Over 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open since $15 Minimum Wage!

And getting its arse kicked, Mickey Dees wants to CUT expenses as much as possible while it regroups. Rather than start paying its employees $15 an hour they will let those personnel go and install kiosks that do NOT require $15 an hour, health care, etc...

McDonalds raised prices 65% while holding wages low & increasing technology. Prices only fall when workers are paid enough to get off the government dole. Republicans plan to have government support workers instead of employers is a total inflationary failure.

McDonalds isn't sinking because of paying workers. It's paid its workers shite wage for decades. It's sinking because other fast food restaurants are kicking its ass.

There's nothing more sleazy and despicable than a Multi-Billion Dollar Corporation blaming lowly struggling workers for its own gross mismanagement. It's a shameful cowardly move.

That's part of it. Inflation is caused by 96% of all Republican officials signing pledge to drown government in a bathtub! The US Dollar is a piece of paper that has value only because "it's backed by the full faith & credit of government" Republicans always increase spending & cut taxes to destroy government & the US Dollar. They add as many workers onto the government dole to increase spending & cut taxes on companies who send jobs out of country. This increases US deficits, foreign consumption & inflation.

I truly despise Corporate fatcat assholes who blame lowly struggling workers for their own incompetence. Flying around on their private jets, sailing on yachts, sipping the finest champagne. All while bitchin & moanin about paying workers 'Too Much. If you do believe in the concept of the 'Evil Corporation', McDonalds would be among the most evil.

McDonalds McDouble Cheeseburger went from $1.00 to $1.69 while the minimum wage was flat. That was from inflation caused by government deficit spending supporting McDonalds workers.

And getting its arse kicked, Mickey Dees wants to CUT expenses as much as possible while it regroups. Rather than start paying its employees $15 an hour they will let those personnel go and install kiosks that do NOT require $15 an hour, health care, etc...

McDonalds raised prices 65% while holding wages low & increasing technology. Prices only fall when workers are paid enough to get off the government dole. Republicans plan to have government support workers instead of employers is a total inflationary failure.

Please provide me with the link from where you get your factual data on how prices FALL when companies increase their minimum wage. It seems if this were really the case they would not be converting to Kiosks and letting workers go but would instead be hiring even more people.

You go deeper into the 'Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole' by supposing that it is the GOP plan to addict more people to tax-payer funded government handouts, which has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have heard in a long while. Whether you go all the way back to LBJ's 'Economic Slavery' program or to the most recent election where people Liberals have hooked on the 'freebies' continue to vote for the Liberal;s so that the freebies keep flowing...and the fear mongering by Democrats who tell people that their welfare, food stamps, etc, will be cut off if they do not continue to vote for the Liberals...the plan for keeping citizens unsuccessful and dependent on govt programs is a completely proven Liberal ideology.

Workers are much happier when Wages Rise vs Prices. Clinton & Obama did the best. Inflation & Unemployment are Lower & GDP Higher when this happens.

Bush was The Worst President! Republicans = Inflation!
fredgraph.png

Last edited:
I see a lot of people attacking corporate welfare and the idea of making profits...yet when Obama took over GM his CEOs were making tons. St the height of the VA scandal, while vets were dying, Obama's VA heads were getting fat bonuses and raises. Where is the condemnation for the politicians past and present that have allowed businesses to take jobs out of the country and bring products back into the country without paying tariffs - as if the products were built in the US - in an effort to take advantage of slave labor?

And if you don't like the CEOs making all the money then stop doing business with them. Don't just whine about it. People complain about Wal Mart all the time, but Wal Mart would not be so successful and drive small businesses out of business if these same people put their money where their mouth was and boycotted Wal Mart. Demonizing Big Businesses and CEOs is easy...going the step further is hard.

Workers are much happier when Wages Rise vs Prices. Clinton & Obama did the best. Inflation & Unemployment are Lower & GDP Higher when this happens.

Yeah, but prices have been rising, there are no more (full time) jobs to be had. Your premise about Obama is laughable. He is by far the worst President this country has ever seen. (Much like Carter, I fully expect US hostages to still be in Iranian hands, for example, when he leaves office. Carter at least tried to get them back. Obama didn't even think they were important enough to even ASK for them as part of the gawd-awful deal he agreed to.)

Actually, in some provinces it's higher.

Just like the US.

But regardless, Canada hasn't collapsed.

Just like the US. We haven't collapsed with our minimum wage being what it is. So....what's your point?

We're supposedly the wealthiest and most prosperous nation on earth. We can treat our fellow Americans better.

Now see, I agree that we can and should treat working Americans better. But what you don't understand is that by and large, nobody wants to. And you can't force them. You want to legislate values into people, which is impossible. Doesn't work with drugs. Doesn't work with religion. Doesn't work with anti-discrimination laws.

If employers want to treat their employees better, they'll do it all on their own. If they don't want to treat their employees better, they're not going to simply agree to suffer a reduction in their profit margins just because a new minimum wage law is passed.

The best way to turn the tide on our society of decaying values whereby working Americans are paid like crap, on par with the notion that they aren't good enough to anything more than poverty, is for American workers to take responsibility for becoming their own advocates in wage negotiations with their employers. When people stop settling for poverty wages, employers will stop paying poverty wages.

