Packers At Seahawks

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
September 4th 5:30 PM Seattle.. Century Link Field.

Packer Center Tretter out for several weeks to months.
Rookie Linsley said to step in. Cheeseheads are worried how Linsley will perform. Linsley worried how LInsley will perform. Claims he needs work on the "mental" side of the game. Sorry Linsley...Those voices you will be hearing at Century Link Field are real. Very loud and very real..

Raji Defensive Tackle out for a long time also. Big hit on Packer Defense.

Watched Packers playing Oakland Friday afternoon. Yawn... Packer receivers have a habit of dropping the ball.. Then Rodgers gets the pithy look on his face... Funny stuff. Comon AAron.. If yo receivers can't keep their concentration against the crappy Oakland Raiders how do you expect them to perform in the toughest stadium in the NFL to play in?

Fair question...

Seattle 21-10

Dunno? First game of the season...

Hawks looked sharper in the preseason than any team I viewed...by a LOT!

The game in Denver really didn't mean a thing. I mean... most fans believe that none of the preseason exhibitions matter but in this new age of Pete Carroll's tenure my take on the significance has changed significantly.

For some reason not yet fully explained by Carroll he left not 18...but 19 presumed starters in Seattle for the exhibition in Denver. That's more than half of the first stringers. Denver played just about all of their number ones. Still even with the scrubs and wannabees the Hawks just about scored more and gave up less than Denver. So...seriously the outcome was less than nothing to the Hawks. The fact that the media reported it like it mattered was hilarious.

Fast forward to the second game with the Chargers both teams played their #1's for most of the first half. Clearly Carroll and the SD coaches wanted to see something in the starters even if it was bound to be a bit ragged. But that's not what happened. Seattle came out sharp and precise.

Then in last week's game Chicago clearly was trying to win the exhibition and for the Hawks it was more of the same. Blistering offense. It the last 4 qtrs of first string football in those two games the Hawks put up around 70 pts to less than ten from the other guys.

Russell Wilson's QB rating average was around 130. That's crazy good for preseason.

I don't see the game with Green Bay as the Hawk's opener. They have clearly already worked out any bugs they might have needed to work on before they took the stage for the last two exhibitions.

Having watched Green Bay ...it was a different story. They still had plenty to get better when their number one's left the field on Friday.

If GB doesn't step it up they will be blown out on September 4th.

THIS year the Hawks will be more than ready to take GB apart piece by piece play by play.

This game will embarrass the Packers.

Seattle somewhere near 50

GB no more than 10

Last edited:
my prediction will be somewhere in the middle of the predictions of you guys.The Hawks for sure look prime for this game and like Hug said,if those receivers for the packers were so afraid of the raiders defense,just think how scared they be when they have to face the hawks and those imjurys the packers have,my prediction is 35-10 seahawks.will see whos is the closest come sept 4th.

I think this is going to be a preview of the NFC title game at the same site of course.

September 4th 5:30 PM Seattle.. Century Link Field.

Packer Center Tretter out for several weeks to months.
Rookie Linsley said to step in. Cheeseheads are worried how Linsley will perform. Linsley worried how LInsley will perform. Claims he needs work on the "mental" side of the game. Sorry Linsley...Those voices you will be hearing at Century Link Field are real. Very loud and very real..

Raji Defensive Tackle out for a long time also. Big hit on Packer Defense.

Watched Packers playing Oakland Friday afternoon. Yawn... Packer receivers have a habit of dropping the ball.. Then Rodgers gets the pithy look on his face... Funny stuff. Comon AAron.. If yo receivers can't keep their concentration against the crappy Oakland Raiders how do you expect them to perform in the toughest stadium in the NFL to play in?

Fair question...

cant wait baby.:banana:

I am inclined to wait until the week of the game to predict the score....

8 days. Believe THIS! Carroll is going balls to the walls preparing for the Packers as we speak. When he has extra time to get ready he is unbeatable. When he is at home he is almost unbeatable. These are truths we must consider when digesting our chances with the team from Green Bay.

my prediction will be somewhere in the middle of the predictions of you guys.The Hawks for sure look prime for this game and like Hug said,if those receivers for the packers were so afraid of the raiders defense,just think how scared they be when they have to face the hawks and those imjurys the packers have,my prediction is 35-10 seahawks.will see whos is the closest come sept 4th.

I think this is going to be a preview of the NFC title game at the same site of course.

We seem to have come to a consenus that the Packers can't score more than ten points against the Seahawk Defense.

WHAT?

If I had a nickle for every time I have heard this off season that Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now....

I was just looking at GB's 2013 schedule. Aaron was injured Monday..Nov 4th in the first series against the Bears. The Packers were 5-2.

Then I took another look at the so called highlights of last week's game with Oakland.....where the TV guy said Rodgers was "in mid season form". Whatever THAT means.

If THAT was mid season form one would have to judge that Wilson was in Super Bowl form for the last two weeks.

I am inclined to wait until the week of the game to predict the score....
are you forgetting you ALREADY made one? lol.

