Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

Devoutly religious people not wanting to compromise on tenets of their faith. How horrible!

The Jews are God's chosen children. To the Jews I say Shalom (God, I hope I said that right) and Peace. They have and will always have my support.

Are you Christian? Because they think Mary's a whore. Just thought you should know :thup:
Are you an idiot?...That was a rhetorical question Jew hater :cuckoo:

Are you Christian? Because they think Mary's a whore. Just thought you should know :thup:

So what do they think about Mary?

They think she was a sinner just like every other person who was ever born. She needed a savior and found her salvation in Christ. And you? Do you think she is the "Queen of heaven"? God's boss? His wife? Seriously. Mary is weeping over you people praying to her as if she were a god. Stop the nonsense. Buy a bible and do what it tells you for heaven's sakes!

They think she was a sinner just like every other person who was ever born. She needed a savior and found her salvation in Christ. And you? Do you think she is the "Queen of heaven"? God's boss? His wife? Seriously. Mary is weeping over you people praying to her as if she were a god. Stop the nonsense. Buy a bible and do what it tells you for heaven's sakes!

Okay let me try a different angle. What do these people think of The New Testament?

o-ORTHODOX-PLANE-570.jpg

One person's requirement for religious accommodation can seem all-too-much like discrimination to another.

An El Al flight from New York to Tel Aviv last week encountered delays when several ultra-orthodox Jewish men refused to take their seats next to women over religious objections.

Ultra-orthodox Judaism forbids physical contact between men and women unless they are first-degree relatives or married to one another. In an airplane with close quarters, maintaining such separation is not easy.

As orthodox and secular Jewish passengers boarded the flight scheduled to arrive at Ben Gurion airport on the morning of Rosh Hashanah, the men began asking women seated next to them to move, sometimes even offering compensation for seat changes, Ynet News reports.

One passenger, identified as Galit, was sitting next to her husband when an ultra-orthodox, or haredi, man asked her to move. But she refused to change seats, Galittold Ynet:

"I ended up sitting next to a haredi man who jumped out of his seat the moment we had finished taking off and proceeded to stand in the aisle."

Some of the haredi men spent much of the eleven-hour flight standing and praying in the aisle, which caused general commotion and made it difficult to reach the restroom, Galit said.

More: Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

Absolutely bizarre!
Personally, I think they are a bunch of assholes. It is not about being Jewish; it is about extremism. So, Jew haters, please don't agree with me on the basis of your hating Jews.

Last edited:

No opinion, not part of our religion, no need to discuss it really

Really? No opinion on a virgin birth?

You've got plenty of opinions about Mohammed though. Hmm...

He is a Jew. Do you know that salvation is of the Jews? That Jesus said this to the woman at the well? John 4. Do you know that in Romans 11 the LORD tells us he hid himself partially from Israel so the whole world would have an opportunity for salvation first? Did you know that all Israel shall be saved? If you have ever read the bible you know this. If you haven't? It explains this. Do not boast against the natural branches.

No opinion, not part of our religion, no need to discuss it really

Really? No opinion on a virgin birth?

You've got plenty of opinions about Mohammed though. Hmm...

We don't sit around and discuss other religions sorry doesn't happen

they don't touch members of the opposite sex other than relatives out of respect for their family and others.

they probably should have planned better. But there is no reason they couldn't respected as well.
Extreme religious views cause much misery and even evil in this world...pretty much all religious have manifested such. This kind of thing is unacceptable. These men should have chartered their own plane. We all pay for our tickets; they don't get special treatment because of their religion.

they don't touch members of the opposite sex other than relatives out of respect for their family and others.

they probably should have planned better. But there is no reason they couldn't respected as well.

Good thorough article here about it:
May I Shake the Lady s Hand - Mitzvahs Traditions

It is indeed out of respect and a polite refraining from intimate contact with those not our spouse or relatives (though there's a prohibition against overly intimate 'casual contacts' between even familiy members like hugging and kissing can't say I agree with that aspect but it's there.)
There is nothing 'polite' about what these men did. Nothing excuses their behavior.

He is a Jew. Do you know that salvation is of the Jews? That Jesus said this to the woman at the well? John 4. Do you know that in Romans 11 the LORD tells us he hid himself partially from Israel so the whole world would have an opportunity for salvation first? Did you know that all Israel shall be saved? If you have ever read the bible you know this. If you haven't? It explains this. Do not boast against the natural branches.

I have read the bible. The Jews believe that Jesus is nothing. I believe that if there is any salvation... it's possible because of Jesus. I have no issue with Jewish people. Except these ones were being assholes.

o-ORTHODOX-PLANE-570.jpg

One person's requirement for religious accommodation can seem all-too-much like discrimination to another.

An El Al flight from New York to Tel Aviv last week encountered delays when several ultra-orthodox Jewish men refused to take their seats next to women over religious objections.

Ultra-orthodox Judaism forbids physical contact between men and women unless they are first-degree relatives or married to one another. In an airplane with close quarters, maintaining such separation is not easy.

As orthodox and secular Jewish passengers boarded the flight scheduled to arrive at Ben Gurion airport on the morning of Rosh Hashanah, the men began asking women seated next to them to move, sometimes even offering compensation for seat changes, Ynet News reports.

One passenger, identified as Galit, was sitting next to her husband when an ultra-orthodox, or haredi, man asked her to move. But she refused to change seats, Galittold Ynet:

"I ended up sitting next to a haredi man who jumped out of his seat the moment we had finished taking off and proceeded to stand in the aisle."

Some of the haredi men spent much of the eleven-hour flight standing and praying in the aisle, which caused general commotion and made it difficult to reach the restroom, Galit said.

More: Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

Absolutely bizarre!
Personally, I think they are a bunch of assholes.

And you know this how? Did you ever meet them? Do you know their life story? Their sorrows? How many family members they lost in the Holocaust? What persecution they have suffered for daring to live holy in spite of base men and devils? No. You don't know anything about them except they Fear God and not man. My kind of people. More importantly - FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY - G-d's kind of people!

We don't sit around and discuss other religions sorry doesn't happen

Great. Then leave the thread. We're discussing a group of assholes on a plane. If you don't wan't to discuss other religions then fuck off.

And you know this how? Did you ever meet them? Do you know their life story? Their sorrows? How many family members they lost in the Holocaust? What persecution they have suffered for daring to live holy in spite of base men and devils? No. You don't know anything about them except they Fear God and not man. My kind of people. More importantly - FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY - G-d's kind of people!

How dare you??? You don't know Esmeralda!!!!! How many family members has she lost? What persecutions has she suffered??? You don't know ANYTHING about her!!!

Good thorough article here about it:
May I Shake the Lady s Hand - Mitzvahs Traditions

It is indeed out of respect and a polite refraining from intimate contact with those not our spouse or relatives (though there's a prohibition against overly intimate 'casual contacts' between even familiy members like hugging and kissing can't say I agree with that aspect but it's there.)
There is nothing 'polite' about what these men did. Nothing excuses their behavior.

They obey God the best they know and the LORD favors them for this. Nothing excuses your behavior, Esmeralda...... Not even your ignorance.

There is nothing polite about vindication. It is a sign of weakness not politeness. I'm glad they are not weak. No one has to explain to you why they obey God. That is nonsense.

Forum List

Back