility is to look after its citizens, both Jewish and Muslim.

What you don't understand though is the real cruelty is coming from those childrens' own communities using them as a means to attack soldiers and citizens and then crying "foul" when the children are taken into questioning to find out who put them up to the crimes.

I have yet to find proof about any claims you have posted Sherri, so it is not surprising you are ignored.

I cannot open the eyes of blind Zionist holding their eyes deliberately tightly shut so they do not see Zionist crimes . The torture and other abuses against children is well documented. And if I were really being ignored, as you claim, then you would not be here responding to my posts. The UN Committee calls The Wall itself a crime against children. The Wall itself is a big part of Israels lynchpins of Apartheid.

I think Israel is who wants attention. The abuse of the chid is a cry for attention that never ceases. 24/7 the abuses continue forward.

The real cruelty is people in authority misusing children - whether it's Hamas using them as suicide bombers or Israel brutalizing them in their justice system.

What I don't understand is your steadfast refusal to condemn it. It's been well documented by UNICEF, the UN, and various human rights organizations. In fact, the same agencies that condemned Hamas for using children in warfare. Somehow - when it's condemning Israel - it's all lies and propaganda and unfounded accusations. Is it the same when it's condemning Hamas?

I think Israel is who wants attention. The abuse of the chid is a cry for attention that never ceases. 24/7 the abuses continue forward.
How in the world can any Israeli get work done when there are so many Palestinian children to abuse, kill, maim, torture, imprison, bomb and steal their candy?

Paragraph 35 of UN Reporf, pg 9- Entitled Violence against children Torture and other cruel or degrading treatment or punishment. The Committee expresses deep concern about the reported practice of torture and ill treatment of Palestinian children arrested and prosecuted and detained by the military and police. Despite repeated concerns expressed by treaty bodies and special procedures mandate holders and UN organizations, the practice continues. The Committee is concerned about the practice of Israel of routinely arresting children in the middle of the night by soldiers entering houses and shouting and hand tying and blind folding children who are taken away to unknown destinations without even being allowed to say goodbye to their parents. The Committee expresses deep concern over children systematically being subjected to physical and verbal violence and humiliation and painful restraints and hooding of the head and face in a sack, and children being threatened with death and physical violence and sexual assault against themselves or members of their family and restricted access to toilet and food and water. These practices are perpetrated from the time of arrest, during transfer and interrogation, to obtain a confession and also on an arbitrary basis subsequently as well as during pre trial detention. The UN Committee is also deeply concerned about hildren held in solitary confinement, sometimes for months. The Committee points out these practices violate not only article 37 of the Convention but also violate constitute a grave breach of Article 32 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. (Grave breaches of the Fourth Geneva Convention are war crimes) The Committee urges Israel to remove all children from solitary confinement, investigate all alleged cases of torture, ensure there are adequate complaint mechanisms in place, ensure there are investigations of torture allegations, ensure physical and psychological recovery to victims of abuse. Racial Discrimination Convention - Consideration of Israel's 14th to 16th periodic reports/Occupied Palestinian Territory, Jerusalem, Golan heights - CERD concluding observations (Adv. unedited version - excerpts) (9 March 2012)
You know, Frau Sherri, you can blabber on and on about what the biased UN says, but the fact of the matter is that your Muslim friends have tortured and killed so many children that it isn't funny. I know all this torturing and murder by your friends doesn't involve the Jews, but do a little research at least from time to time to see what your friends are up to.

The real cruelty is people in authority misusing children - whether it's Hamas using them as suicide bombers or Israel brutalizing them in their justice system.

What I don't understand is your steadfast refusal to condemn it. It's been well documented by UNICEF, the UN, and various human rights organizations. In fact, the same agencies that condemned Hamas for using children in warfare. Somehow - when it's condemning Israel - it's all lies and propaganda and unfounded accusations. Is it the same when it's condemning Hamas?

We have more proof that Hamas violates the Geneva Convention with regards to children than the copy and paste stuff from Sherri. It is well know that the UN has an agenda against Israel whereas the UN have to condemn Hamas since we have visual proof and Hamas's admission they are proud to use children as human shields.

Here, we see what Zionism looks like for a detained Palestinian child. "Voices from the Occupation: Ahmad F. - Detention " His name is Ahmad F, he was arrested *6 July 2011. He was 15, arrested from Burin village, in the Occupied West Bank. He was accused of throwing stones. Here is an excerpt of his testimony and some of what he experienced. "At one point, whilst Ahmad was waiting outside, some soldiers brought a dog and Ahmad was pushed to the ground. “I managed to see the dog from under my blindfold,” he says. “They brought the dog’s food and put it on my head. I think it was a piece of bread, and the dog had to eat it off my head. His saliva started drooling all over* my head and that freaked me out. I was so scared my body started shaking because I thought he was going to bite me. They saw me shaking and started laughing and making fun of me.* Then they put another piece of bread on my trousers near my genitals, so I tried to move away but he started barking. I was terrified." Voices from the Occupation: Ahmad F. - Detention | Defence for Children International Palestine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back