One thing that amazes me

First off your wrong. Secondly, I love how you justify what the Christians have done by saying someone else has done worse. Hey Willow, you ever heard the line, " 2 wrongs don't make a right?" You might want to read that again

It's not your wrong. It's you're wrong. What am I wrong about? So? everytime someone on this forum says Obama someone else counter with Palin. SFW? you wanna whine about that now? Hypocrite!

Oh and Germany started two world wars. The second one killed about 55 million people. What religion was that?

Oh, and not to mention Darfur. How many dead now in Darfur? What religion was that? Oh! I sse.

You speak the truth, Organized Religion is used to control independent thought. This is why I'm an Agnostic. There are so many crazy people of all faiths we need to stop acting as if its just the Muslims

And to Dive Con, who in his ignorance called my thread "religious bigotry," please read my sig
it is what i called it, asshole

It's not your wrong. It's you're wrong. What am I wrong about? So? everytime someone on this forum says Obama someone else counter with Palin. SFW? you wanna whine about that now? Hypocrite!

Oh and Germany started two world wars. The second one killed about 55 million people. What religion was that?

What religion was Hitler then since you brought it up? Oh thats right, he was Christian you moron. Thank you for proving my point

What religion were those people in Rawanda who killed a million people in 3 months?

Christian

"The Rwandan government reported on November 1, 2006, that 56.5% of the Rwanda's population is Roman Catholic, 26% is Protestant, 11.1% is Seventh-day Adventist, 4.6% is Muslim, 1.7% claims no religious affiliation, and 0.1% practices traditional indigenous beliefs." -- WIKI

What religion was Hitler then since you brought it up? Oh thats right, he was Christian you moron. Thank you for proving my point

but did he fight the war in the name of Christianity? No! he did not though. Muslims though fight for Islam and wage Jhihad. Moron!

but they didn't kill for Christianity did they? No they killed cause one or the other had the wrong genes. Sick and disgusting.

So what. That wasn't the point of the thread. The point is that Christians harp on about being "Christian", when clearly many are not. What that has to do with Rwanda is beyond me....

religions kill those who oppose them. Once any group takes up the cloak of moralism they feel the need to spread their beliefs...to the extend of killing those who oppose them or do not believe in the same way as they do...been done since the beginning of time and will continue to the end of time.

but did he fight the war in the name of Christianity? No! he did not though. Muslims though fight for Islam and wage Jhihad. Moron!

Wrong response.

The proper response was for you to admit a mistake, and admit you didn't know Rwanda was a christian nation. You were the one that brought up Rwanda, and I suspect the only reason you did was that you thought Rawanda was muslim and you could tie muslims to the genocide.

As for christian terroriists, Rwanda does have plenty of those. But, its never reported in the american media because our media doesn't cover foreign affairs unless it directly affects americans.

"The Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), formed in 1987, is a rebel self-proclaimed Christian guerrilla army operating mainly in northern Uganda and parts of Sudan.

The group is engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government in what is now one of Africa's longest-running conflicts. It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the "spokesperson" of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the Christian Holy Spirit which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations. The group claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and Acholi tradition.

The LRA is accused of widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, sexual enslavement of women and children, and forcing children to participate in hostilities." -- WIKI

So what. That wasn't the point of the thread. The point is that Christians harp on about being "Christian", when clearly many are not. What that has to do with Rwanda is beyond me....

no it wasn't. the point of the thread is to point out how evil christians are, and to prove it the author started all the way back in the 1400's I think. I'm pointing out that in today's world things have changed a bit. I kow, Gump, almost everything is beyond you. sorry for that. Kerry on.

I confess to have completely ignored the Rwandan civial war when it was actually news.

I found the following most illuminating though...

Colonial period

Although the ethnic divisions and tensions between Hutu and Tutsi predate the colonial era, the Organization of African Unity (OAU) report on the genocide states,
In the colonial era, under German and then Belgian rule, Roman Catholic missionaries, inspired by the overtly racist theories of 19th century Europe, concocted a destructive ideology of ethnic cleavage and racial ranking that attributed superior qualities to the country's Tutsi minority, since the missionaries ran the colonial-era schools, these pernicious values were systematically transmitted to several generations of Rwandans…[2]

[edit] The Rwandan Genocide

A Human Rights Watch report notes that the leaders of the Catholic Church refrained from condemning the 1994 genocide. Four days after the genocide began, the Catholic church issued a statement asking its followers to support the new government. Similarly, Archbishop Augustin Nshamihigo and Bishop Jonathan Ruhumuliza of the Church of the Province of Rwanda acted as spokespersons for the government in a news conference, blaming the rebel Rwandan Patriotic Front for the genocide. The lack of a clear stance from the leadership resulted in many clergy members continuing to attend local security committee meetings, in their roles as prominent members of the community, despite the work of those committees in organizing the mass killings. It further allowed politicians and propagandists to claim divine inspiration for the genocide; interim president Théodore Sindikubwabo assured listeners in a speech that God would help them against the "enemy".

Many clergy did not protect civilians who sought their help, either out of fear for personal repercussions or out of desire to see them killed. A smaller number actively incited the genocide. These include most prominently Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor Elizaphan Ntakirutimana, who was convicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and the case of Theophister Mukakibibi and Maria Kisito, Rwandan nuns sentenced for helping to kill hundreds of Tutsi during Rwandan genocide. Also involved were Wenceslas Munyeshyaka and Athanase Seromba. At the same time, some individual members of the religious community attempted to protect civilians, sometimes at great risk to themselves. For example, Mgr. Thaddée Ntihinyurwa of Cyangugu preached against the genocide from the pulpit and tried unsuccessfully to rescue three Tutsi religious brothers from an attack, while Sr. Felicitas Niyitegeka of the Auxiliaires de l’Apostolat in Gisenyi smuggled Tutsis across the border into Zaire until she was executed by a militant militia in retaliation.[3]. Through the recently published book "Left to Tell" Immaculee Ilibagiza, a Tutsi woman, describes hiding with seven other Tutsi women in a bathroom in the house of Pastor Murinzi for the majority of the genocide. At the St Paul Pastoral Centre in Kigali, about 2,000 people found refuge and most of them survived due to the efforts of Fr Celestin Hakizimana. This priest 'intervened at every attempt by the militia to abduct or murder' the refugees in his centre and even in the face of powerful opposition he tried to hold off the killers with persuasion or bribes.[4]
source

Forum List

Back