Opiates and aging

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I want to say right away that I myself do not use and I am against the use of drugs. However, I have a research interest.

I have no official data, but based on my personal experience, I assume that opiates counteract aging, because I have known some addicts who used opiates and looked younger than their peers.
They looked unhealthy, but some looked like teens even at 30 years old. I couldn't find an explanation for this until I came across the theory of oxidative aging. And everything turns out to be logical: opiates depress respiration and therefore prevent oxidative stress.
To some extent, this also applies to tobacco smoking.
Although there may be a feedback: whoever is inclined towards smoking and opiates (and this is usually combined), he has a specific genetics and ages more slowly.

However, the combination with the oxidative theory of aging do more relible the first variant

• Banned
fuhget it------they look younger because they sit
in cellars all day and their skin is not exposed to
SUNLIGHT
Alcoholics also live like this, but on the contrary they quickly age

I want to say right away that I myself do not use and I am against the use of drugs. However, I have a research interest.

I have no official data, but based on my personal experience, I assume that opiates counteract aging, because I have known some addicts who used opiates and looked younger than their peers.
They looked unhealthy, but some looked like teens even at 30 years old. I couldn't find an explanation for this until I came across the theory of oxidative aging. And everything turns out to be logical: opiates depress respiration and therefore prevent oxidative stress.
Although there may be a feedback: whoever is inclined towards smoking and opiates (and this is usually combined), he has a specific genetics and ages more slowly.

However, the combination with the oxidative theory of aging do more relible the first variant
The majority of opiate users look 20 years older than their age.

• Banned
alcohol ITSELF causes aging-----and falling with all kinds of injury, and cirrhosis----really HARD on the physiology
Okay, but where did you get the idea that sunlight leads to aging?

Only one problem with your scenario--How many fifty year old heroin addicts do you know?

Only one problem with your scenario--How many fifty year old heroin addicts do you know?
many die, yes, but that is beside the point and it usually has nothing to do with the use itself. This is due to side effects from it such as overdoses and infections

They often have a specific appearance, often there are bruises under the eyes and a tired look, but this cannot be attributed to signs of old age, this happens in youth, and even many people like it.

Brittany Murphy apparently had problems with opiates, 11 days before her death she received 120 hydrocodone tablets from the pharmacy

She has just a heroin face with black bruises, she didn't need to do the fake darkening like Spears and others. But she looked great, and she was damn charming.

Last Interview​

Last edited:
I would say that is an "effect on aging."

Of course not. I do not know at all, and probably no one knows what health problems can be caused by the use of pure opiates, if, for example, compared with alcohol, which leads to cirrhosis and so on. Usually they die from overdoses, or because they injected some kind of shit instead of heroin, or because the veins got infected, or because they committed suicide, and so on. No one even knows what this may lead to in the future, because there are no health problems specific to the use of opiates.

Forum List

Back