paleontology, for those who loves dinosaurs

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, i have a passion for dinosaurs, voilà...so i décide to create a thread animal-dinosaure-1-1398d0.gif

Copie de dinosaure-2000-10-g.jpg

I am new to this forum so i do the best i can and i don't speak English all the time.

There so much to say about this périod of time, like bird are descending for the dinosaurs

l'archæoptéryx

archaeopteryx.jpg

Hello Dalia, what is your position on recreating dino's from DNA. Me, I think we can do without them roaming about. I have read that they would be horrible household pets.

Hello i amso IR, i would like to see them in real Yes a bit like jurassic park, i love dinosaurs so much...just to think about the way it has at that time..
Since my childhood i read and i collectionne, books, figurines, games i have a lot of thing that have to do with dinosaurs.

this game is my favorite i have it in Ottawa now i buy it in France because i can't play the nord américan version in France.
Evo - Search For Eden

I remember that game! I'm surprised they haven't released an updated version for the newer consoles. Seems like a no brainer.

For this game you just attack and eat the meat after, no challenge...the game is more hard near the end but the décor is very good for a old game ( super nintendo)
i have a lot of différent super nintendo games but this one is more Rare.

The largest Dinosaur ever found was just announced 2 years ago:

Dreadnoughtus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

_77372913_dreadnoughtus_size_20140904_624.gif

Hello TheOldSchool, i think the biggest and heavy Animal that ever live on this earth is : Bruhathkayosaurus

Bruhathkayosaurus.jpg

4 time long like a bus...

4 time long like a bus.jpg

They could be so big and heavy because they were :

Poikilotherms (or "cool" or pœcilotherme) are animals with a body temperature that varies with that of their environment. By this characteristic, they differ and are opposed to warm-blooded animals which have a relatively stable internal temperature. They are not to be confused with heterotherms that are warm-blooded which usually steady body temperature varies in some cases (hibernating animals, infants whose body temperature is not stable yet, etc.)
Most cold-blooded organisms (that do not control their body temperature) are ectothermic (that is to say, their body heat comes from outside). However, there are special cases, and it is necessary to recall that ectothermic poikilothermic and are not synonymous.
This lack of control of the internal temperature prevents a "normal" activity during cold periods, but it is a much more economical characteristic energy homeotherms. Both have survived because they are characteristic of different lifestyles, even if we consider that homeothermy is an evolving character.

The largest Dinosaur ever found was just announced 2 years ago:

Dreadnoughtus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

_77372913_dreadnoughtus_size_20140904_624.gif

Hello TheOldSchool, i think the biggest and heavy Animal that ever live on this earth is : Bruhathkayosaurus

View attachment 90900

4 time long like a bus...

View attachment 90899

They could be so big and heavy because they were :

Poikilotherms (or "cool" or pœcilotherme) are animals with a body temperature that varies with that of their environment. By this characteristic, they differ and are opposed to warm-blooded animals which have a relatively stable internal temperature. They are not to be confused with heterotherms that are warm-blooded which usually steady body temperature varies in some cases (hibernating animals, infants whose body temperature is not stable yet, etc.)
Most cold-blooded organisms (that do not control their body temperature) are ectothermic (that is to say, their body heat comes from outside). However, there are special cases, and it is necessary to recall that ectothermic poikilothermic and are not synonymous.
This lack of control of the internal temperature prevents a "normal" activity during cold periods, but it is a much more economical characteristic energy homeotherms. Both have survived because they are characteristic of different lifestyles, even if we consider that homeothermy is an evolving character.

Dalia, I am not at all certain where this is all headed, but please, feel free to continue. Kinda sounds like "Poikilotherms" might be associated with the human species with reference to the "time, location and situation". I mention this because when engaged in certain activities the human species can easily overheat, even when it is in a colder environment. Like wise in an oppressively hot situation a human can develop "cold feet', so to speak.

Hello I amao IR,
Poikilothermic animals include types of vertebrate animals, specifically fish, amphibians, and reptiles, as well as a large number of invertebrate animals. The the naked mote- rat is the only mammal that is currently thought to be poikilothermic.

Hello I amao IR,
Poikilothermic animals include types of vertebrate animals, specifically fish, amphibians, and reptiles, as well as a large number of invertebrate animals. The the naked mote- rat is the only mammal that is currently thought to be poikilothermic.

would you call birds and alligators modern dinosaurs?

Yes...Crocodiles are, with the birds, the last representatives of sovereign reptiles.

Origin of crocodiles

Older archosaurs are Thécodontes that emerged in Upper Devonian and became extinct at the end of the Triassic. These are most likely the ones who served strain at all other levels.

Eryops is a prehistoric amphibian that lived in the marshes in the early Permian

eryops.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back