Will the St. Louis Cardinals win the 2014 World Series?

Grover

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2014
The Cardinals are contenders every year. They won an improbable 11th title in 2011, when nobody saw it happening. After legendary manager Tony La Russa retired, the Cardinals hired rookie manager Mike Matheny and he lead them back to the 2012 postseason, they almost went back to the NLCS, and lost to the Giants. In 2013, they went to the World Series, but lost to the Red Sox. In 2014, although anything can happen in baseball, and although they lost their best players to injuries (Yadier Molina, Michael Wacha), can they win it all this October?

No.
They could win if Molina and Wacha are back, they could take the NL Central back from the Brewers and could beat the Dodgers or Nationals in the NLCS, and potentially beat the Tigers, Angels or A's in the WS.

No.
They could win if Molina and Wacha are back, they could take the NL Central back from the Brewers and could beat the Dodgers or Nationals in the NLCS, and potentially beat the Tigers, Angels or A's in the WS.
the newest person who has made the critical mistake of overlooking the royals.they only got the best record in the month of august with the best winning percentage of every major league team since the all star break,have only beaten the slumping A'S in oakland 2 out of 3 there where the A'S had not lost a series since the beginning of may and then recently taking 3 out of 4 from them in kansas city,have a phenomenal record of 52 and 1 when having the lead going into the 7th inning best in the majors, as well as having the lead over the tigers in their division,yet everybody acts like this team doesnt even exist.:uhoh3:

if you would bother reading my posts on this thread you would understand why this is a dangerous team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

shocker Kc Royals could be in the world series this year here is why. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:

No.
the newest person who has made the critical mistake of overlooking the royals.they only got the best record in the month of august with the best winning percentage of every major league team since the all star break,have only beaten the slumping A'S in oakland 2 out of 3 there where the A'S had not lost a series since the beginning of may and then recently taking 3 out of 4 from them in kansas city,have a phenomenal record of 52 and 1 when having the lead going into the 7th inning best in the majors, as well as having the lead over the tigers in their division,yet everybody acts like this team doesnt even exist.:uhoh3:

if you would bother reading my posts on this thread you would understand why this is a dangerous team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

shocker Kc Royals could be in the world series this year here is why. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Oh for CRIPES SAKES !!!

EVERYBODY knows you live in or around KC. THANK GAAWWWDDD you don't live in Seattle because you are a HOMER of the WORST variety. LOL

If you lived here you would be insufferable... LOL

Now get this loud and clear !!!!

The STUPID Mariners have the best pitching in baseball right now AND are as hot as any team playing with 6-4 over the last ten games mostly on the road. They just got done SWEEPING the Red Sox IN BOSTON ...something they had never done in the team's history.

The BAZEBALL is if anything a game of streaks..

Seattle is riding a hot streak when it matters...as the season is drawing to a close..

They will never catch the A's ..but winning the wildcard is totally within reach.

If the Mariners make the playoffs... the thing is pitching..it always has been.

I fuckin HATE baseball but even a total baseball moron like me can see the writing on the outfield walls..

Put your greasy dollars on the Mariners...take it to the BANK !!!!

except thats what my royals are doing riding being red hot if you had bothered to read my thread on that.i even said on my thread that I have always been the most skeptical person in the world about the royals going to the playoffs. the a's just recently said their bullpen is like no other bullpen they have ever seen.you got your seahawks.the kansas city clowns football teeam is going to be afraid to face them this year,but nobody in the amerfican league wants to face the royals right now,the team with the best record in baseball since the all star break.

The Cardinals are contenders every year. They won an improbable 11th title in 2011, when nobody saw it happening. After legendary manager Tony La Russa retired, the Cardinals hired rookie manager Mike Matheny and he lead them back to the 2012 postseason, they almost went back to the NLCS, and lost to the Giants. In 2013, they went to the World Series, but lost to the Red Sox. In 2014, although anything can happen in baseball, and although they lost their best players to injuries (Yadier Molina, Michael Wacha), can they win it all this October?
In a word, no.

Forum List

Back