Palestine: the things you don’t hear about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t you allow even one thread to say positive things about Palestinians without out trolling it? I count numerous pro-Israeli threads. Go wreck one of those instead,

Really?! Did you read the threads intended to say positive things about Israel? Did you police the trolling on those threads? Did you make sure it was only about positive things? Did you call them out on posts which didn't fit that positive thing trope? Did you call Team P out on trolling threads that are meant to be positive only?

Did you want to support objective standards here? Or what? There seems to be a double standard at play here.

Dr_AIfFU0AADVMd.jpg
Why can’t you allow even one thread to say positive things about Palestinians without out trolling it? I count numerous pro-Israeli threads. Go wreck one of those instead,
Thank you. There are already several "Brand Israel" threads where Israel implies that it is the only country improving lives around the world.

Palestine runs on very slim resources determined by Israel. Any improvements or even surviving requires considerable ingenuity.

Israel, on the other hand, is showered with foreign aid, foreign donors, and corporate and academic cooperation. Of course it will have a higher level of achievement.

Thank you for honoring what the Palestinians have achieved while working with almost nothing.

Palestinians are showering in oil-money from Muslim countries.
Palestinians is the only group insisting that millionaire fashion models in the US deserve welfare aid.
Palestinians run exclusive aid agency UNRWA, which steals billions aid from actual refugees in need.

There's nothing to honor here.

Dr6lMKIU4AAU1SK.jpg

According to data Palestinians are the richest refugees in the world, and they intend on keeping that privileged status:

Dsh-mJSU0AAkFWJ.jpg

Apparently we're not supposed to ask hard questions about Palestinian exploitation of "poverty" and "refugee" status that allow for US top fashion millionaire models still be counted as refugees applicable for "aid".

Nobody is supposed to ask why Palestinians across the world receive 2 salaries,
while the rest of us need to work.

Last edited:

Really?! Did you read the threads intended to say positive things about Israel? Did you police the trolling on those threads? Did you make sure it was only about positive things? Did you call them out on posts which didn't fit that positive thing trope? Did you call Team P out on trolling threads that are meant to be positive only?

Did you want to support objective standards here? Or what? There seems to be a double standard at play here.

Yes.

For example this thread: Your Favorite Things About Israel

A fun, light PLEASANT thread on cool Israeli stuff. IE..positive tropes that we have in fact moderated several times to cull out the trolling.

Now let me ask you. Why is it it so impossible to allow one thread like that for the Palestinians? Something besides hate, dead bodies, blah blah blah.

Why does Team Israel have to destroy and marginalize anything positive about Palestinians?

Double standards?

Please keep the politics and conflict of I/P out of this thread...there are a multitude of threads for that already, including UN. This is intended to be for culture, fun stuff, or just plain interesting stuff you don’t normally hear about. Is it too much to ask?

Last edited:

Yes.

A fun, light PLEASANT thread on cool Israeli stuff. IE..positive tropes that we have in fact moderated several times to cull out the trolling.

Now let me ask you. Why is it it so impossible to allow one thread like that for the Palestinians? Something besides hate, dead bodies, blah blah blah.

Why does Team Israel have to destroy and marginalize anything positive about Palestinians?

Double standards?

That's a bad joke right?
The "Favourite" thread is routinely bombarded with the most vile antisemitic remarks, all You need to do is look at the recent pages. It is positive because WE post positive light things, and because it was clearly explained what the thread is about in the opening post.

How does posting anti-Israel films keep this thread positive?
Why is it that in every thread You open about Palestinians Your main target is Israel?

I don't think its too much to expect that people walk their own talk.

Please keep the politics and conflict of I/P out of this thread...there are a multitude of threads for that already, including UN. This is intended to be for culture, fun stuff, or just plain interesting stuff you don’t normally hear about. Is it too much to ask?

Not much to ask, but I think it's top hypocrisy to invent new rules, once people post things not to Your personal liking.

That's an excellent question. It so happens I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Anything "positive about Palestinians" humanizes them, makes them recognizable as individuals, even as humans who are just like "us" (whatever "us" is). Seeing them as humans - just like us - demands a change of perception, a change of behavior toward them, demands we emphasize with them, at least acknowledgment of their suffering. That realization, once it sunk in, stands in the way of the usual dehumanization of Palestinians, which is the precursor of policies aimed at their subjugation, expulsion, or whatever atrocities history might hold in store for them. Therefore, anything positive about Palestinians needs to be destroyed, besmirched, ridiculed or otherwise be trampled over.

There is, quite obviously, the mirror image of the same dynamic that wouldn't suffer anything positive about Jews without trampling all over it.

The good, the bad, and the ugly, are about evenly distributed throughout humankind. That's the only reasonable position to take. This thread aims at demonstrating that same holds with respect to the otherwise widely besmirched and dehumanized Palestinians. That's its merit. Whoever values the Palestinians' humanity, and their very own, should - must - support this thread.

