OSU athletic director slams HUGE coach salaries in "AMATEUR" college football

Free education is a form of payment. I know this because I had an athletic scholarship in college. I picked up a check from the financial aid office and signed it over at the registrars office. If it’s not a form of payment, what would you call it? DUMBASS! Sorry you didn’t have the opportunity to attend a institution of higher learner. I’m sure it would have benefited you.

institution of higher learner.??? And then you call me stupid. HAHAHA

And the rest of the students PAY $20,000 a year for their education and consider it money well spent. And all of their professors are paid. None as much as the head coach. But considering what that coach does, that makes sense.

Does the NFL pay coaches 200 times what the players get? THINK

What is the value of the education they get?

They don't get an education. Playing big time college football is a full time job.

You just keep opening your mouth and I’ll keep stuffing your foot in it. Over 75% of players from big time college football schools graduate.
More and more college football players are graduating, but only at bigger schools
When it comes to big-time college football, more and more of the athletes are completing their degrees and graduating. But that same trend is not seen at lower levels.
The NCAA released federal graduation rate data showing that in 2009, 63% of FBS football players and 62% of FCS football players would go on to graduate. In 2017, those rates were up to 78% and 76% respectively. In FBS, the graduation rate was relatively unchanged in the seven years previous to 2009, ranging from 63% to 67%.

Who are we to judge what another earns? I am not about to judge and tell anyone in this thread that they make too much money, and should not. How arrogant.

The players who actually do the work and draw the fans are told "sorry kid but since it's an amateur sport we can only give you a $20,000 a year scholarship." Then they pay the coaches 8 million a year!!!

Ohio State AD sounds off on ‘ridiculous’ salaries paid to Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher

feb 6 2018 Ohio State AD sounds off on ‘ridiculous’ salaries paid to Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher

Suffice to say, Gene Smith is not a fan of the most recent spiraling upwards of coaching salaries in college football.

In prying Jimbo Fisher away from Florida State, Texas A&M is signed their new head coach to a 10-year, $75 million contract. In 2017, Nick Saban was paid $11.2 million, $2 million of which was deferred compensation, on a contract that will pay the future Hall of Famer an average of just over $8.1 annually.

Even for a man in charge of one of the most profitable athletic departments in the country, those numbers are unsettling. Or “ridiculous,” in the words of Smith
College Is a Playstation for Degenerate Richkids

If bimbos were given "scholarships" to perform at university-owned strip clubs, would you support their demand to get paid for their work?

What is the value of the education they get?

They don't get an education. Playing big time college football is a full time job.

Really? You could check with Barrett Jones. He started for 4 years at Alabama and graduated Summa Cum Laude (4.0GPA). Oh, and he was part of a team that won 3 National Championships. Barrett started at a different position on the O-Line for each.

The graduation rate for the Crimson Tide football team is 84%. The national average graduation rate for all students is 59%.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Free education is a form of payment. I know this because I had an athletic scholarship in college. I picked up a check from the financial aid office and signed it over at the registrars office. If it’s not a form of payment, what would you call it? DUMBASS! Sorry you didn’t have the opportunity to attend a institution of higher learner. I’m sure it would have benefited you.

institution of higher learner.??? And then you call me stupid. HAHAHA

We call you stupid for a variety of reasons.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Really? You could check with Barrett Jones. He started for 4 years at Alabama and graduated Summa Cum Laude (4.0GPA). Oh, and he was part of a team that won 3 National Championships. Barrett started at a different position on the O-Line for each.

HAHAHA. One instance out of millions doesn't prove anything, you fool. And besides teachers at college are told to "help" the star athletes. For all we know, jones can't even read. THINK

HAHAHA. One instance out of millions doesn't prove anything, you fool. And besides teachers at college are told to "help" the star athletes. For all we know, jones can't even read. THINK

Can't read? And graduated Cumma Sum Laude? You really are an idiot. But one more tidbit about him. He competed in Scrabble tournaments as well. Tough to do when you can't read.

Admit it, you are grasping at straws.

You are pathetic. You quoted my post and added the drivel about "One instance out of millions...".

But you intentionally deleted the second part of my post. You know, the one that said "The graduation rate for the Crimson Tide football team is 84%. The national average graduation rate for all students is 59%."?

I guess being dishonest when you are losing is ok though, huh?

Can't read? And graduated Cumma Sum Laude? You really are an idiot. But one more tidbit about him. He competed in Scrabble tournaments as well. Tough to do when you can't read.

COMPETED in scrabble tournaments?? HAHAHA. Anybody can compete. Did he win.? I mean other than a participation trophy.

But you intentionally deleted the second part of my post. You know, the one that said "The graduation rate for the Crimson Tide football team is 84%. The national average graduation rate for all students is 59%."?

Graduation rates are whatever the school says. THINK

COMPETED in scrabble tournaments?? HAHAHA. Anybody can compete. Did he win.? I mean other than a participation trophy.

If he can't read, he isn't going to compete. He placed pretty high in at least one major tourney. I'll find out how high.

Graduation rates are whatever the school says. THINK

So you think they will risk their accreditation by lying? When the documentation is available. Don't be daft.

Forum List

Back