Yyyyyeahhhhh ummm.... that's what this thread is doing.

Did you even read the OP at all?

Actually I did, I was a recruiter in Kingsport TN many years ago, we arranged for the Golden Knights to jump in to their annual Fun Fest. It's the smallest LZ they routinely jump, about 30' square. That was our only involvement, the city ran the show. Ball parks are private property, don't obey the rules, you're asked to leave. No one forces these people to go to a game.

But once they're at that game there's somebody forcing this shit on them, and when we say "force" we mean under penalty of being ejected, suspended, traded, or otherwise penalized including threats of assault and death. See several more incidences posted before I saw your post.

It ain't government so they have every right to do so. Don't like it boycott them.

One of many examples I submitted of coercion was a student denied a diploma for refusing to sing Jingo Balls.

You put a "funny" on that.

You think government-sponsored institutional coercion is "funny"?

More commie lies, he was denied participation in the graduation ceremony, he got his diploma. That happens sometimes when people don't play well with others.

So the answer is yes --- you DO think government-sponsored coercion is funny.

That says a lot, doesn't it.

This one's from 1934:

img

How 'bout that. Eighty-three years ago --- those students are probably all dead by now --- people could see where this shit goes. And here 83 years later we still have people who can't.

This thread is about politics --- not sports. Let's get that clear at the start.

>> ...if you’ve been to a baseball game at any time in the last decade, you’ve probably noticed some changes. Military or law enforcement members now perform flag ceremonies before the start of the game. Military recruits are enlisted right on the field. Surprise reunions of deployed men and women and their families play out before an audience of thousands. There’s always the obligatory ovation for wounded warriors. And this year saw a flyover by three F-18 fighter jets during the playing of the national anthem.

The games have morphed into choreographed patriotic events. Who’s paying for all this hoopla? As it turns out, you and I are, through the tax money that we send to the Pentagon.

Former Arizona Republican senators John McCain and Jeff Flake issued a report a few years ago that found that since 2013, the most recent year for which statistics are available, the Pentagon has shelled out at least $6.8 million for Major League Baseball, the National Football League, and other sports leagues to “honor” troops with cheap stunts at sporting events. The details are listed in a new Senate report.

The total tally may top $10 million — and even reach $100 million, if you count the military’s marketing deals with NASCAR.

For millions of your tax dollars, the Pentagon is buying things like ceremonial first pitches for recent veterans, club-level seats for vets at football games, and airport greetings for returning service members.

If that sounds crass to you, you’re not alone.

... Patriotism is a good thing. It can be unifying and inspiring. But what we’re seeing at sporting events isn’t patriotism. It’s nationalism — propaganda, even — and it’s potentially dangerous.

The Pentagon even pays for “sponsored” renditions of God Bless America.

Irving Berlin wrote that song in 1918 as a show tune for a revue called Yip Yip Yaphank. ...Since then, it’s become an official part of Major League Baseball games. In several stadiums the tune has replaced Take Me Out to the Ballgame in group sing-alongs during the seventh-inning stretch.

In fact, this former show tune has become mandatory in some places.

In 2008, a fan at Yankee Stadium was restrained and then ejected by police officers for attempting to leave his seat for the restroom while the song was playing. The following year, three minor league fans of the now-defunct Newark Bears were ejected from the stadium for refusing to stand during the song.

If it’s freely chosen, standing for the national anthem is patriotic. Forcing people to stand for God Bless America isn’t. This is about more than taxpayer money. The government has no business propagandizing the American people. --- John Kiriakou, former CIA counterterrorism officer and former senior investigator with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee

This Paid Patriotism Scandal, starring the US Pentagon in the role of Pimp, is sadly not a new story. It's the same Jingoism song and dance (literally) that brought NFL players out to the field for the national anthem about ten years ago, which, unknown to the general public because it was never part of the telecast, became a fake "issue" when some photographer who obviously wasn't doing the Jingo Dance snapped quarterback Colin Kaepernick's picture, sitting out the song.

Your tax dollars at work, fans. And you non-fans, you're paying the same thing for mass Jingo-ball choreography literally forced on a captive audience who came there for a completely different purpose, that being to specifically get away from . Good to know as April 15 approaches, right?

Just in case it didn't sink in:
"God Bless Ameirca" replaces "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" --- the exact event they all came there for.
Now try to imagine being forcibly ejected for refusing to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".

