Packers At Seahawks

I guess that answers the questions about if the Seahawks could stop the run Lacey 12/36 2.8 Yds Per Carry.

AND could the O-Line block for the running game and give Wilson time to throw. Lynch was something like 14/115 around 7.5 yards per carry.

Wilson wasn't on target for his desired 75% pass completion. He was spectacular in the first half something like 12/13 ..over 90% but got pressured a lot in the second half and his accuracy fell off to something like 19/32? a little over 60%. I didn't get the total pass yardage for Russell but I think it was around 250 with 2 TDs. I would be surprised if Wilson's rating was much over 110.

Wilson only threw 19/28 67.9% 191 yards no ints QB rating of 110.9 ...29 yards rushing.

Not too bad against a pretty good defense. Those numbers won't hurt Wilson's stat goals.

What impressed me was Seattle rushing game lead by Lynch's 110 yards. Harvin, besides 7 catches rushed for 41 yards. 207 total rushing yards against the likes of Matthews, Hawk and Peppers says a lot.
Seattle defense held the much touted Lacy to 34 yards and GB team total to 80 yards rushing. 269 yards total to Seattle's 401 yards total.
Seattle got three sacks and put a lot of pressure on Rodgers in the second half one which led to a safety.

Sherman never was tested in the game and didn't defend a single pass or make a singe tackle. I bet he was bored out of his skull....:biggrin:

I didn't anticipate Sherman blocking a Packer player right into Thomas on that first half punt causing a loss of possession and giving GB the ball within easy scoring distance.
LOL! Why WOULD you have anticipated it?

29 for Seattle held up until 2:31 left in the game. Thought GB defense was better then it was. Nyet! Packers can forget about being in the NFC conference game.
Seahawks pick up where they left off. Formidable at home!

This game should be on Sunday Night instead of "Indianapolis at Denver"
disagree.I like it like it is.what better way to have the opening night kickoff be the superbowl champions? they should have had their game they have against them in two weeks at the clink for the thursday night game though to open the season.i mean the two superbowll teams,why not? i think its because they dont want the media darling manning to get embarrassed again on national tv.:biggrin:

If it is possible to create one half of a single dimension the Packers did just that. Their run game got stuffed and Rodgers became one dimensional ...then cut that dimension in half.

Talk about your mind boggling physics problems.. LOL

The REAL key to Seattle's relatively easy victory was that Aaron Rodgers never threw the ball to his right side...not even once.

Astounding.

Maybe it is because Byron Maxwell doesn't talk all the time about how good he is that he doesn't get the respect he deserves. But the stats should have spoken loud and clear as Maxwell snatched 4 interceptions in his last 5 regular season games after replacing Brandon Browner in the "Legion of Boom" last season. Add one more interception to that total.

So now physicists all across the country will have to study the effects of half a dimension... well maybe not...but the OC's of Seattle's future opponents had better understand the creation of half a dimension or they will suffer the same results as the Packers.

Why do we keep putting Aaron Rodgers up on that pedestal marked the best QB in the NFL?

Last night his QB passer rating was a very average to below average 81.5. Wilson just breaking into his third season had a rating of 110.9.

And what caused Rodgers low marks? Was it some flukey play where the ball just bounced crazy? No. It was Rodgers just making a bad throw and Byron Maxwell making him pay for it.

I'm not trying to say Wilson is the best QB in the NFL. I'm just not so sure that title belongs to Aaron Rodgers any more.

If it is possible to create one half of a single dimension the Packers did just that. Their run game got stuffed and Rodgers became one dimensional ...then cut that dimension in half.

Talk about your mind boggling physics problems.. LOL

The REAL key to Seattle's relatively easy victory was that Aaron Rodgers never threw the ball to his right side...not even once.

Astounding.

Maybe it is because Byron Maxwell doesn't talk all the time about how good he is that he doesn't get the respect he deserves. But the stats should have spoken loud and clear as Maxwell snatched 4 interceptions in his last 5 regular season games after replacing Brandon Browner in the "Legion of Boom" last season. Add one more interception to that total.

So now physicists all across the country will have to study the effects of half a dimension... well maybe not...but the OC's of Seattle's future opponents had better understand the creation of half a dimension or they will suffer the same results as the Packers.