Since Reganomics the US GDP growth rate has been in decline! Except for The Clinton & Obama Administrations. Clinton took Bush #1's 2.6% GDP Way Up to 7.5% GDP GROWTH! Bush #2 took Clinton's +7.5% GDP Growth, Down to -3.2% "NEGATIVE GDP!!! Obama Reversed Republican Negative GDP from -3.2% GDP to +5.0% GDP Growth.

The highest consistent sustained US GDP growth rates were from 1955 to 1980 when Reaganomics started eroding this country.
fredgraph.png

WOW! HOLY COW!!

A whole 30 in a city of 670,000????
how many closed?

lol you're bragging about that idiot?

lol

your source is a metro entertainment magazine. many of the restuarants arent in Seattle proper

ur a joke

HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!
and it's from the SAME source you provided Einstein!!

Seattle Restaurant Closings | Seattle Met
www.seattlemet.com/tags/seattle-restaurant-closings
Seattle Metropolitan
Renee Erickson Is Closing Boat Street Cafe. Her very first restaurant says adieu on May 30. By Allecia Vermillion; Published 02/24/2015. Little.uncle gzpazv.

Let them raise it as much as they want, who cares. If people want to patronize businesses that pay sky high minimum wage, more power to them. And if people want to patronize businesses that are right outside the Seattle city limits, and that pay less more power to them too. If Seattle can make a workers paradise work, let them do it, we all have the choice of shopping elsewhere if we don't want to support it.
If it becomes a federal law, and businesses everywhere are forced to pay these kind of minimums, then I've got a huge problem with it.
As long as I can choose to go elsewhere, then let these liberal shitholes play god, I don't give a fuck.

Actually you're wrong.

The high minimum wage in Seattle forces business in neighboring cities to raise their wages to compete with Seattle.

If a worker can just walk across the city line and be paid much higher than staying with their own city, that worker is going to do it.

Sure a business can open across the city line and pay lower wages but they won't be able to find workers to run that business if they pay wages below what's being paid across the street.

When the minimum wage was 9 dollars and some change throughout the state last summer, my daughter got a job at Olive Garden here in my county. The minimum wage was that 9 dollar an our everywhere in the state. However, Olive Garden started my daughter out at over 10 an hour.

High wages will force other businesses to raise their wages to be able to have people to work in the business.

Just to give full disclosure, I live in Wa. In a suburb of Seattle.

Let them raise it as much as they want, who cares. If people want to patronize businesses that pay sky high minimum wage, more power to them. And if people want to patronize businesses that are right outside the Seattle city limits, and that pay less more power to them too. If Seattle can make a workers paradise work, let them do it, we all have the choice of shopping elsewhere if we don't want to support it.
If it becomes a federal law, and businesses everywhere are forced to pay these kind of minimums, then I've got a huge problem with it.
As long as I can choose to go elsewhere, then let these liberal shitholes play god, I don't give a fuck.

Actually you're wrong.

The high minimum wage in Seattle forces business in neighboring cities to raise their wages to compete with Seattle.

If a worker can just walk across the city line and be paid much higher than staying with their own city, that worker is going to do it.

Sure a business can open across the city line and pay lower wages but they won't be able to find workers to run that business if they pay wages below what's being paid across the street.

When the minimum wage was 9 dollars and some change throughout the state last summer, my daughter got a job at Olive Garden here in my county. The minimum wage was that 9 dollar an our everywhere in the state. However, Olive Garden started my daughter out at over 10 an hour.

High wages will force other businesses to raise their wages to be able to have people to work in the business.

Just to give full disclosure, I live in Wa. In a suburb of Seattle.

lol
so you're saying the minimum wage hike IS causing restaurants to close; but outside of Seattle proper?

HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!

Seattle Metropolitan
Renee Erickson Is Closing Boat Street Cafe. Her very first restaurant says adieu on May 30. By Allecia Vermillion; Published 02/24/2015. Little.uncle gzpazv.

Okay, so you've got one. Though it predates the new minimum wage law. But whatever....

It's not a Republican plan. It's going to be up to the business and the people who owns them plan. if they want to be FORCED to pay people more who might not be worth your Forced higher min.wage. And your Democrat plan hits the people in one way or another. If they don't cut out jobs then they'll pass on the higher mim. wage in the prices of their goods they sell. so it's not just Republicans who can find your Democrat plan sucks for consumers and for people who needs a job and there will be less of those, thanks to you Democrats. and if think raising the mim. wage is going to get people off welfare. wishful thinking I'd say

it's
HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!

Seattle Metropolitan

Okay, so you've got one. Though it predates the new minimum wage law. But whatever....

because businesses had to react only after the exact date it was passed.................but whatever

Enough of the rambling delusional B$...

According to Forbes (NOT a GOP biased source) Reagan did better / has done better than Obama in jobs and growth. While it has been Obama's goal to be the 'Liberal Reagan', he has failed at this, too.

Sorry, Obama Fans: Reagan Did Better on Jobs and Growth

(Feel free to check with CNN and several other sources.)

No, denial of the postings of the radical right makes you the IDIOT!

More than 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open Since $15 Minimum Wage Became Law!

In-spite of relentless Republican Lies claiming the opposite.
You're an idiot. No Republican said that and it says nothing. Many restaurants can afford it because their customers can afford it. The point was that not all will be able to afford the increase. Why is that so hard?
So "the Republicans" means the posters on the board? LOL

Forum List

Back