Your Favorite Things About Israel

It has been clearly demonstrated to you that Hashem alone is God; there is none beside Him.
Deuteronomy 4:35 (The Israel Bibleā„¢)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

a-TAH ha-rā€™-ay-TA la-DA-at KEE a-do-NAI HU ha-e-lo-HEEM AYN OD mi-lā€™-va-DO

Forging Relationships
Our greatest ability as humans is our capacity to think and ponder. In this verse, we are told that we must recognize, or know about, the existence of the one true God. The Hebrew phrase in this verse for ā€˜clearly demonstratedā€™ is harā€™eita ladaā€™at (ה×Øא×Ŗ לדע×Ŗ). However, in Biblical Hebrew, daā€™at also refers to a deep, intimate connection, as in, ā€œNow the man knew his wife Chavaā€ (Genesis 4:1). It therefore follows that the verse actually means that as humans, we are required not just to know about Hashem, but also to forge a deep connection with Him, the Almighty Creator.

So the elders of the Yehudim progressed in the building, urged on by the prophesying of Chagai the Navi and Zecharya son of Ido, and they brought the building to completion under the aegis of the God of Yisrael and by the order of Cyrus and Darius and King Artaxerxes of Persia
Ezra 6:14 (The Israel Bibleā„¢)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

vā€™-sha-VAY yā€™-hu-da-YAY ba-NA-yin u-matz-lā€™-KHEEN bin-vu-AT kha-GAI nā€™-vi-YAH
uz-khar-YAH bar i-DO uv-NO vā€™-shakh-LI-lu min TA-am e-LAH yis-ra-AYL u-mi-tā€™-AYM
KO-resh vā€™-dar-YA-vesh vā€™-ar-takh-SHAS-tā€™ ME-lekh pa-RAS

God's Agents
The autonomy of the Jewish people has often been subject to the blessings or restraints of foreigners. Cyrusā€™s edict to allow the People of Israel to return to the Land of Israel and rebuild the Beit Hamikdash (Holy Temple) was a ray of hope in a bleak time. Persian approval of Jewish authority constituted a remarkable turning of the tide for the exiled Jews. Though construction of the Temple was temporarily halted, it was eventually completed in the sixth year of the reign of Darius, with his permission. The British Governmentā€™s 1917 Balfour Declaration possessed similar promise when it declared: ā€œHis Majestyā€™s government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object.ā€ In both these cases, it was non-Jews serving as Godā€™s agents who facilitated the return of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel.

Remember this guy from Corey's video?

His name is Yonatan Sharon,
and he's apparently also a freaking mother percussion virtuoso!

Yonatan Sharon and Matityahu Pe'er - improvisation in the Judean mountains

Last edited:
Well they donā€™t call it the start-up nation for nothing....
spotted in
#TelAviv

Ds5NgHxVYAEW1Nv.jpg

StandWithUs on Twitter

06923854-9033-4e9d-9c70-e96e0b174a28.png

Ancient Olive Grove in Lachish
Photo Credit: Flavio

"I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever."
Psalms 52:10

Forum List

Back