I'm on pins and needles waiting on his revamped prediction.

Ha...Ha...

The score really doesn't matter. We will win by a lot and the national media will be all shocked and everything... LOL

It'll be like WOW !!!! didn't see THAT coming !!!! But gauranteed that the storyline won't be Wilson's dominance..It will be all about WTF happened to the great Aaron Rodgers...????

WHAAAA !!!

The LEAST Coast media will have a hard time labeling Wilson simply as a game manager that can run with Harvin and a more experienced Miller, Kearse and Baldwin in the clip to shoot down the field.

Wilson may very well not thow any MORE passes this season but the YAC's will go through the roof as his recievers will be more open than last season.

It is obvious that Wilson has shown a much higher tendency to run for TDs in the red zone also ...3 times in the last two preseason games. He only scampered for one TD last season. THIS new weapon...HIMSELF... will cause defenses to keep needed Defensive players with speed at home stretching their ability to double cover close to the endzone. In short red zone efficiency will jump into record breaking levels.

The LEAST Coast media will have a hard time labeling Wilson simply as a game manager that can run with Harvin and a more experienced Miller, Kearse and Baldwin in the clip to shoot down the field.

Wilson may very well not thow any MORE passes this season but the YAC's will go through the roof as his recievers will be more open than last season.

It is obvious that Wilson has shown a much higher tendency to run for TDs in the red zone also ...3 times in the last two preseason games. He only scampered for one TD last season. THIS new weapon...HIMSELF... will cause defenses to keep needed Defensive players with speed at home stretching their ability to double cover close to the endzone. In short red zone efficiency will jump into record breaking levels.

Wilson will not have to rely on his legs in the regular season as much, because Lynch will be full time. Lynch, Turbin and Michael will rip any defense that is out there including the Packers. The plus of that is the run game will open up the passing game.

Okay I screwed up but I was actually thinking about the Oakland game ending 21-10...but I will take my lumps.

Seriously.. ???

You predict the Seahawks vs Raiders exhibition score.. ????

WHY ... ?????

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..WHY ... ?????

I hope the Hawks lose this thing tonight.

It will be a cruel joke on the Raiders if they "win".

It will give them all this silly false confidense when we meet em in the regular season.

It will make the Bears and Chargers feel even worse.. Ha...Ha....

The problem as I see it is that the Hawks couldn't "lose" to Oakland even if they tried.

Schneider and Carroll just pick em too good. Most of the Seahawks we field tonight won't even be Seahawks Sunday morning. Many if not most of em will be playing for some other team this time next week. Some of them will be snatched up by other teams just to get some insight to Carrolls playbook.

Okay I screwed up but I was actually thinking about the Oakland game ending 21-10...but I will take my lumps.

Seriously.. ???

WHY ... ?????

It will give them all this silly false confidense when we meet em in the regular season.

The problem as I see it is that the Hawks couldn't "lose" to Oakland even if they tried.

Schneider and Carroll just pick em too good. Most of the Seahawks we field tonight won't even be Seahawks Sunday morning. Many if not most of em will be playing for some other team this time next week. Some of them will be snatched up by other teams just to get some insight to Carrolls playbook.

Ouch! Okay I deserved that...I think.

But I guess you got your wish...ha, ha.

Seriously.. ???

WHY ... ?????

Ouch! Okay I deserved that...I think.

But I guess you got your wish...ha, ha.

If guesses were messes we would all be in one... Ha....Ha...

What gave it away for me was the way Sherman played. He looked like he was drunk. I "guess" the only players that didn't get the memo were the first team offense as they took the rock 80 yards with one run and three Wilson passes, the last for a 26yard TD, in the opening series which lasted all of a minute and a half.

After THAT slip up everyone was "on script".

Carroll should get an Oscar for all the antics he went through on the sidelines. What a performance !!!

Finally...

The 2014 season is upon us.

By "us" I do not include the Green Bay Packers fans. They are still trying to figure out how they can win that game two years ago.

It is amazing how they cannot just let it go. It's like they are still attempting to get revenge. Against who exactly? The Hawks didn't cheat. They got a lucky call. So what? I mean what exactly did they expect the Seahawks to do? Forfeit the game?

It's incredible! Some of these Cheeseheads believe the "Fail Mary" play happened last season...for serious!

It was like Wilson's third game as a pro.

Now we are two seasons later.

The Pack-ak-ak-ak-akers fans are now claiming that "crowd noise will not be a factor".

Meanwhile....

Back to reality... The Packers veteran center is out with an injury. The new guy has started in no games. Yet the GB fans believe he will be ready for a complete game with a silent count.

The "count" GB fans need to be aware of is how many penalties they get for mistakes on the snap.

The biggest problem the Packers will have after the game this Thursday evening will be who to blame.

There will be no GoldenTate. He is playing for the Detroit Lions. There ARE actually GB fans that are unaware of that fact.

This game should be on Sunday Night instead of "Indianapolis at Denver"

Forum List

Back