One thing that amazes me

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
About the Christians here in this country. Many spend so much time bashing the thought if a Muslim wins that it would be some awful cause the Muslims are so bad. Well, you wanna talk about awful acts made in the name of God?

St. Bartholomew's Day massacre, 1472, 20,000 Protestants are slaughtered by the Catholics

All 4 "Crusades" which killed thousands because the Christians thought, for whatever fucking reason, that they could lay claim to the area

How about Pontius Pilot actually sending Jesus to the cross, then 350 years later Constantine finds himself in some shit so the Christians save his ass in order to make Rome Christian(hence the beginning of the Catholic church which is the longest running business in the world today)

How many gay men have been assaulted or killed at the hands of Christians because "its against the bible?"

How many Catholic priests have molested little boys?

The pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution, but then performed that same persecution on the Natives, killed them with disease, and claimed that it was "God's will" for them to have this land (the wonderful concept of Manifest Destiny at work)

Why do I say all this? Cause there have been, at least, as many nut job Christians as ANY OTHER religion, so how can you even find the nerve to talk bad about some of the nut job Muslims? Anybody in the world, and all 3 of the major monotheistic religions have them, that is so extreme in their religion has totally lost all rational thought and all have done awful things. So for all of you running your mouth about the crazy Muslims, I think you may want to look in the mirror because nothing in the past 2,000 years come close to the amount of deaths that organized religion has caused and Christians are at the top of that list.

Before you talk about the Muslims look in the mirror. By the way, both Jeffrey Dommer and John Gacy went to church on a regular basis, and where? A Christian church so get over ragging on the Muslims cause they all have crazy people

i don't care because i'm white and i get cool deals with the dollar menu at mcdonalds but i hate it when those kids are making noise on the slides while i'm eating a burger. it sucks.

and also, it was the Christians who systematically committed the worst Genocide in World History against the Natives and committed one of the worst crimes of history with 300 years of slavery. But just keep talking bad about the Muslims cause many of the Christians have been just so wonderfull to others

but if you are a christan you get to eat a piece of bread and drink wine that tastess good so i don't get why you are being bitchy about everything maybe you can chill out and drink some wine.

About the Christians here in this country. Many spend so much time bashing the thought if a Muslim wins that it would be some awful cause the Muslims are so bad. Well, you wanna talk about awful acts made in the name of God?

St. Bartholomew's Day massacre, 1472, 20,000 Protestants are slaughtered by the Catholics

1572, actually, and the numbers might have been as high as 100,000 including those enslaved as rowers to fight in a series of ongoing wars with the Turks to control the Med.

All 4 "Crusades" which killed thousands because the Christians thought, for whatever fucking reason, that they could lay claim to the area

For whatever reason? How about liberating the Christians who still lived there under the Moslem rule?

Just a thought but you do know, don't you, that the area was Christian before the Islamic invasions, right?

How about Pontius Pilot actually sending Jesus to the cross, then 350 years later Constantine finds himself in some shit so the Christians save his ass in order to make Rome Christian(hence the beginning of the Catholic church which is the longest running business in the world today)

Interesting interpretation of how Rome became Christianized.

How many gay men have been assaulted or killed at the hands of Christians because "its against the bible?"

Ten? No...no..too low Twelve?

How many Catholic priests have molested little boys?

Today? Shit, amn no idea. How many priests are there?

The pilgrims came here to escape religious persecution, but then performed that same persecution on the Natives, killed them with disease, and claimed that it was "God's will" for them to have this land (the wonderful concept of Manifest Destiny at work)

Unlike the rest of the world which never did anything like that, right?

Why do I say all this? Cause there have been, at least, as many nut job Christians as ANY OTHER religion, so how can you even find the nerve to talk bad about some of the nut job Muslims?

Why can't we chide all nutjobs regardless of religion? Sounds like a secular humanist approach to me.

Anybody in the world, and all 3 of the major monotheistic religions have them, that is so extreme in their religion has totally lost all rational thought and all have done awful things.

And some amazing things, too. Y&ou don't seem to really understand the reltionship between religions and the state in times other than this modern one you reside in now, amigo.

So for all of you running your mouth about the crazy Muslims, I think you may want to look in the mirror because nothing in the past 2,000 years come close to the amount of deaths that organized religion has caused and Christians are at the top of that list.

Tell that to the Chinese who had to deal with the Khan Family

Before you talk about the Muslims look in the mirror. By the way, both Jeffrey Dommer and John Gacy went to church on a regular basis, and where? A Christian church so get over ragging on the Muslims cause they all have crazy people

Humanity is a very dangerous troop of monkies to be sure.

Religion is just another excuse.

If we didn't have religion, we'd find another excuse.