Next time you go to a sports event and they try to force you to do the mandatory Jingo Dance, pull out your Earnest V. Starr flag and walk out of your seat. Do it in droves. We won't all fit in the bathroom so go get something to eat or drink. Just walk around until the Jingo Exercise peters out. Flatly refuse to sit in the back of the bus and make them arrest us all until it sinks in to them that they can't coerce people.

Got virtually a whole baseball season in front of us. Do it. Resist Big State.

Statist-enforced mob mentality ---- where it leads:

ExaltedVictoriousJellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Authoritarians LOVE this shit. And they rouse the unwashed to do their authoritarian bidding with phrases like "get that sumbitch off the field, he's fired".

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:
Spending $10 million on marketing our military = BAD
Paying thirdworld wetbacks $100 BIILION to fuck the U.S. up = GOOD

These new age LefTarded pukes are so fucked in the head...it’s actually fascinating.

This thread is about politics --- not sports. Let's get that clear at the start.

>> ...if you’ve been to a baseball game at any time in the last decade, you’ve probably noticed some changes. Military or law enforcement members now perform flag ceremonies before the start of the game. Military recruits are enlisted right on the field. Surprise reunions of deployed men and women and their families play out before an audience of thousands. There’s always the obligatory ovation for wounded warriors. And this year saw a flyover by three F-18 fighter jets during the playing of the national anthem.

The games have morphed into choreographed patriotic events. Who’s paying for all this hoopla? As it turns out, you and I are, through the tax money that we send to the Pentagon.

Former Arizona Republican senators John McCain and Jeff Flake issued a report a few years ago that found that since 2013, the most recent year for which statistics are available, the Pentagon has shelled out at least $6.8 million for Major League Baseball, the National Football League, and other sports leagues to “honor” troops with cheap stunts at sporting events. The details are listed in a new Senate report.

The total tally may top $10 million — and even reach $100 million, if you count the military’s marketing deals with NASCAR.

For millions of your tax dollars, the Pentagon is buying things like ceremonial first pitches for recent veterans, club-level seats for vets at football games, and airport greetings for returning service members.

... Patriotism is a good thing. It can be unifying and inspiring. But what we’re seeing at sporting events isn’t patriotism. It’s nationalism — propaganda, even — and it’s potentially dangerous.

Irving Berlin wrote that song in 1918 as a show tune for a revue called Yip Yip Yaphank. ...Since then, it’s become an official part of Major League Baseball games. In several stadiums the tune has replaced Take Me Out to the Ballgame in group sing-alongs during the seventh-inning stretch.

In 2008, a fan at Yankee Stadium was restrained and then ejected by police officers for attempting to leave his seat for the restroom while the song was playing. The following year, three minor league fans of the now-defunct Newark Bears were ejected from the stadium for refusing to stand during the song.

If it’s freely chosen, standing for the national anthem is patriotic. Forcing people to stand for God Bless America isn’t. This is about more than taxpayer money. The government has no business propagandizing the American people. --- John Kiriakou, former CIA counterterrorism officer and former senior investigator with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee

This Paid Patriotism Scandal, starring the US Pentagon in the role of Pimp, is sadly not a new story. It's the same Jingoism song and dance (literally) that brought NFL players out to the field for the national anthem about ten years ago, which, unknown to the general public because it was never part of the telecast, became a fake "issue" when some photographer who obviously wasn't doing the Jingo Dance snapped quarterback Colin Kaepernick's picture, sitting out the song.

Your tax dollars at work, fans. And you non-fans, you're paying the same thing for mass Jingo-ball choreography literally forced on a captive audience who came there for a completely different purpose, that being to specifically get away from . Good to know as April 15 approaches, right?

"God Bless Ameirca" replaces "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" --- the exact event they all came there for.
Now try to imagine being forcibly ejected for refusing to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame".

Next time you go to a sports event and they try to force you to do the mandatory Jingo Dance, pull out your Earnest V. Starr flag and walk out of your seat. Do it in droves. We won't all fit in the bathroom so go get something to eat or drink. Just walk around until the Jingo Exercise peters out. Flatly refuse to sit in the back of the bus and make them arrest us all until it sinks in to them that they can't coerce people.

Authoritarians LOVE this shit. And they rouse the unwashed to do their authoritarian bidding with phrases like "get that sumbitch off the field, he's fired".

PLAY BALL.
I don't know how long you've been going to baseball games, but I've been watching military personnel unfurling flags since the sixties.

