paleontology, for those who loves dinosaurs

Another of your emotional outbursts. Your claim that the photo is "authentic" is somehow not convincing.

Haha. Just because I use smilies :rolleyes:? Get a sense of humor, girl/woman/beotch.

Clifford Paiva and Jonathan Whitcomb.

Bible Timetable Verified in Pterosaur Photo – Report Your Sighting

https://www.livingpterosaurs.com/blog/?tag=photo&print=pdf-search

Scientific Paper on Extant Pterosaurs – Pterodactyl Alive

I'll accept your post #379 as conceding defeat.

I'm still waiting for you to provide some peer reviewed data.

Thanks.

Update:

I, Jonathan Whitcomb, have completely withdrawn my support for the concept that the Ptp image (also known with titles like “pterodactyl photo” and “Civil War Pteranodon photo”) is a genuine photograph recorded during the American Civil War. It now appears that part of an episode of Walking With Dinosaurs has a wing, on an animated pterosaur, that is extremely close to the left wing in Ptp.

I apologize. I should have waited for some evidence of provenance before jumping into looking for evidence for the authenticity of this image. I take full responsibility for my blunder.

High time you did the same, James..

Finally, you have something. Whitcomb published a book on with the photo on the cover. One of things I was waiting for was the book from the 60s or so which has the photo in it as claimed. What else do you have to explain to relate the photo to the show? Also, when are you going to apologize to Jesus for your heathen comments?

You must have wax in your eyeballs. I've said many times creation scientists peer review their own work. Why don't you tell those farking atheist/secular scientists to let the creation scientists back in on the peer reviews? Then, we should get some fairer peer reviews. Gawd you are dumb!

You must have wax in your eyeballs. I've said many times creation scientists peer review their own work. Why don't you tell those farking atheist/secular scientists to let the creation scientists back in on the peer reviews? Then, we should get some fairer peer reviews. Gawd you are dumb!

Your emotional outbursts are becoming more strident.

Shall I take your sidestepping to indicate that you cannot provide any peer reviewed evidence of your specious claims?

Shall I take your sidestepping to indicate that you cannot provide any peer reviewed evidence of your specious claims?

:rolleyes: I already did. If you won't accept the photo, there are other links to take you to cryptozoology and pterandon and pterosaur sightings.

Now, give me what I asked for pages ago. Where is the evidence of feathered dinosaurs? I already provided the peer reviewed evidence against it by OSU.

:rolleyes: I already did. If you won't accept the photo, there are other links to take you to cryptozoology and pterandon and pterosaur sightings.

Now, give me what I asked for pages ago. Where is the evidence of feathered dinosaurs? I already provided the peer reviewed evidence against it by OSU.

It's a shame you are so willing to be an accomplice to fraud. While your gullibility makes you a convenient "mark" to charlatans, why would you presume others are going to share your fraud?

Still, still waiting for you to provide peer reviewed data. Are you just too dishonest to admit your fraud?

Wow. You really did go full retard. Never go full retard man.

The full retard is the product of anyone bangin' your mom. C'mon where is your explanation for Aristotle, full retard? That would be a swell new handle for you.

So let me get this straight. Aristotle thought that fossils proved that animals could go extinct and just because you could find their remains doesn't in fact mean that they live in the world at the same time as him.

Other ancient civilizations believed that if you dug up the bones, even if you couldn't find the animal, it must be some mystical being living on top of a mountain you can't reach, deep inside the earth, or fly down from the sun occasionally.

And you are sticking with #2 here. lol

Boy do I have some bad news for you. Those same civilizations also believed that an eclipse wasn't an aligning of Earth, the Moon and the sun, but rather that the Sun god was unhappy. They believed that "shooting stars" were actual Stars crashing into the earth and not meteors. They believed that vapor cooling didn't cause rain, but rather sacrifice.

I'm sorry but if you believe rather than extinction being a possibility, Dinosaur bones are of dragons who rule the weather WITH the aid of modern science... you've gone full retard

Update:

I, Jonathan Whitcomb, have completely withdrawn my support for the concept that the Ptp image (also known with titles like “pterodactyl photo” and “Civil War Pteranodon photo”) is a genuine photograph recorded during the American Civil War. It now appears that part of an episode of Walking With Dinosaurs has a wing, on an animated pterosaur, that is extremely close to the left wing in Ptp.