1572, actually, and the numbers might have been as high as 100,000 including those enslaved as rowers to fight in a series of ongoing wars with the Turks to control the Med.

For whatever reason? How about liberating the Christians who still lived there under the Moslem rule?

Just a thought but you do know, don't you, that the area was Christian before the Islamic invasions, right?

Interesting interpretation of how Rome became Christianized.

Ten? No...no..too low Twelve?

Today? Shit, amn no idea. How many priests are there?

Unlike the rest of the world which never did anything like that, right?

Why can't we chide all nutjobs regardless of religion? Sounds like a secular humanist approach to me.

And some amazing things, too. Y&ou don't seem to really understand the reltionship between religions and the state in times other than this modern one you reside in now, amigo.

Tell that to the Chinese who had to deal with the Khan Family

well said

good answer to idiotic religious bigotry
Humanity is a very dangerous troop of monkies to be sure.

Religion is just another excuse.

If we didn't have religion, we'd find another excuse.
um, wow, Blacks are humans, did you just call them monkeys?
;)

Last edited:
You know, I think faith is very important to living a meaningful life. It doesn't have to be faith in any particular God or set of beliefs, but just faith that there might be a reason to move forward, like hope, a sense of purpose, and a sense of depth and fulfillment about life. It doesn't have to be pervasive, but if faith were completely absent from the human experience it would be a sad thing.

Religion is a different kettle of fish than faith, because it is organized with a patriarchal leader. I wonder what the similarities arem in terms of organization, to other similar societal structures. Like political parties, and armies and even families - these things have leaders and a core set of beliefs, and one feature of them is that there are designated followers and leaders.

At the family level, the unit is so small that it doesn't pose a danger to anyone to speak of (I am not going to go to war with my neighbor.) In politics, we try in this country to maintain representation to dilute out the patriarchy, and we install term limits in some cases. Though, there is still conflict between parties. Something about the organization of political parties keeps the 'lemming factor' to a minimum. Armies obviously can lead to violence and bloodshed.

Where does organized religion fall in all of this? Would religion be less dangerous (if it is dangerous) if it was more democratic?

Last edited:
Nothing has been more deadly to humankind than religion .. nor is anything so obviously false as religion.

Religion is for broken people.

You know, I think faith is very important to living a meaningful life. It doesn't have to be faith in any particular God or set of beliefs, but just faith that there might be a reason to move forward, like hope, a sense of purpose, and a sense of depth and fulfillment about life. It doesn't have to be pervasive, but if faith were completely absent from the human experience it would be a sad thing.

Religion is a different kettle of fish than faith, because it is organized with a patriarchal leader. I wonder what the similarities arem in terms of organization, to other similar societal structures. Like political parties, and armies and even families - these things have leaders and a core set of beliefs, and one feature of them is that there are designated followers and leaders.

At the family level, the unit is so small that it doesn't pose a danger to anyone to speak of (I am not going to go to war with my neighbor.) In politics, we try in this country to maintain representation to dilute out the patriarchy, and we install term limits in some cases. Though, there is still conflict between parties. Something about the organization of political parties keeps the 'lemming factor' to a minimum. Armies obviously can lead to violence and bloodshed.

Where does organized religion fall in all of this? Would religion be less dangerous (if it is dangerous) if it was more democratic?

As in voting for the commandments we like ? Who should be a religious leader ? What the dogma should be ?

What would happen if they did this?

I see religion as something that has basically been passed down to people by their parents as a guide for how they expect them to behave. If some one decides to continually behave that way I see it as them basically voting for that religion. Stalin and Mao weren't really known for their spitituality but are quite well known for the millions of their own people they slaughtered.

Nothing has been more deadly to humankind than religion .. nor is anything so obviously false as religion.

Religion is for broken people.

You speak the truth, Organized Religion is used to control independent thought. This is why I'm an Agnostic. There are so many crazy people of all faiths we need to stop acting as if its just the Muslims

And to Dive Con, who in his ignorance called my thread "religious bigotry," please read my sig

What religion were those people in Rawanda who killed a million people in 3 months?

You speak the truth, Organized Religion is used to control independent thought. This is why I'm an Agnostic. There are so many crazy people of all faiths we need to stop acting as if its just the Muslims

And to Dive Con, who in his ignorance called my thread "religious bigotry," please read my sig

Do you have a clue on how many things in society influence or distort independent thought ? Have you stopped going to school and turned off your TV too ?

What religion were those people in Rawanda who killed a million people in 3 months?

First off your wrong. Secondly, I love how you justify what the Christians have done by saying someone else has done worse. Hey Willow, you ever heard the line, " 2 wrongs don't make a right?" You might want to read that again

Forum List

Back