Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

I would do it in a NY minute, Coyote. Yes. It's the right thing to do.

If you want to go to Israel maybe you should charter a private flight if you don't want to respect the custom of the holy Jews who are headed there. After all. It's their airline and their Jewish nation. ( El Al ) God blesses those who bless the Jews. I'll go the extra mile for His blessing!

Any time.

Why? If I'm a passenger, I paid for my ticket and seat just like everyone else. Why should my rights be less than someone elses?

It's easy for the rest of us to make fun of these people but I admire them for their strong faith in God.

Good for you. I think they're full of shit. They're giddy over something they have no proof of.

You have some nerve talking about the holy Jews like that. Some nerve I tell you. It's El Al and the plane is headed for Israel. Show some respect and be still. You don't want to provoke the LORD to wrath.

You think women should give up their seats so men won't be polluted by sitting next to them? Seriously...I don't care what religion it is - if they have issues sitting next to us, they can charter a private flight.

This is probably some ultra ultra ultra orthodox branch of Hasidim. They also probably neglected to inform El Al of their anal-ness regarding proximity to unrelated females.

That being said, even if they did touch a woman by accident, I'm sure there is some purification ritual they can do.

Only need to ritually clean after touching a woman if she's menstruating.

That a menstruating woman is unclean and defiles others (Lev. 15:19-24)

If you want to go to Israel maybe you should charter a private flight if you don't want to respect the custom of the holy Jews who are headed there. After all. It's their airline and their Jewish nation. ( El Al ) God blesses those who bless the Jews. I'll go the extra mile for His blessing!

Any time.

Why? If I'm a passenger, I paid for my ticket and seat just like everyone else. Why should my rights be less than someone elses?

On any airline but El-Al I'd agree. They usually accomodate this thing.

Any time.

On any airline but El-Al I'd agree. They usually accomodate this thing.

Then it was their mistake.

It's easy for the rest of us to make fun of these people but I admire them for their strong faith in God.
What is there to admire? They act like spoiled 2 year olds that did not get their way. They block the isle of the plane making it hard to move around in the plane, god only know what it did to in flight drink/meal service onboard. the plane. All because they are afraid they will get cooties from sitting next to a women. Time for there people to grow up and move into this century.

Last edited:
Googling around, this happens a lot. Apparently for the Haredi it goes WAY beyond just not actually touching, but they have a kind of 'radius' implemented too thus they can't sit next to a woman as that'd be too close even if not physically touching. In NYC, they now have special cabs driven by women so haredi woman aren't too close to men. Though I then wonder what happens walking down a sidewalk? :)

Where practical, religious considerations should be respected and accommodated. But if they're adding unique 'denominational' things like a personal space radius beyond the Scriptural don't physically touch, then can take a different flight, or two what two UO rabbi did and buy every ticket for a single flight lest they have to mix with women. :)

Jews must have the most incredible sex lives.

We do. Unlike other faiths, Judaism is very humanistic.

How is a Jew supposed to have an incredible sex life when "contact between the sexes is forbidden unless relatives or married"?

Oh damn

Just kinda thought of a loophole there

That doesn't apply to same-sex encounters huh

Sweet

I would assume there'd be a mixed opinion on same-sex intercourse within Judaism though, as with Christianity. Some people completely against it, some people more open to it...

Are bisexual people like us Abominations in the eyes of the majority of Jews, or...?

Last edited:
Hardshell Jews, get over it, shut up, show respect for others, and get on the fuckin plane, yeah?

Devoutly religious people not wanting to compromise on tenets of their faith. How horrible!

The Jews are God's chosen children. To the Jews I say Shalom (God, I hope I said that right) and Peace. They have and will always have my support.

Devoutly religious people not wanting to compromise on tenets of their faith. How horrible!

The Jews are God's chosen children. To the Jews I say Shalom (God, I hope I said that right) and Peace. They have and will always have my support.

God bless you, OldUSASniper. What a blessing to read this post. What a joy to see someone bless the Jews like this! Shalom is right! You're a blessing!

Good for you. I think they're full of shit. They're giddy over something they have no proof of.

You have some nerve talking about the holy Jews like that. Some nerve I tell you. It's El Al and the plane is headed for Israel. Show some respect and be still. You don't want to provoke the LORD to wrath.

You think women should give up their seats so men won't be polluted by sitting next to them? Seriously...I don't care what religion it is - if they have issues sitting next to us, they can charter a private flight.

:eusa_doh:"polluted"? it's out of respect actually. Funny you defend islam very forcefully here. I've never heard you speak in defense of the women, who in most cases are second class people and in some cases more like property or animals...Go figure :rolleyes:

Any time.

Because you're flying El Al Airlines to Israel.
It's the right thing to do.

While it's true you do not "have to give up the seat" - if it were me, I'd offer to stand up the whole flight. Just for the joy of knowing it pleased God. I wouldn't care about the blessing. I'd just be happy to know I made the LORD happy, Coyote. It is a great feeling to know you've made God happy over some little thing you've done. Nothing like it.

:rolleyes:

Are you Christian? Because they think Mary's a whore. Just thought you should know :thup:

:rolleyes:

Were you not the one complaining about mosquitos and upset about getting bitten by them on another thread here? Maybe you need to change something about your attitude and then the LORD will handle your other troubles.

Were you not the one complaining about mosquitos and upset about getting bitten by them on another thread here? Maybe you need to change something about your attitude and then the LORD will handle your other troubles.

Well hopefully he won't put me on a plane with these assholes.

Forum List

Back