Oxycodine vs. Oxycodone

How many of you are hooked on opiates?

I am guessing Butthead is based on his crazy posts, but who else is?

Right! Crushing pain so bad it makes a strong man have to crawl on the floor and think long and hard about attempting to get out of bed.

My guess is that you think serious chronic pain is a myth. Just an excuse to get high.. right?

I take enough morphine daily to knock you on your ass but how it works if your mind is already reeling from pain is it just tempers the suffering and has little to no cognitive impairment.

I rebuilt a c6 trans for my recently purchased 95 f250 4x4 this last fall. I couldn't have even considered a physical task such as that without help from pain meds. My driving isn't impaired at all. The only effect I am aware of is I am slightly more forgetful under the influence of the pain meds. I believe it is an acceptable trade off considering the alternative. If your life revolves around dealing with crippling pain as mine does the thought of being Hooked is the least of your worries. Not everyone is a candidate for back surgery or corrections in the hip bone to relieve arthritic degenerative bone openings for the sciatic nerves that run down the leg. The pain is similar to passing kidney stones except it never goes away. Throw in the effects of type II diabetes causing excruciating pain in the feet and a once strong and proud man is relegate to patching up his capabilities with some prescribed drugs. It's no joke.

What's the difference?

A good vowel movement.

I take a good healthy dump every morning. The pain meds have never influenced THAT. Thank goodness.

You dump your vowels? Tht mks hrd t rd sntncs.

I tried to dump an umlaut once. It gave me diaeresis.

Cute! Clever! Many people suffer from constipation when they consume pain medications. Fortunately I do not. The spell check is a constant reminder how badly I spell and type. It's almost impossible to forward mistakes.

Right! Crushing pain so bad it makes a strong man have to crawl on the floor and think long and hard about attempting to get out of bed.

My guess is that you think serious chronic pain is a myth. Just an excuse to get high.. right?

I take enough morphine daily to knock you on your ass but how it works if your mind is already reeling from pain is it just tempers the suffering and has little to no cognitive impairment.

I rebuilt a c6 trans for my recently purchased 95 f250 4x4 this last fall. I couldn't have even considered a physical task such as that without help from pain meds. My driving isn't impaired at all. The only effect I am aware of is I am slightly more forgetful under the influence of the pain meds. I believe it is an acceptable trade off considering the alternative. If your life revolves around dealing with crippling pain as mine does the thought of being Hooked is the least of your worries. Not everyone is a candidate for back surgery or corrections in the hip bone to relieve arthritic degenerative bone openings for the sciatic nerves that run down the leg. The pain is similar to passing kidney stones except it never goes away. Throw in the effects of type II diabetes causing excruciating pain in the feet and a once strong and proud man is relegate to patching up his capabilities with some prescribed drugs. It's no joke.

Damn straight.
Let's see how many people go through years of RA by "toughing it out".
My recent flare up was in my right hip. And like you say - THE.PAIN.NEVER.STOPS.
That is the true crippling part of RA, during flare ups - your talking hundreds of hours of nonstop pain. Lying down does not help, no sitting position helps...tylenol, Aleve - you can take dozens in a day - nothing.
Only opiods help sometimes.
I have thought a lot about our ancestors....what did they do when they had no access to pain meds?

Whatever the crap they put in Tylenol 3, I cannot take. What is it, codeine? If I were to brake my arm, I'd end up giving away my pain meds and take Advil. That codeine makes me sick to my stomach, plus I hate downers anyway.

Whatever the crap they put in Tylenol 3, I cannot take. What is it, codeine? If I were to brake my arm, I'd end up giving away my pain meds and take Advil. That codeine makes me sick to my stomach, plus I hate downers anyway.

You have never had Dilaudid. It is not only the worlds most powerful pain killer, but just happens to be the worlds best anti-nausea medicine also. If you broke your arm, it is likely what they would give you an injection of at a hospital.
Having said that - there are also very good anti-nausea medicines you can take to counter act the nausea from opiods.

Damn straight.
My recent flare up was in my right hip. And like you say - THE.PAIN.NEVER.STOPS.
That is the true crippling part of RA, during flare ups - your talking hundreds of hours of nonstop pain. Lying down does not help, no sitting position helps...tylenol, Aleve - you can take dozens in a day - nothing.
I have thought a lot about our ancestors....what did they do when they had no access to pain meds?

Early on in many cases they were left behind towards the end and consumed as all crippled animals are. As society developed many certainly became alcoholics to mask the pain. Beer and wine were in use thousands of years ago.

I would not disparage anyone who is dealing with tremendous pain, the taking of whatever medication helps them.

However as you must know, many Americans are hooked on opiates and I doubt they are all dealing with the kind of pain you suffer from.

Damn straight.

Sorry to hear about that. :( A whole lot of people abuse pain medications though. A lot of people take them when they aren't really necessary too just because they want to be "high."

You have never had Dilaudid. It is not only the worlds most powerful pain killer, but just happens to be the worlds best anti-nausea medicine also. If you broke your arm, it is likely what they would give you an injection of at a hospital.
Having said that - there are also very good anti-nausea medicines you can take to counter act the nausea from opiods.

I had it when I was in labor, and all it did was knock me out in between contractions. :dunno:

I guess it's good that I never had it.

IMO, if you need drugs to get you through life, you aren't really "living." You must have very poor coping skills.

It's more than that Chris.
I have, thank God, high pain tolerance.
I haven't had a day without some level of pain for 6 years now.
I have problems in both hands, both knees, right shoulder, right ankle and right hip.
The hip is the worst, which makes obvious sense since it is of course the largest joint in the body...but also, like Huggy says, is the conduit for the sciatic nerve.
Sometimes when the hip flares, I can't find relief. There is none. Standing - hurts, lying down - hurts, sitting - hurts. Too much activity - oh no no no...rest too much...no no no...there is no way out.
So sometimes you have to make it stop. Or you go insane.

IMO, if you need drugs to get you through life, you aren't really "living." You must have very poor coping skills.

It's more than that Chris.
I have, thank God, high pain tolerance.
I haven't had a day without some level of pain for 6 years now.
I have problems in both hands, both knees, right shoulder, right ankle and right hip.
The hip is the worst, which makes obvious sense since it is of course the largest joint in the body...but also, like Huggy says, is the conduit for the sciatic nerve.
Sometimes when the hip flares, I can't find relief. There is none. Standing - hurts, lying down - hurts, sitting - hurts. Too much activity - oh no no no...rest too much...no no no...there is no way out.
So sometimes you have to make it stop. Or you go insane.

Like I said in my prior post, if you have legitimate pain issues, that is another story. A LOT of people don't need to take these types of medications and are just drug seeking people. Remember, I type about them. :D

I've broken multiple bones, and never did I get Dilaudid for that. Just Vicodin or Tylenol #3.

Trust me - a broken bone, which I have broke three, is childs play compared to a Grand Mal Kidney Stone...a mere tickle. Child birth?...nope. Just ask any woman who has endured both...a Grand Mal kidney stone is far worse than child birth.

Forum List

Back