PLAY BALL.
I don't know how long you've been going to baseball games, but I've been watching military personnel unfurling flags since the sixties.

American flags and patriotism is offensive to the LefTarded.

Actually I did, I was a recruiter in Kingsport TN many years ago, we arranged for the Golden Knights to jump in to their annual Fun Fest. It's the smallest LZ they routinely jump, about 30' square. That was our only involvement, the city ran the show. Ball parks are private property, don't obey the rules, you're asked to leave. No one forces these people to go to a game.

But once they're at that game there's somebody forcing this shit on them, and when we say "force" we mean under penalty of being ejected, suspended, traded, or otherwise penalized including threats of assault and death. See several more incidences posted before I saw your post.

It ain't government so they have every right to do so. Don't like it boycott them.

One of many examples I submitted of coercion was a student denied a diploma for refusing to sing Jingo Balls.

More commie lies, he was denied participation in the graduation ceremony, he got his diploma. That happens sometimes when people don't play well with others.

You mean like public schools telling police to stand down while rioters prevent free speech?

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

These new age LefTarded pukes are so fucked in the head...it’s actually fascinating.

Rhetoric Repairman goes to work.

Spending $53 to 100 million on sabotaging sporting events people went to for entertainment relief to plant MIC-worship yea verily that we might smite that week's Emmanuel Goldstein, under threat of expulsion, assault, loss of job, death threats, hard labor in prison for not kowtowing to the State's Jingo Balls fantasy = BAD

Paying thirdworld wetbacks $100 BIILION to fuck the U.S. up = DIDN'T EVEN BRING IT UP

Fixed it for ya, now let's add two more:

Changing money numbers to try to lessen what you know is bullshit and therefore make dishonest argument = BAD.

Learning how the fuck to read = GOOD

You mean like public schools telling police to stand down while rioters prevent free speech?

Once AGAIN ---- not part of the topic here, so no. Cite some specific example and we'll plug it in but it's not present.

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

Spending $53 to 100 million on sabotaging sporting events people went to for entertainment relief to plant MIC-worship yea verily that we might smite that week's Emmanuel Goldstein, under threat of expulsion, assault, loss of job, death threats, hard labor in prison for not kowtowing to the State's Jingo Balls fantasy = BAD

Paying thirdworld wetbacks $100 BIILION to fuck the U.S. up = DIDN'T EVEN BRING IT UP

Changing money numbers to try to lessen what you know is bullshit and therefore make dishonest argument = BAD.

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?
Every good, real American I know enjoys the flag presentation, the performing of the anthem, the jets...etc etc as much as the sporting event itself... You unAmerican pieces of shits wouldn't understand this though.

No but you have in many other threads....for this you have zero credibility on such a matter...You simply can not agree with forcing Americas best to fund wetbacks to the tune of tens of billions per year and then expect to be taken seriously when you bitch about marketing the U.S. Military to the people.

PLAY BALL.

Since the early Sixties, probably right around 1960-61.

I've been aware all that time that the game can't start until we play Jingo Balls (the national anthem). What I've never figured out or been given a logical answer to is --- why we do that. Perhaps while we were on the way to Crosley Field there was an imperceptiblle earthquake and the city of Cincinnati now resides in Yugoslavia, so we have to identify ourselves before the Cubans and Dominicans and Japanese and Venezuelans can play the game. I dunno. :dunno:

Strangely enough I played many a Little League or neighborhood kid game and amazingly when we were ready to go we just freaking played ball. Not once did the cops come and arrest us for not doing some jingo dance first. And somehow those games all still counted. Compared to some of the strongarm events noted here, I guess we got off lucky.

I do however know how it got started and where that kind of mob mentality leads. Innocent people getting benched, ejected, beaten up, imprisoned, fired, denied a diploma, getting death threats, etc for the "crime" of not sheeping along with the sheep. And there's no possible argument to excuse that shit.

There's nothing anywhere in the rulebook of baseball (or any other sport) that requires a national anthem or any kind of jingoism at all, unless perhaps the sport is taking place at the Olympics.. Has nothing in the world to do with whether that pitch was a strike, whether that receiver was out of bounds or whether that guard committed a foul. Zero. Has no valid reason to be there. The thing is, when they force fans to sing a Jingo song under threat of expulsion, or even when they trot out all the pseudo-"patriotism" regalia as a condition of starting the game, they never mention that they were paid to put that show on. And that makes if FAKE. And Fake is not a good thing.