I apologize. I should have waited for some evidence of provenance before jumping into looking for evidence for the authenticity of this image. I take full responsibility for my blunder.

Finally, you have something. Whitcomb published a book on with the photo on the cover. One of things I was waiting for was the book from the 60s or so which has the photo in it as claimed. What else do you have to explain to relate the photo to the show? Also, when are you going to apologize to Jesus for your heathen comments?
That being a misquote (also against the rules) , I'll quote the slightly longer, full Whitcomb apology this time:
Update:

Original Post

I want to be objective about this photo that appears to have come from around the time of the American Civil War, and it looks like it has a dead Pteranodon on the ground. If I’ve missed something important, please contact me. [Update: As of early November, 2018, I have stopped supporting Ptp.]
Want a book from the 60s or so? Go to the library. Provide some evidence to support your silly claim. But first, give that poor guy a rest. Stop linking to his self-discredited works already. He's admitted to being wrong.

Update:

That being a misquote (also against the rules) , I'll quote the slightly longer, full Whitcomb apology this time:
Update:

Original Post

I want to be objective about this photo that appears to have come from around the time of the American Civil War, and it looks like it has a dead Pteranodon on the ground. If I’ve missed something important, please contact me. [Update: As of early November, 2018, I have stopped supporting Ptp.]
Want a book from the 60s or so? Go to the library. Provide some evidence to support your silly claim. But first, give that poor guy a rest. Stop linking to his self-discredited works already. He's admitted to being wrong.

Well, you can't say stuff like "silly" in a peer review unless it's really off. I don't think you can even joke in one. That said, to me, your birds from dinosaurs is silly. For one, you have giant creatures shrinking into small ones.

What I think is needed in order to contradict the original finding (which is what I was going by), one has to argue against their original authencation. What Whitcomb has done is pull his support with little explanation and an apology. It leads to more questions than a satisfactory argument against the original finding such as what did the prop look like and how was it used in the documentary?. Also, we do not know what his co-author thinks. Furthermore, he could say there has been no evidence of the photo being used in a book from the 60s as we thought (provenance). I think one has to present an effective argument against an original peer-review. It could be a simple, this is the prop used in the documentary as vouched by so-and-so and they validate that it is the prop that is used in the photo.

Instead of telling me what I already know, why don't you find me evidence of birds from dinosaurs? I'm sure the library has that, too. Finally, there is something wrong with your thinking as one self-admitted mistake does not mean that the rest of his work is invalid. That's fallacious thinking which you are full of.

Identify the charlatans you define as “creation scientists” and identify the peer reviewed data they have published.

Earth to Hollie :rolleyes:. I just posted an authentic civil war photo of Northern soldiers with a Pterosaur. That photo was peer-reviewed after it was published in a book way before photoshop.

So despite the inauthenticity of the photo (wrong belt buckles on the soldiers, pterosaur doesn't have the hooked feet on the wings, wrong shaped head of any known pterosaur, etc), AND NOT ONE soldier ever mentioned it. Also NOT ONE person in the 1800s in supposedly an area with pterosaurs ever noticed an animal with a 30 foot wingspan flying around. Nor have we ever found any bones that are not completely fossilized.

Wow, I'm sure that if we nuke ourselves back to the stone age, someone like you will find a childrens picture book with dinosaurs dated 2019 and explain that Dinosaurs roamed the earth at that time. lol

Wow. You really did go full retard. Never go full retard man.

The full retard is the product of anyone bangin' your mom. C'mon where is your explanation for Aristotle, full retard? That would be a swell new handle for you.

So let me get this straight. Aristotle thought that fossils proved that animals could go extinct and just because you could find their remains doesn't in fact mean that they live in the world at the same time as him.

Other ancient civilizations believed that if you dug up the bones, even if you couldn't find the animal, it must be some mystical being living on top of a mountain you can't reach, deep inside the earth, or fly down from the sun occasionally.

And you are sticking with #2 here. lol

Boy do I have some bad news for you. Those same civilizations also believed that an eclipse wasn't an aligning of Earth, the Moon and the sun, but rather that the Sun god was unhappy. They believed that "shooting stars" were actual Stars crashing into the earth and not meteors. They believed that vapor cooling didn't cause rain, but rather sacrifice.

