Out of sight out of mind. Disney classics being censored. Racism Racism Racism

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Disney Puts Warning Labels on Classic Films
In the olden days, entertainment sometimes featured parental warnings to flag obscenity or other content unsuitable for innocent children. That’s not how things work as liberal utopia begins to unfold. Now it is from political incorrectness that children must be protected.
From CNET:
Disney has added disclaimers to movies such as Dumbo, The Jungle Book and Lady and the Tramp warning of “outdated cultural depictions.”

Worse than the PC warnings is actually retroactively altering classic films so that they conform to this week’s prevailing ideology.
It was reported by some outlets that the studio would cut some controversial scenes, such as one from

Dumbo featuring a crow named Jim Crow, but other outlets have said the scene hasn’t been removed. Disney also “reinvented” the The Siamese Cat Song from the original Lady and the Tramp for the company’s live-action remake.

Song of the South is missing altogether from DisneyPlus, as it has been deemed insufficiently reverent toward persons of politically preferred pigmentation. Anything that references the South as a social/political/historical entity is a thought crime suitable for the memory hole, as we have learned repeatedly during the war on statues and on the Rebel Flag.

---------

Interesting. The bloated morons who want to eradicate history and pretend nothing happened are the same ones that won't let us forget that they once happened.

Of course they won't go over all of history as I have mentioned a bunch of times.

What about the fact that at least 10 Native American tribes owned slaves and fought for the confederacy. They won't address that. Oh, the lunatics researched it and when they saw that it was true that redskins indeed had owned slaves and fought for the confederacy, well they avoid it. They have to.

Or....

How the Trans Sahara slave trade is what led to the Trans Atlantic slave trade. They avoid that fact too. Want to know why? Yeah, your guess is right.

The mao red revolution is upon us.

You know, I'd rather have a warning label on the videos than have them edit them and take out anything they thought of as non PC.

Remember when they wanted to edit Mark Twain's books and remove the "N" word from them? That was also stupid.

As far as how do I feel about this? The world and society is constantly changing and growing, and while I do believe it's important to grow and change with it, I also believe that while there are parts of our past that should be put on the dust heap of history, we shouldn't try to completely erase it. Those that don't remember history are quite oft doomed to repeat it. Leave the books, movies and music that was written before all this PC crap came about alone, as while it may not be a great part of our history, it IS part of our history, and we would do well to remember not only that we have changed, but also to remember WHY we changed our views.

Forum List

Back