I happen to have a violent allergic reaction to Phony. Trotting out militaristic songs and flags and parades, all exquisitely choreographed and scripted and timed, because you were PAID to let them do that, is not "patriotism". It's a goddam commercial, and the product is Militarism Mindset. It's advertising. Remember that the function of advertising is to persuade the public to buy something they don't need by persuading them that they do need it. (If you truly do need something, you don't need to be convinced that you do --- advertising exists to introduce and perpetuate an alien idea)

True
patriotism is raw. It is not scripted, it is not predictable, it is not forced. It's voluntary and it's spontaneous and it NEVER appears for the reason that somebody told you to do it so you obediently go through the motions so you don't get tossed out. So don't trot out this artificial bullshit in front of me and claim it's "patriotism" because it's NOT. It's marketing. And when you start throwing people out and/or punishing them for not going along with it, that's fascism. Technically it's authoritarianism but let's bring it close to home.

For an example: a few years back -- this was on national TV -- a baseball game was going on one night and it was in the middle of the game, maybe sixth inning or whatever, in play, and news came over that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. SPONTANEOUSLY many in the ballpark started chanting "USA USA". The announcers had to explain what prompted the chant. <<THAT is real patriotism. Because nobody told them to do that, nobody stood at a podium and conducted it, nobody gave them a friggin' script and nobody knew it was going to happen. Parading some pre-scripted, rehearsed, tailored, pristinely coiffed actors out on an entirely irrelevant field, and you have to sit through this to get the game you paid for, that's just bullshit engineered for the purpose of mind control.

And for those authoritarian-apologist wankers who try to make all this about "recruiting expenses" there ain't no way a baseball (football, basketball, whatever) game is anywhere near a likely target for recruiting in the first place. Your captive audience is vastly too old or too young to be in the least influenced. If it were a likely target there would be a YUGE military recruiting station at the ballpark so they could snag those masses right away. There isn't, because that's not the point. The point is to infuse ideas in the minds of the masses. THAT is why they target a stadium with tens of thousands of people in it --- reach.

Last edited:

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?
Every good, real American I know enjoys the flag presentation, the performing of the anthem, the jets...etc etc as much as the sporting event itself... You unAmerican pieces of shits wouldn't understand this though.

Appeal to Emotion, Sheep-style = "BAAAA". Dismissed. :eusa_hand:

Grow a pair and learn how to say "why" instead of "how high" when the Man says "jump".

No but you have in many other threads....for this you have zero credibility on such a matter...You simply can not agree with forcing Americas best to fund wetbacks to the tune of tens of billions per year and then expect to be taken seriously when you bitch about marketing the U.S. Military to the people.

Bull. Shit.

Prove me wrong , go find these threads or those posts and quote me. Bring 'em here, even if they're off topic.

Failing that, come back here and admit that you just pulled it out of your ass because you can't think of an argument to butter up those authoritarian boots you apparently can't lick hard enough. Dishonest HACK.

As noted directly above --- learn how the fuck to READ.

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Grow a pair and learn how to say "why" instead of "how high" when the Man says "jump".

Bull. Shit.

Prove me wrong , go find these threads or those posts and quote me. Bring 'em here, even if they're off topic.

Failing that, come back here and admit that you just pulled it out of your ass because you can't think of an argument to butter up those authoritarian boots you apparently can't lick hard enough. Dishonest HACK.

There it is folks....when Americans take pride in being American, show their respect for the flag and enjoy a public display of patriotism they are "emotional, sheep with no nuts" that's exactly what the twisted, unAmerican pieces of shits on the Left think of good, real, legitimate Americans

Bull. Shit.

You want me to sift through all your postings to show you where you have expressed your support for illegal wetbacks?
No time for that...how about you just tell us right now...
Do you support aggressive action to stop wetbacks at the border?
Do you support aggressive action to commence mass deportations of currently present wetbacks?
Do you support cutting ALL incentives for wetbacks?

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Bull. Shit.

It’s the militarization of American society – it started more than 25 years ago during the First Gulf War.

The Pentagon – desperate to avoid the mistakes of Vietnam, where the people turned against the war – sought to integrate militarism into American popular culture, the entertainment industry in particular, with television shows, movies, and sporting events.

Much of that integration was to conjoin militarism with patriotism – an ancient but effective tactic.