I agree...cutting the field in half will not bode well for future Seahawks opponents..... but I wish they could have giving Maxwell a little help against Nelson. 9 catches but no TD's.

Why do we keep putting Aaron Rodgers up on that pedestal marked the best QB in the NFL?

Last night his QB passer rating was a very average to below average 81.5. Wilson just breaking into his third season had a rating of 110.9.

And what caused Rodgers low marks? Was it some flukey play where the ball just bounced crazy? No. It was Rodgers just making a bad throw and Byron Maxwell making him pay for it.

I'm not trying to say Wilson is the best QB in the NFL. I'm just not so sure that title belongs to Aaron Rodgers any more.

With Payton Manning, Brees and Brady still around Rodgers would come in at the most 4th and maybe lower with raising stars like Foles and Luck in the mix. As much as I hate to say it but I think Culter is better than Rodgers.
But its all about that Green Bay hype that we have to listen to year after year.

Some of that pressure was taken off of Rodgers when what's his name, 22nd pick, Johnny and before him was BR3 or whatever his name is..you know the one who will lead his team to a cellar finish in the NFC East.

29 for Seattle held up until 2:31 left in the game. Thought GB defense was better then it was. Nyet! Packers can forget about being in the NFC conference game.
Seahawks pick up where they left off. Formidable at home!

Yeah I thought the packers defense was better than it turns out to be as well.This game confirmed what I suspected from the raiders preseason game.that they were just coasting in that game not trying looking ahead to this game which was obviously the case.

You knew going into this game the only prayer the packers had of winning it was had it been scheduled in green bay.the game would have been closer no doubt at at least.

I was amazed that Rogers was able to handle the crowd noise as well as he was.He didn't seem to be bothered over it like Brees and Kapernick were in their games there last year during the regular season.

The game was at least closer than theirs was. Those games were blowout and over with by the end of the first quarter. where this game was in doubt till the middle of the third quarter.

In defense of the packers they DO have one of the better defenses in the NFC which has all the best defenses.Its just the seahawks offense is so much better this year that practically nobody will be able to stop them.Not with harvin healthy.

they really answered the bell on offense when the pass interference set up the packers touchdown drive and gave them a 7-3 lead.wilson and company then marched down the filed and answered it with their own touchdown.that was very impressive.I am going to go out on a limb here.

I think the seahawks as long as harvin stays healthy this year,are going to accomplish what the patriots were just one miracle catch away from achieving in the first superbowl against the Giants.They will be the next team since the 72 Miami dolhins to go undefeated and WIN the superbowl.I just don't see anybody beating them this year on their schedule.

With Payton Manning, Brees and Brady still around Rodgers would come in at the most 4th and maybe lower with raising stars like Foles and Luck in the mix. As much as I hate to say it but I think Culter is better than Rodgers.
But its all about that Green Bay hype that we have to listen to year after year.

Some of that pressure was taken off of Rodgers when what's his name, 22nd pick, Johnny and before him was BR3 or whatever his name is..you know the one who will lead his team to a cellar finish in the NFC East.

I dont think they rate him higher than Tom Brady.of all the experienced quarterbacks that have been in the league with over 5 years of experience,i would still rank him second behind Brady.

My rankings would be 1.Brady,2.Rodgers,3.Brees,4.Rothlesberger-was fine till last two years when idiot "mr conservative" todd haley became their offenseive coordinater and has driven that franchise into the ground and STILL was retained this year amazingly.

Big Ben was doing great till HE came along and destroyed everything "just so you understand why i rank him fourth in the mix." 5.P Manning.

Last edited:
I still think this will be a preview of the NFC title game this year played at the same site as well of course.the only other one it could be besides the packers might be the saints but I dont see that happening because the saints play horrible on the road outdoors.

