Over 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open since $15 Minimum Wage!

In s city the size of Seattle, safe bet,that just as many resurants have closd in the same time period.

When wages go up prices go up. But for those whose wages didn't go up the result is what you call "inflation". One of the things Democrats build best.
Republicans = Epic Fail & Massive Inflation!
fredgraph.png

Last edited:
Ever hear of pick it up yourself??

Guess you didn't think things through did you??

Restaurants are going to be changing to accommodate that $15 and hour they have to pay.

You can bet they will automate and customers will have to fend for themselves.

If they don't want to they can always look for another restaurant. Oh wait. All restaurants will be doing the same. Never mind. Welcome to the $15 and hour pay hike in the world of restaurants.
Either you or I like it or not. Either MW is $3. or $8. We are going to automation technology is the direction we are going.
This has nothing to do with MW. Period. Try to put that in your memory.
A hike in mandatory pay will bring it on sooner, try to pop your head out of your ass and focus on that.

Republicans have cut the increase in spending. You're full of shit.
Oh and doesn't seem like anyone wants to address the fact that the price of everything in Seattle will be going up.

Good luck to Seattle and the idiots that govern that city.
With enough charts and bullet points I suppose he'll prove the Earth is flat.

Seattle is beyond hope, anyone with any sense needs to get out before they lose their ass.

Oh and doesn't seem like anyone wants to address the fact that the price of everything in Seattle will be going up.

Seattle is beyond hope, anyone with any sense needs to get out before they lose their ass.
Economy in Seattle areas are booming and better than ever. Your points means, what?

Economy in Seattle areas are booming and better than ever. Your points means, what?
Because of the increase in minimum wage? My point is that you're stupid.

You may want to consider moving to Seattle b/c they have lots of job opportunities. Especially in dining industry so you can improve your life instead of bitchin.

Yeah, tell me more about Reagan tripling the debt..
It was a long time ago, you are not very well informed. The Dims didn't cut spending, he had to make deals with them to get what he wanted, namely military. But we did enjoy an increase in the GDP. And you deflected wildly from my rebuttal.

Oh your crying. No shithead. Increase in MW had nothing to do with job or business loses. So your point is worthless or meaningless. Dumb shit.

You may want to consider moving to Seattle b/c they have lots of job opportunities. Especially in dining industry so you can improve your life instead of bitchin.
I used to go there but don't get near the shit hole anymore. Just driving with all the libs around is too much.

Oh your crying. No shithead. Increase in MW had nothing to do with job or business loses. So your point is worthless or meaningless. Dumb shit.
I didn't say anything about job loses, you are confused. I think you got a little trigger happy with your 'worthless meaningless' insults. But it's all you have.

Restaurants are going to be changing to accommodate that $15 and hour they have to pay.

If they don't want to they can always look for another restaurant. Oh wait. All restaurants will be doing the same. Never mind. Welcome to the $15 and hour pay hike in the world of restaurants.
Either you or I like it or not. Either MW is $3. or $8. We are going to automation technology is the direction we are going.
A hike in mandatory pay will bring it on sooner, try to pop your head out of your ass and focus on that.
The automation technology has been going on since the beginning of dawn especially in last 10 years. With or without the MW. Wipe your ass before you pull your underwear. You will feel better.

The automation technology has been going on since the beginning of dawn especially in last 10 years. With or without the MW. Wipe your ass before you pull your underwear. You will feel better.
I prefer wiping my ass with your face. No one said technology wasn't an ongoing process. What I said was increasing wages for low skill work will increase the need for automation. You apparently can't understand the point so you want to dismiss it. But dismissing a point you can't handle doesn't make it go away.

I didn't say anything about job loses, you are confused. I think you got a little trigger happy with your 'worthless meaningless' insults. But it's all you have.
Insult? you started it. We were talking about the impact of the MW hike. Are you talking about sea food?

Insult? you started it. We were talking about the impact of the MW hike. Are you talking about sea food?
Yes, I said it will hasten the need for automation and you spiraled out of control. The seafood is between your ears.

Maybe a rise in the minimum wage won't be good for businesses. Maybe, on the other hand, it will be good for workers.

In the '60's a minimum wage of about 2 bucks an hour had more buying power than 7 bucks an hour today.

Are you sure that the minimum wage was too high back then? We've been lowering it ever since, and now you still think it's too high, or would be too high, if some of that decrease were reversed?

We'll see if it's good for employees when businesses close because of labor costs.

You all seem to be forgetting the chain reaction that will happen here

It's not just labor costs that will rise. The cost of everything will rise.

And I never said the federal minimum wage was too high did I ? And btw most states already have MW that is higher than the federal MW

What I have been saying is that some jobs are not and never will be worth the 15 hour wage.

You're all worried about waiters and bartenders but you never seem to take into account that a bartender or server can make 15 to 20 an hour in tips alone plus whatever hourly wage they get making their pay in Seattle 24-30 an hour already

So yeah let's give them all 15 an hour and watch their actual pay decrease because people will be less likely to tip since the cost of their meals will be going up and they know the wait staff are all making the "living wage" of 15 an hour

Tips count towards the calculation of the minimum wage in Seattle for the next 11 years.

What?

If they did then very few waitresses and bartenders would be getting raises since many make more than 15 an hour in tips alone

Stop posting and go read the law.

Start making sense when you post.

If tips count in the MW calculation then there will be no need to give raises to servers in Seatlle who already make more than 6 an hour in tips.
Tip earners may need to speak to their payroll processing Firm to see if they can "park" their tip money overseas for deferral purposes.

Forum List

Back