Those efforts intensified after 9/11 and the start of the two failed, illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And as those wars dragged on the propagandistic link between militarism and patriotism continued.

Some of it might have been a good faith effort to honor and support American service men and women, but such efforts were soon co-opted and misappropriated by the Pentagon and militarist politicians.

Today the Pentagon has successfully realized the militaristic myth it sought, with private citizens who defend war and militarism by attacking fellow citizens with false accusations of being ‘un-patriotic’ when those citizens dare criticize war and the pro-military propaganda that permeates American society.

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Bull. Shit.

There it is folks....when Americans take pride in being American, show their respect for the flag and enjoy a public display of patriotism they are "emotional, sheep with no nuts" that's exactly what the twisted, unAmerican pieces of shits on the Left think of good, real, legitimate Americans

Bull. Shit.

You want me to sift through all your postings to show you where you have expressed your support for illegal wetbacks?
Do you support aggressive action to commence mass deportations of currently present wetbacks?

So you CAN'T DO IT, and at the same time don't have the BALLS to admit you're a fucking LIAR.

How predictable was that.

Here's how it works Jackwagon --- I know literally everything I've ever posted and stand behind it, so when some dishonest asswipe like you comes along claiming shit that doesn't exist I know it immediately and I call it out for the dishonest hackery it is.

YOU LOSE.

PLAY BALL.

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Bull. Shit.

It’s the militarization of American society – it started more than 25 years ago during the First Gulf War.

The Pentagon – desperate to avoid the mistakes of Vietnam, where the people turned against the war – sought to integrate militarism into American popular culture, the entertainment industry in particular, with television shows, movies, and sporting events.

Much of that integration was to conjoin militarism with patriotism – an ancient but effective tactic.

Those efforts intensified after 9/11 and the start of the two failed, illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And as those wars dragged on the propagandistic link between militarism and patriotism continued.

Some of it might have been a good faith effort to honor and support American service men and women, but such efforts were soon co-opted and misappropriated by the Pentagon and militarist politicians.

Today the Pentagon has successfully realized the militaristic myth it sought, with private citizens who defend war and militarism by attacking fellow citizens with false accusations of being ‘un-patriotic’ when those citizens dare criticize war and the pro-military propaganda that permeates American society.

That's exactly right, the timing is telling and the perspective is astute. :thup:

Way too many sheep just swallow all this political quackery without ever stopping to ask why it exists. Then when somebody at the game, player or spectator, resists the mind control they start whining about "bringing politics into football", as if we're supposed to believe the reaction is the initial action. Which I guess demonstrates how effective that indoctrination is.

None so blind as those who are determined to not-see.

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Bull. Shit.

Bull. Shit.

So you CAN'T DO IT, and at the same time don't have the BALLS to admit you're a fucking LIAR.

Here's how it works Jackwagon --- I know literally everything I've ever posted and stand behind it, so when some dishonest asswipe like you comes along claiming shit that doesn't exist I know it immediately and I call it out for the dishonest hackery it is.

YOU LOSE.

I'm pretty sure you lose...You're afraid to answer a few questions..I bet I know why.

"Do you support aggressive action to stop wetbacks at the border?
Do you support cutting ALL incentives for wetbacks?"

LefTard Logic:

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Bull. Shit.

That's exactly right, the timing is telling and the perspective is astute. :thup:

Way too many sheep just swallow all this political quackery without ever stopping to ask why it exists. Then when somebody at the game, player or spectator, resists the mind control they start whining about "bringing politics into football", as if we're supposed to believe the reaction is the initial action. Which I guess demonstrates how effective that indoctrination is.

None so blind as those who are determined to not-see.

How is the flag, the anthem and the military "politics"?
Because you LefTarded wacks hate all things that may invoke patriotism, American pride, American tradition, American culture? Just spit it the fuck out already.

"Sabotage"....Huh, WTF?

Bull. Shit.

Bull. Shit.

YOU LOSE.

I'm pretty sure you lose...You're afraid to answer a few questions..I bet I know why.

"Do you support aggressive action to stop wetbacks at the border?
Do you support cutting ALL incentives for wetbacks?"

I don't *NEED* to answer your fucking questions, dishonest hack. **YOU** need to prove those posts EXIST.

You already made the ass-ertion in the past tense. And you have NOTHING to back it up. ZERO. NADA. BUPKIS.

YOU LOSE. Because you're a fucking LOSER. Check your own name, dickbag.

Forum List

Back