The luxury and good life that Palestinian propaganda will never show

Mensions, iphones, led screens, basketball, Starbucks, sports cars...You name it...
while on the other side of the street there're UNRWA refugees (of lower cast families) who are intentionally kept by these people in camps for decades.

These are the Palestinians who were lucky to be born in the "right family" cast:

Mensions, iphones, led screens, basketball, Starbucks, sports cars...You name it...
while on the other side of the street there're UNRWA refugees (of lower cast families) who are intentionally kept by these people in camps for decades.

This is Palestinian life among those born to the "right family cast"

I have a piece (can't find it right now) about the two tier society in Ramallah.

The folks on the hill, in their mansions, swimming pools, and Fillipino maids. Even different car number plates, and permits to move around in Israel, to their poor brothers 'further down'. What's not to like?

Swimming pools? With water shortages?

That's an excellent question. It so happens I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Anything "positive about Palestinians" humanizes them, makes them recognizable as individuals, even as humans who are just like "us" (whatever "us" is). Seeing them as humans - just like us - demands a change of perception, a change of behavior toward them, demands we emphasize with them, at least acknowledgment of their suffering. That realization, once it sunk in, stands in the way of the usual dehumanization of Palestinians, which is the precursor of policies aimed at their subjugation, expulsion, or whatever atrocities history might hold in store for them. Therefore, anything positive about Palestinians needs to be destroyed, besmirched, ridiculed or otherwise be trampled over.

There is, quite obviously, the mirror image of the same dynamic that wouldn't suffer anything positive about Jews without trampling all over it.

The good, the bad, and the ugly, are about evenly distributed throughout humankind. That's the only reasonable position to take. This thread aims at demonstrating that same holds with respect to the otherwise widely besmirched and dehumanized Palestinians. That's its merit. Whoever values the Palestinians' humanity, and their very own, should - must - support this thread.
Indeed, the Palestinians have gone from non existence to this in a few decades.

I have a piece (can't find it right now) about the two tier society in Ramallah.

The folks on the hill, in their mansions, swimming pools, and Fillipino maids. Even different car number plates, and permits to move around in Israel, to their poor brothers 'further down'. What's not to like?

The Palestinian cast system is a lucrative business,
weaker layers of population are intentionally kept at the bottom,
to generate solidarity and earn the bourgeois families billions in aid.

The Palestinian cast system is a lucrative business,
weaker layers of population are intentionally kept at the bottom, to generate solidarity and generate billions in aid.

When did You ever hear a Palestinian activist or a politician raise this internal issue?

When do we ever read about it in the mainstream press?

Last edited:

Yes.

Double standards?

That's a bad joke right?
The "Favourite" thread is routinely bombarded with the most vile antisemitic remarks, all You need to do is look at the recent pages. It is positive because WE post positive light things, and because it was clearly explained what the thread is about in the opening post.

Why is it that in every thread You open about Palestinians Your main target is Israel?

Report it then. I have sevetal times had to clean it out.

Why is it you always attack Palestinians?

Yes.

Double standards?

That's a bad joke right?

Asks the mod who keeps attacking Israel.
Stop with the hypocrisy.
Only time I will say this. I am pro-Palestinian and I make no secret of that though I an also pro-Israel in that I fully believe in their rights. As a MEMBER I have a right to post my opinions whether you like them or not. There is NO requirenent for me to be neutral or pro Israel what so ever in what I post any more than YOU. Mods can post as members.

Now I am going to speak as a mod. Quit
Trolling this thread. It has a topic.

Given that this place is 90% pro-Israel you have a plentiful assortment of nice pro-Israel threads to select from and an abundance of pali threads. Why do you need to deliberately destroy this one?

Have at it.

Yes.

Double standards?

That's a bad joke right?

Asks the mod who keeps attacking Israel.
Stop with the hypocrisy.
Only time I will say this. I am pro-Palestinian and I make no secret of that though I an also pro-Israel in that I fully believe in their rights. As a MEMBER I have a right to post my opinions whether you like them or not. There is NO requirenent for me to be neutral or pro Israel what so ever in what I post any more than YOU. Mods can post as members.

Now I am going to speak as a mod. Quit
Trolling this thread. It has a topic.

Given that this place is 90% pro-Israel you have a plentiful assortment of nice pro-Israel threads to select from and an abundance of pali threads. Why do you need to deliberately destroy this one?

Have at it.

Did I say anything about neutrality?
Neither of us is neutral, and it's natural..

The problem is we cannot be clear about what You allow or don't allow to post here, if threads are opened with a broad title without specific explanation. How can You expect any freedom of expression if in the middle of a thread You decide to change the rules after people have already developed a conversation ON TOPIC OF THE TITLE?

Please for further clarity, what makes one post about history valid and invalidates another one on the same topic?

Excuse me but , all these new rues in the middle of a conversation are very confusing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back