Brees cant seem to adjust to outdoor football and also like i said,Rogers was able to handle the crowd noise better than Brees was able to in last years regular season game of the saints/seahawks game played in the regular season at the clink.also dont forget,Brees isnt 100%.

that could come into play later in the year. Newton of the panthers isnt 100% either which is REALLY bad for them since they lost all their starters at wide receiver to free agency in the off season which could have been a GOOD thing for them actually since their offense was ranked like 28th last year or something like that.hee hee.

wow i had no idea mike mccarthy was such an idiot.what kind of fool decides to go for it on 4th and 5 in your own territory in the MIDDLE of the third quarter when your trailing by over 13 points on the ROAD no less?:lol: in the fourth quarter yeah,but that was way too early to be taking a lunatic chance like that.:biggrin:

thats the kind of thing i would expect marty SHITTENHEIMER to do or belecheat.:biggrin: Mike Holmgren would NEVER have done something like that so stupid.:rofl:

My prediction of 40 plus to 10 wasn't too far off.

I didn't anticipate Sherman blocking a Packer player right into Thomas on that first half punt causing a loss of possession and giving GB the ball within easy scoring distance. Take away that play and the resulting TD and it would have been a blowout.

36 is now near 50? Lol!

My prediction of 40 plus to 10 wasn't too far off.

I didn't anticipate Sherman blocking a Packer player right into Thomas on that first half punt causing a loss of possession and giving GB the ball within easy scoring distance. Take away that play and the resulting TD and it would have been a blowout.

36 is now near 50? Lol!

It is, sort of, when you can reasonably speculate from watching the game that if Sherman hadn't blocked his man right into Thomas with a big impact that Seattle would have had possession in very good field position. In all likelyhood Seattle probably would have scored. Take away the TD that GB got off the extremely rare interference call on Bobby Wagner and voila Seattle wins with 43... I did say between 40-50.

It isn't a huge stretch that Seattle could have scored more points and held GB to fewer. That penalty that was in fact totally justified was the Packers longest play and without it they wouldn't have scored on that drive. All Wagner would have had to do is turn his head. He is one of the most talented linebackers in the NFL. I think it was a case where the noise in the Clink worked against the Hawks for a change. The Seattle DBs work as well together as any in the league. There is no doubt that Sherman and Maxwell gave a yell to Bobby and he just didn't hear them. It's not like he prevented the GB receiver from making the catch. The ball was overthrown. It was third down. Seattle would have got the ball back on the next play.

So the final score without those two plays should have been 43-9.

It doesn't really matter now does it. Seattle sure started better in 2014 than 2013 when they just eeked out a win in Carolina. Green Bay is arguably a top 5 team in the NFC and Seattle beat them convincingly. If the Hawks spank the Chargers next Sunday and repeat the Super Bowl beatdown of Denver the week after without sustaining any serious injuries to key players like Harvin we may be witnessing one of the better seasons for any team in NFL history.

Last edited:
It is, sort of, when you can reasonably speculate from watching the game that if Sherman hadn't blocked his man right into Thomas with a big impact that Seattle would have had possession in very good field position. In all likelyhood Seattle probably would have scored. Take away the TD that GB got off the extremely rare interference call on Bobby Wagner and voila Seattle wins with 43... I did say between 40-50.

It isn't a huge stretch that Seattle could have scored more points and held GB to fewer. That penalty that was in fact totally justified was the Packers longest play and without it they wouldn't have scored on that drive. All Wagner would have had to do is turn his head. He is one of the most talented linebackers in the NFL. I think it was a case where the noise in the Clink worked against the Hawks for a change. The Seattle DBs work as well together as any in the league. There is no doubt that Sherman and Maxwell gave a yell to Bobby and he just didn't hear them. It's not like he prevented the GB receiver from making the catch. The ball was overthrown. It was third down. Seattle would have got the ball back on the next play.

It doesn't really matter now does it. Seattle sure started better in 2014 than 2013 when they just eeked out a win in Carolina. Green Bay is arguably a top 5 team in the NFC and Seattle beat them convincingly. If the Hawks spank the Chargers next Sunday and repeat the Super Bowl beatdown of Denver the week after without sustaining any serious injuries to key players like Harvin we may be witnessing one of the better seasons for any team in NFL history.

It means you were way off, it could have, should have, would have means absolutely nothing. You stated close to 50 to 10. Read your own damn words, the final score is what it is, not close to 50.

It means you were way off, it could have, should have, would have means absolutely nothing. You stated close to 50 to 10. Read your own damn words, the final score is what it is, not close to 50.

Oh no. Now I feel so stupid.

Bottom line... I still have the Seahawks ...always have..always will. And you don't.

Forum List

Back