I'm sorry but if you believe rather than extinction being a possibility, Dinosaur bones are of dragons who rule the weather WITH the aid of modern science... you've gone full retard

I think I was pretty clear. You're avoiding explaining how Aristotle knew what a dragon or behemoth looked like from the fossils which you claim he studied. Why don't you explain the process of how he got the fossils then and what kind they were. None of your posts sound scientific, but are more forum fodder.

Also, what does this mean, "Aristotle thought that fossils proved that animals could go extinct and just because you could find their remains doesn't in fact mean that they live in the world at the same time as him." Like, huh?

Moreover, "Those same civilizations also believed that an eclipse wasn't an aligning of Earth, the Moon and the sun, but rather that the Sun god was unhappy. They believed that "shooting stars" were actual Stars crashing into the earth and not meteors. They believed that vapor cooling didn't cause rain, but rather sacrifice."

So despite the inauthenticity of the photo (wrong belt buckles on the soldiers, pterosaur doesn't have the hooked feet on the wings, wrong shaped head of any known pterosaur, etc), AND NOT ONE soldier ever mentioned it. Also NOT ONE person in the 1800s in supposedly an area with pterosaurs ever noticed an animal with a 30 foot wingspan flying around. Nor have we ever found any bones that are not completely fossilized.

Wow, I'm sure that if we nuke ourselves back to the stone age, someone like you will find a childrens picture book with dinosaurs dated 2019 and explain that Dinosaurs roamed the earth at that time. lol

Still, doesn't sound scientific. Where are you getting your information?

And one can't go backward in time. That's a dumb belief of the secular/atheist scientists. Your comments are really childish and elementary.

Well, you can't say stuff like "silly" in a peer review unless it's really off.
Pretending to know something about scientific peer review now, lol. And I have no idea why you keep banging on about feathered dinosaurs? That theory has barely begun being established and I've taken no stand other than perhaps providing links to some convincing evidence. Don't recall nor care at this point. But I definitely provided all that's needed to expose the ptp photos as fakes (they're both copyrighted by 20th Fox ... let that sink in a while, you belligerent dunce). There's no book. No pterodactyls flying around in Cuba. Nor in Kansas. There's just gullible, gullible you.

Here, dingbat. Read and weep.

And one can't go backward in time. That's a dumb belief of the secular/atheist scientists. Your comments are really childish and elementary.

So you're going with the "it's a dragon that lives in the sun and controls the weather" scientific approach over the "extinction can occur" one.

Full. Retard.

Ahh yes. The guy who hates the scientific explanation for lightning because it ends the "Tlaloc is mad, and creates lightning as a threat he will stop holding up the sun unless more humans are sacrificed" belief.

SMH.

Sorry for the slow reply. I needed to charge my phone. Which we all know is cheese from the moon passed through the "charging cable" to the little gnome who lives inside my phone and communicates through witchcraft And elf blood infused mental waves to everyone else's phone or computer gnomes... Because thats how it works since I don't believe in that secular science mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:
Ahh yes. The guy who hates the scientific explanation for lightning because it ends the "Tlaloc is mad, and creates lightning as a threat he will stop holding up the sun unless more humans are sacrificed" belief.
OMG, seriously? He argued that?

James in a nutshell:
An argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), or appeal to ignorance ('ignorance' stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It says something is true because it has not yet been proved false. Or, that something is false if it has not yet been proved true. This is also called a negative proof fallacy. This also includes the (false) assumption there are only two options (true or false). There may be as many as four choices:

1. true
  2. false
  3. unknown
  4. unknowable.[1]
Appeals to ignorance are often used to suggest the other side needs to do the proving. Rules of logic place the burden (responsibility) of proving something on the person making the claim.[2][3]

A logical fallacy is simply a bad argument.[4] Using bad logic does not necessarily mean the argument is false (or true). It is basically a hasty conclusion, one that is arrived at incorrectly.[5] But it still may be convincing to some audiences.[5] This is why it is used in politics and advertising.

Examples
  • "This drug is safe because no-one has found any toxic effects."[6] This only implies that complete testing has been done. It does not say it has been tested completely.
  • "Candidate Smith has never spoken out concerning her views on abortion. We can safely conclude that she must be pro-choice".[7] The argument from ignorance fallacy can be used to dismiss a subject or to argue that it means the opposite.[7]
  • "Of course disease is caused by witchcraft. How else could it happen?" (The argument from ignorance often takes the form of "how else could X happen" which implies that because there is no other explanation yet known, the one being offered is correct.)

Forum List

Back